Branch cyclic Dextrin + di and tri peptides intra workout

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I read that John Meadows advocates this.

JM:
"My view on nutrient timing is that it can be extremely effective in the right situation. Let me explain why to give you some background. For a couple decades I tried about every possible food combination, meal frequency, macro ratio, and caloric manipulation to enhance my recovery to allow for increased training frequency. Nothing I tried worked. I could not recover quickly enough from my brutal training sessions to allow for this. I was relegated to training 4 days a week. A few years ago I used a low osmalarity carb (Branch cyclic Dextrin) and di and tri peptides intra workout, and well, that was about the last time I was sore. No other factors changed. I didn't discover a miracle drug, or food. I began to have others experiment with this combination. Hundreds upon hundreds of my clients noticed the same things I did and are now able to train more and see the same benefit I did. Make no mistake when you can work harder, and more frequently, you will progress. Terminator-like recovery is a grossly underestimated factor in how you progress at the highest levels in my sport."

Is there a supplement that has both?

I see that Carbonx from VPX has "branch cyclic dextrin" and will PeptoPro be sufficient for di+tri peptides?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You don't need peptides or cyclic dextrins. EAAs will achieve a similar effect to peptpro (see citations in Amino IV writeup)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read that John Meadows advocates this.

JM:
"My view on nutrient timing is that it can be extremely effective in the right situation. Let me explain why to give you some background. For a couple decades I tried about every possible food combination, meal frequency, macro ratio, and caloric manipulation to enhance my recovery to allow for increased training frequency. Nothing I tried worked. I could not recover quickly enough from my brutal training sessions to allow for this. I was relegated to training 4 days a week. A few years ago I used a low osmalarity carb (Branch cyclic Dextrin) and di and tri peptides intra workout, and well, that was about the last time I was sore. No other factors changed. I didn't discover a miracle drug, or food. I began to have others experiment with this combination. Hundreds upon hundreds of my clients noticed the same things I did and are now able to train more and see the same benefit I did. Make no mistake when you can work harder, and more frequently, you will progress. Terminator-like recovery is a grossly underestimated factor in how you progress at the highest levels in my sport."

Is there a supplement that has both?

I see that Carbonx from VPX has "branch cyclic dextrin" and will PeptoPro be sufficient for di+tri peptides?
ahh another podcast listener.....he also mentions how this is what works for him because of his training intensity, i highly doubt any of us train nearly as intense as john meadows, i believe they mention a normal amino drink would work for most ppl but not as good as the peptides when your training is at an extremely high level

look into compete with hydrsylate....add your own carbonx and you should be golden

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
ahh another podcast listener.....he also mentions how this is what works for him because of his training intensity, i highly doubt any of us train nearly as intense as john meadows, i believe they mention a normal amino drink would work for most ppl but not as good as the peptides when your training is at an extremely high level look into compete with hydrsylate....add your own carbonx and you should be golden
This is the point I was going to make exactly^^^.

I respect JM a lot and subscribe to his site and follow his MD programs, but even though I do try, I don't train nearly as hard as him.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the point I was going to make exactly^^^.

I respect JM a lot and subscribe to his site and follow his MD programs, but even though I do try, I don't train nearly as hard as him.
watching his training videos is awesome...it's not your normal workouts that everyone else does, i've learned a lot of interesting movements from him and some of those cable connections he has are aweomse

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
watching his training videos is awesome...it's not your normal workouts that everyone else does, i've learned a lot of interesting movements from him and some of those cable connections he has are aweomse
It's hard training solo to push yourself that hard lol.

I love the looks you get doing some of his variations. The look like "dude has no idea what he's doing ". Lol

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's hard training solo to push yourself that hard lol.
Just do it. :D

I've had good success with a combo of HBCD and Modern BCAA+ intra-workout.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
JM knows his stuff without a doubt. IT is from him being my coach I started using Plazma, then since that is WAY to much money I switched to glycofuse. Now I have found with my current training program that using G2 and compete seem to work well for me for a lot less cost.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Just do it. :D I've had good success with a combo of HBCD and Modern BCAA+ intra-workout.
I am buddy I am. You and JM are on another level I'm trying to get to bud :)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ahh another podcast listener.....he also mentions how this is what works for him because of his training intensity, i highly doubt any of us train nearly as intense as john meadows, i believe they mention a normal amino drink would work for most ppl but not as good as the peptides when your training is at an extremely high level

look into compete with hydrsylate....add your own carbonx and you should be golden
You would be surprised. I'm averaging 15 hours in the gym lifting. Some weeks I tempt faith and just go in to lift 7/7 (that would be an 18/19 hour week). Shoulders, traps, and legs day is the worst (today just happens to be one of those days). Completely zapped after those :p

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You would be surprised. I'm averaging 15 hours in the gym lifting. Some weeks I tempt faith and just go in to lift 7/7 (that would be an 18/19 hour week). Shoulders, traps, and legs day is the worst (today just happens to be one of those days). Completely zapped after those :p
geez dude...get a job! haha i wish i had that amount of time to spend in the gym

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
geez dude...get a job! haha i wish i had that amount of time to spend in the gym
I do have a job, that's why I'm up at 4:30 in the morning and in the gym @ about 5-5:15AM for 2 or more hours depending on the split, so that I can make it to work on time :p

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meadows has some higher volume sessions, but that's not usually what makes them "brutal".

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meadows has some higher volume sessions, but that's not usually what makes them "brutal".
I combine the high volume sessions with the DY beyond failure mentality. Burnout sets, beyond failure sets, etc. I make sure I have nothing left before I leave :p Usually main splits I go with a DY type beyond failure routine. On auxiliary days, lower weight but higher reps and more working sets (pretty much all sets are working sets on those days, 3-4 sets per exercise). I think this may be a reason that I actually see using a carbs powder + aminos to be of use for me, damn sessions are so long and exhausting, lulz.

If you're a typical person in the gym for no more than 40 or so minutes, I think you could probably do without carbs powders and aminos TBH.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
insulin is an inflammatory hormone, if every meal of the day is insulin releasing to a significant degree, you don't need more insulin during your workouts.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
insulin is an inflammatory hormone, if every meal of the day is insulin releasing to a significant degree, you don't need more insulin during your workouts.
Who says that I take them to spike insulin? Lulz. I use them because my last meal is at around 5ish in the afternoon (out of convenience and habit) and then I'm in the gym without having had anything to eat for 12 or more hours. I use the GlycoFuse and aminos basically as a simple source of energy without having something heavier swooshing around my gut :p I mean, IMO, if you're in the gym for 2 or more hours just hitting it hard as the first thing you basically do when you get out of bed, I feel like you should have something in your system just in case. LoL.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I will buy some Glycofuse and use it with AminoIV or Strive.

I have used Chain'D Reaction from ALRI pre- and per-workout and it has given me a boost, I have more energy and last longer ( placebo maybe, but I like it).

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will buy some Glycofuse and use it with AminoIV or Strive.

I have used Chain'D Reaction from ALRI pre- and per-workout and it has given me a boost, I have more energy and last longer ( placebo maybe, but I like it).
I think for long training sessions where you're not slacking off, I doubt the energy boost you get from something like GlycoFuse is placebo, I mean it's providing some very quickly absorbed carbs/sugars for your body, that is literally a quick energy source you're consuming throughout your workout.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
You don't need peptides or cyclic dextrins. EAAs will achieve a similar effect to peptpro (see citations in Amino IV writeup)
So AminoIV is just as effective as Peptopro? I have been using AminoIV with Glycofuse + XF and don't get overly sore, just a little.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So AminoIV is just as effective as Peptopro? I have been using AminoIV with Glycofuse + XF and don't get overly sore, just a little.
Yeah the effects will be roughly the same. Same end products, just different transporters being utilized