post workout custom formula?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey guys...we're finalizing a new product for iForce called "Finish Line" that will be our first post workout in a LONG time. We're still in testing phases at the moment, so the formula can and most likely will change/be tweaked.

Im curious as to what YOU GUYS would like to see in a post workout. Protein? Carbs? LCLT? Arginine? Flying Monkey Tears?

Lay it on me!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LCLT would be a great choice is you put 1g in that and 1g in a companion supp meant to be taken at another time in the day (even pwo) since it's best to split the dose. I think most folks are good with a basic whey shake post w/o or a meal, but if this was an enhanced amino drink that would probably have the broadest appeal. High leucine BCAA, electrolytes, LCLT, some carbs. Lots of things that might be good in there

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LCLT would be a great choice is you put 1g in that and 1g in a companion supp meant to be taken at another time in the day (even pwo) since it's best to split the dose. I think most folks are good with a basic whey shake post w/o or a meal, but if this was an enhanced amino drink that would probably have the broadest appeal. High leucine BCAA, electrolytes, LCLT, some carbs. Lots of things that might be good in there
well we have Compete with 1g of LCLT for intraworkout, so you may be on to something there my friend :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Knowing that we will be pounding back a shake or soon having our largest meal post workout in most cases, a nutrient optimizer possibly. A natty anabolic. Leucine in BCAA's or even solo.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well we have Compete with 1g of LCLT for intraworkout, so you may be on to something there my friend :)
well there ya go. lol i forgot about that.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
keep the ideas coming guys...really looking forward to this product

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys...we're finalizing a new product for iForce called "Finish Line" that will be our first post workout in a LONG time. We're still in testing phases at the moment, so the formula can and most likely will change/be tweaked.

Im curious as to what YOU GUYS would like to see in a post workout. Protein? Carbs? LCLT? Arginine? Flying Monkey Tears?

Lay it on me!
I see carbs,potassium*alot of people are lacking the 4.5g of potassium doctors suggest for active people*I see b12,I see niacin,I would love to see d3 *look at the research from Ergo Log* hica lastly. ..mct oil. Post workout fats are infact okay lolol.

Things I feel should be kept out:arginine,protein*you should be pushing your protein powder for this...* , creatine,any form of cla*recently been linked to health problems similar to trans fatty acids*

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pepto-Pro, Leucine Peptides, Na-R-Ala, Super Plasma Bovine

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why do people like pepto-pro/leucine peptides...

They're dramatically more expensive and lack any objective data to show them any more beneficial than protein or free form aminos...The studies on PeptoPro are all things like 'Carbs vs. Carbs + PeptoPro' and never 'Protein vs. PeptoPro' or 'Amino acids vs. PeptoPro'. That's not a coincidence.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why do people like pepto-pro/leucine peptides...

They're dramatically more expensive and lack any objective data to show them any more beneficial than protein or free form aminos...The studies on PeptoPro are all things like 'Carbs vs. Carbs + PeptoPro' and never 'Protein vs. PeptoPro' or 'Amino acids vs. PeptoPro'. That's not a coincidence.
Perception = reality when something is initially percieved as acceptable even when found to be untrue it's too late because of the initial perception

> VT, how about TMG ?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perception = reality when something is initially percieved as acceptable even when found to be untrue it's too late because of the initial perception

> VT, how about TMG ?
Tmg could be good at a half dose paired with the other half in a preworkout.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Liking what I am hearing!

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
I fully agree. All well-performed studies show that consumption of a sufficient amount of whey protein is equal or superior to amino acids or a small amount of protein + amino acids (i.e. latest study from Phillips).

Amino acid supplements are a total waste of money. And this statement is not conjecture or opinon at this point anymore; there is more than enough evidence to support that statement.

BTW, there is actually a study comparing PeptoPro to whey in elderly. Guess what? PeptoPro is inferior.
Can you post the studies for the amino acids please!

There's some pretty good studies for supplementation of Leucine!

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Optimal dose whey plus Leucine is surely better still?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Optimal dose whey plus Leucine is surely better still?
Read his link about coingestion of leucine with whey for the answer. Protein synthesis may not be further augmented, but overall nitrogen balance is improved. Whey is sufficient to maximize MPS, but leucine seems to limit oxidation of constituent amino acids.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
vitargo
greens
moar humanafort
fiber
micellear casein
alc
PS

Shin

Shin

Awards
Some kind of cortisol reducing ingredient would be good to keep post training levels down.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'd love a post workout with super plasma bovine, not only for growth but for the nitrogen retention

how about some aminogen and bromelain to help maximize the drinks protein sources itself?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Lots of good ideas so far!