ALMOST TIME TO WORK ON THAT CUT!!!!

  1. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The goal is obviously to get cut but this year I'm going to put a better focus on avoiding muscle lost which can be difficult during a cut. I will feel that I'm on track if I can avoid losing more than 1-2 pounds a week. Current weight 210(12%BF), Goal 8%BF

    A little history: I've been on a lean bulk all of 2013 and have put on 30 lean pounds.

    The Stack(8 weeks):
    Irion Legion XI-11(currently out of stock) or Abliderate Advanced
    PES Alpha T2
    PES Alphamine
    Analyzed Supp Forskolin 95
    Performax Labs AlphaMax(contains L-Dopa, Arimistane, ZMA, Vit D3 and Forskolin95 to name a few)

    The Dose:
    Transdermal after morning shower
    AlphaT2 (1) prior to Breakfast (2) pre-workout
    Alphamine (2) prior to Breakfast (1) scoop pre-workout
    AlphaMax (2) prior to Breakfast (2) w/Last Meal
    Forskolin95 (1) Lunch (2) pre-workout *** total of 125mg forskolin95 w/AlphaMax

    *AM dose will be 20-30 prior to breakfast.

    *I will use Forskolin95 for a total of 12 weeks and will start Forskolin 4 weeks before this stack.

    Nutrition:
    1. I will not be dropping calories and will continue with Maintenance calories to avoid muscle loss
    2. Carb loading will be the biggest change to diet. I will have to play with this because my workouts suck if I don't get my carbs which pisses me off.
    -I'm going to start with high carb days being Monday(Legs), Wednesday(Back) and Friday(Arms), low carbs Tuesday(Chest), Thursday(Shoulders). I will change as needed.

    The Training:
    2 adjustments will be that I will adjust weight for higher reps(12-15) and I will add cardio* 3 days a week(currently I do zero cardio).
    *The cardio will be focused on avoiding muscle loss as well. Hard for me to explain but it will consist of 1min sprints followed with walking till heart rate drops back to baseline then 1min sprint and repeat for 20min. I have not tried this beofre but I've read it is a way to get cardio without too much muscle loss. We will see. If I don't feel its working I will change up to 20min of HIIT 20yd sprint.

    So what do you think? Recommendations welcome.

  2. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,199
    Rep Power
    4795784
    Level
    84
    Lv. Percent
    11.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    You don't plan on taking AT2 and Alphamine with breakfast correct, but prior to?
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  3. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    You don't plan on taking AT2 and Alphamine with breakfast correct, but prior to?
    Thanks kbayne. Yes to clarify it will be roughly 20-30min before breakfast.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    cbsharpe's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,707
    Rep Power
    846822
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    57.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good luck rphash!

    My set up is almost similar to yours except without the Alphamax....

    And finally after waiting for 2 long weeks, my Alphamine and Amino IV stashes are being delivered today.
  5. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,493
    Rep Power
    3576219
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    57.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I think you've thought this through quite a bit. Dosing and timing looks pretty much spot on with typical recommendations.

    Only thing I would say is that I wouldn't neglect heavier weight training (lower reps) on a cut.

    Good luck.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  6. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    Only thing I would say is that I wouldn't neglect heavier weight training (lower reps) on a cut.

    Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply. I love to lift heavy so I'll probably still get it in.
  7. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188229
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rphash49 View Post
    The goal is obviously to get cut but this year I'm going to put a better focus on avoiding muscle lost which can be difficult during a cut. I will feel that I'm on track if I can avoid losing more than 1-2 pounds a week. Current weight 210(12%BF), Goal 8%BF

    A little history: I've been on a lean bulk all of 2013 and have put on 30 lean pounds.

    The Stack(8 weeks):
    Irion Legion XI-11(currently out of stock) or Abliderate Advanced
    PES Alpha T2
    PES Alphamine
    Analyzed Supp Forskolin 95
    Performax Labs AlphaMax(contains L-Dopa, Arimistane, ZMA, Vit D3 and Forskolin95 to name a few)

    The Dose:
    Transdermal after morning shower
    AlphaT2 (1) prior to Breakfast (2) pre-workout
    Alphamine (2) prior to Breakfast (1) scoop pre-workout
    AlphaMax (2) prior to Breakfast (2) w/Last Meal
    Forskolin95 (1) Lunch (2) pre-workout *** total of 125mg forskolin95 w/AlphaMax

    *AM dose will be 20-30 prior to breakfast.

    *I will use Forskolin95 for a total of 12 weeks and will start Forskolin 4 weeks before this stack.

    Nutrition:
    1. I will not be dropping calories and will continue with Maintenance calories to avoid muscle loss
    2. Carb loading will be the biggest change to diet. I will have to play with this because my workouts suck if I don't get my carbs which pisses me off.
    -I'm going to start with high carb days being Monday(Legs), Wednesday(Back) and Friday(Arms), low carbs Tuesday(Chest), Thursday(Shoulders). I will change as needed.

    The Training:
    2 adjustments will be that I will adjust weight for higher reps(12-15) and I will add cardio* 3 days a week(currently I do zero cardio).
    *The cardio will be focused on avoiding muscle loss as well. Hard for me to explain but it will consist of 1min sprints followed with walking till heart rate drops back to baseline then 1min sprint and repeat for 20min. I have not tried this beofre but I've read it is a way to get cardio without too much muscle loss. We will see. If I don't feel its working I will change up to 20min of HIIT 20yd sprint.

    So what do you think? Recommendations welcome.
    Why are you doing low carb? Feels better or what? No reason to do low carb. Don't add cardio full blast the first week. Add it in once a week then 2 the next week then 3 ect.

    125 mg forskolin means gi issues and possible low bp issues. Ramp them up over a couple weeks.

    Save the alphat2 for after cycle when your body will need it as steroids interfere with thyroid function.

    Include a cheat meal 1x a week to start with.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  8. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Why are you doing low carb? Feels better or what? No reason to do low carb. Don't add cardio full blast the first week. Add it in once a week then 2 the next week then 3 ect.

    125 mg forskolin means gi issues and possible low bp issues. Ramp them up over a couple weeks.

    Save the alphat2 for after cycle when your body will need it as steroids interfere with thyroid function.

    Include a cheat meal 1x a week to start with.
    Great stuff. Thanks for the post. I'm definitely going to consider those recommendations. I actually only get gi issues with lower grade forskolin. I still may drop it to 100mg.

    I also like the progression with cardio you outlined. Again great add thanks!!!!
  9. Board Sponsor
    Adizzle1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    678363
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    10.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Looks like a great set up, you will definitly get some awesome results as long as you keep your diet and training in check!

    i do agree with Pyrobat on the Forksolin, try and build it up. If your comfortable with it you can build it up really fast and be at 125mg by the end of the first week but i would still start low first the work it up.

    Also i would take 2 caps of Alphamax pre workout, 1.) because testers noticed increased drive, positive aggression etc in the gym when dosing pre workout 2.) your already dosing everything else Pre workout so just keep it simple.

    Also doesnt look like it works in terms of keeping your dosing nice and simple but you can try Alphamax 2 caps before bed, really helps to increase quality of sleep and recovery!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  10. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    1188229
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    66.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rphash49 View Post

    Great stuff. Thanks for the post. I'm definitely going to consider those recommendations. I actually only get gi issues with lower grade forskolin. I still may drop it to 100mg.

    I also like the progression with cardio you outlined. Again great add thanks!!!!
    I also suggest na-rala due to my recent reading. I also suggest green tea and cinnamon extract because they are dirt cheap and extremely effective in both fatloss and everyday health.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  11. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thanks for the replies. Good stuff. I'll look into making a few adjustments
  12. Senior Member
    haiz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,087
    Rep Power
    496025
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Some good recommendations. I'd keep the forksolin at 100mg personally. I'm not sure how much extra benefit you would get from 125mg vs. 100mg.

    I also see that you said you were raising your rep range. I have no problem with higher rep ranges, but I'd be sure to keep some heavier training (5-8) reps in there to help hang onto some strength. Doesn't have to be a lot, but maybe 2-3 sets on bigger exercises. That's my personal feeling anyways from my clients in the past and their ability to hang on to muscle mass and strength.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Pursuing DPT Degree
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  13. Senior Member
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389585
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    15.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I think you've thought this through quite a bit. Dosing and timing looks pretty much spot on with typical recommendations.

    Only thing I would say is that I wouldn't neglect heavier weight training (lower reps) on a cut.

    Good luck.
    I'd agree. If your goal is to keep your mass DO NOT neglect heavier weight lower reps. That is a big thing I see people do when cutting. If you goal is not to cut weight but instead cut fat keep you rep range in the lower mid amount an shred the weight with diet and cardio.

    35 min cardio is a good starting point for cardio. It gives your body time to reach your target heart rate and enough time to burn some good calories. I change back and forth between steady state and interval in stair stepper and uphill walking.

    Hope that helps, sup plan is sweet and you should see great results.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  14. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

    I'd agree. If your goal is to keep your mass DO NOT neglect heavier weight lower reps. That is a big thing I see people do when cutting. If you goal is not to cut weight but instead cut fat keep you rep range in the lower mid amount an shred the weight with diet and cardio.

    35 min cardio is a good starting point for cardio. It gives your body time to reach your target heart rate and enough time to burn some good calories. I change back and forth between steady state and interval in stair stepper and uphill walking.

    Hope that helps, sup plan is sweet and you should see great results.
    Great stuff thanks. Definitely going to keep mid range reps as part of my routine.
    Thanks
  15. Senior Member
    rphash49's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,520
    Rep Power
    118671
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    88.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Started this cut today and I forgot how much I sweat on Alphamine. Which is cool in the gym but not so much in a suit at work.

    Didn't add the xi-11. Think I will run it after this 8 week run if I'm short of my goal.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
  2. what natural supplement to use on a cut?
    By adil in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 03:07 PM
  3. optimal time to be on HCG
    By neverstop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
  4. You don't have to work on IGF to be succesful
    By goodbye in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 04:23 PM
  5. Almost time to MONSTER up how should i do this log
    By mixedup in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in