biotest plasma??

Markos4

Awards
So i was doing some research and i found a supp that seems pretty good,it's called plasma and it cost around 65$ i wanted to know if any of you have actually tried it and if it's worth the price.thanks btw.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So i was doing some research and i found a supp that seems pretty good,it's called plasma and it cost around 65$ i wanted to know if any of you have actually tried it and if it's worth the price.thanks btw.
Looks like a bunch of fillers marketed as a GDA and pump product. I wouldn't waste your money.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
It's supposedly a great product. A bit expensive for me. Get something like Glycofuse. It contains HBCDs (highly branched cyclic dextrins). Glycofuse is what I'm using currently and about half the cost bud.

Markos4

Awards
It's supposedly a great product. A bit expensive for me. Get something like Glycofuse. It contains HBCDs (highly branched cyclic dextrins). Glycofuse is what I'm using currently and about half the cost bud.
Thanks,i was waiting to get positive reviews for this supp, i found it at t nation, and from what company is the one you recommended me?

Markos4

Awards
One positive review vs one negative review i guess.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I've noticed a huge difference with recovery since implementing Glycofuse in my peri-nutrition. Price wise it's perfect for me compared to The Biotest product. I never said plasma wasn't good in fact john meadows loves the stuff. Yeah yeah he's sponsored by them I get that. Do and tri peptides are being used in a few peri nutrition products that are very good. Check out true nutrition.
I follow john a lot, subscribe to his website etc. a lot of his guys use plasma, others use waxy maize(not a fan myself) among other things. I just think biotests stuff is pricey. For instance their GDA (indigo 3G I think) is like 50.00 bucks and at recommended dose wouldn't last a month. One 65.00 tub of plasma isn't going to last very long.
Hell I use powerade when money is tight. If you got the money go for it. If I had the cash to experiment I would and probably will at some point.

Good luck and if you try it I'd be interested in your thoughts.

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Its nothing special and way overpriced

Markos4

Awards
i have just enough money to buy either the one from gaspari nutrition or the one from biotest but if they do the same thing then ima go for glycofuse

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
i have just enough money to buy either the one from gaspari nutrition or the one from biotest but if they do the same thing then ima go for glycofuse
Save your money and just have a pre workout meal

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I've never tried glycofuse but plazma definitely makes a difference for me in regards to energy during the workout and recovery. I also like the orange flavor.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly I have no doubt it doesn't have some positive effects, but I also have no doubt the effects are not worth the price. It's 70 dollars on my page (65 is the price if you order two). Each jug has just 20 servings per bottle. They also recommend "3 servings for most workouts." So depending on how you dose it you are looking at 6-10 workouts per jug. This is a STAGGERING cost per workout. At this cost the effects from those workouts would need to be similar to most average 6 week cycle effects.

It's not even close to a decision for me.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I'm very happy with Glycofuse. I mix two scoops of my BCAA+SAA in with it and my recovery has been fantastic!

Honestly I have no doubt it doesn't have some positive effects, but I also have no doubt the effects are not worth the price. It's 70 dollars on my page (65 is the price if you order two). Each jug has just 20 servings per bottle. They also recommend "3 servings for most workouts." So depending on how you dose it you are looking at 6-10 workouts per jug. This is a STAGGERING cost per workout. At this cost the effects from those workouts would need to be similar to most average 6 week cycle effects. It's not even close to a decision for me.
Agree here :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm very happy with Glycofuse. I mix two scoops of my BCAA+SAA in with it and my recovery has been fantastic!
This^^^

I mixed 1 scoop Glycofuse + 1 scoop Cell Kem OR ModernBCAA intra during prep (between shows) and GREW into my second show with great recovery.

I'm using WMS/ModernBCAA right now and WMS is inferior IMO

Markos4

Awards
Honestly I have no doubt it doesn't have some positive effects, but I also have no doubt the effects are not worth the price. It's 70 dollars on my page (65 is the price if you order two). Each jug has just 20 servings per bottle. They also recommend "3 servings for most workouts." So depending on how you dose it you are looking at 6-10 workouts per jug. This is a STAGGERING cost per workout. At this cost the effects from those workouts would need to be similar to most average 6 week cycle effects.

It's not even close to a decision for me.
Wow it's really expensive, now im sure ima get glycofuse and not plazma.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
MY coach had me using Plasma like it was going out of style. It got to the point that I simply couldnt afford it anymore along with the cost of doing competitions. Then started using glycofuse. To me works the same for extra bucks in my pocket.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
Every T-Nation article is getting to be a sales add for the Biotest supps.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
not to resurrect a very old post but .... doing so anyway I suppose. Simple build your own on TN and you can get the same thing as plasma at a fraction of the cost! Just sayin

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
I tried the product Meadows is pushing now which is his Intra-MD and didn't notice too much.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I still say ... build your own and tailor it to your body and your specific needs/goals .... the only way to go. IMO

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I tried the product Meadows is pushing now which is his Intra-MD and didn't notice too much.

I like the Intra MD, but it's not some magical supplement like Biotest was marketed as. But it's not terrible. It is a VERY high quality product

But yeah, you could always build your own like TKC as stated.

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
I like the Intra MD, but it's not some magical supplement like Biotest was marketed as. But it's not terrible. It is a VERY high quality product

But yeah, you could always build your own like TKC as stated.
Yeah man I know what you're saying, it always made me wonder if the pepto pro was that great. I know the ingredients in intra MD were high quality and it has a great profile I just didn't notice that much of a difference in recovery or muscle soreness.