Grape Seed Extract vs Resveratrol

lupis122

Awards
Will supplemental Grape Seed Extract have a negative impact similar to resveratrol if taken post-workout? What is the main difference between the two?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the neg impact? im curious.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the info.

Touey

Touey

Awards

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Will supplemental Grape Seed Extract have a negative impact similar to resveratrol if taken post-workout? What is the main difference between the two?
GSE is a significantly less potent antioxidant, but why dose it postworkout anyway?

Touey

Touey

Awards
one I find interesting the resveratrol study results contradicted in animal study so we must always be very mindful to not putting stock overmuch on these animal study

lupis122

Awards
I am just getting back to the gym after a long break, and read a study that it can speed up muscle damaged which I am currently feeling a lot of. Is there a better time to take it?

xhrr

Awards
Anecdotally for what it is worth I'm taking Formasurge which I love even though this batch has been **** and barely rubs in some days and I have two bottles of Stoked I found laying around that I'm making my way through dosing all 4 pills pre. So I'm taking in a fairly high amount of resveratrol around my workout and I have been making progress at a much higher rate lately so to say it completely negates all beneficial adaptations gained via exercise in my experience is untrue. Obviously there are other factors at play here but I think people are really over exaggerating the negative effects of resv. For example I've gained 25 lbs in some cases on my max lifts and I am already a trained lifter in ~1.5 months all while on a high dose of resv.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I use the TD R-spray ...should be good on absorption and i use it at night after work.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Anecdotally for what it is worth I'm taking Formasurge which I love even though this batch has been **** and barely rubs in some days and I have two bottles of Stoked I found laying around that I'm making my way through dosing all 4 pills pre. So I'm taking in a fairly high amount of resveratrol around my workout and I have been making progress at a much higher rate lately so to say it completely negates all beneficial adaptations gained via exercise in my experience is untrue. Obviously there are other factors at play here but I think people are really over exaggerating the negative effects of resv. For example I've gained 25 lbs in some cases on my max lifts and I am already a trained lifter in ~1.5 months all while on a high dose of resv.
You are confused. Adaptations to exercise and ergogenesis are not synonymous. In fact, many ergogens are known to blunt adaptations to exercise while improving performance acutely

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Wow. I, and probably a lot of us, had assumed they are synonymous. Perhaps define for us what "adaption(s) to excercise" really are versus ergogenisis.

Touey

Touey

Awards
You know we have to wonder on dabbling to fooling with extracts making seems natures has the balance for a reason many times out of 10 adjusting these compositions only lead to nowhere or worse for generally healthy persons

xhrr

Awards
You are confused. Adaptations to exercise and ergogenesis are not synonymous. In fact, many ergogens are known to blunt adaptations to exercise while improving performance acutely
See this is where my knowledge is limited and it doesn't make much sense to me. I understand it can improve performance acutely but blunt adaptations to exercise. So when referring to adaptations are we talking about the health parameters? I think of adaptations as our body becoming acclimated to exercise and therefore recovering better and performing better is that wrong? If these compounds improve performance acutely would they not have positive effects over a given time period due to increased work capacity or muscular strength? It just doesn't make sense that something can increase your performance even acutely and be a bad thing but I am a ways away from all this stuff in my schooling.

I'm assuming you mean exercise performance is increasing but health markers are not increasing or at least not increasing in they way they should when observing an increase in performance.