help with arachadonic acid

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Can someone help me out a little here. I have been doing a little reading but dont seem to have all my facts together.

What exactly are the main benefits fitness wise behind taking this supp? What are other supps that are suggested to take along with it as a good stack?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Those are some good threads above. Basically you want to stack it with carnitine and gms, among other things, but those are the most advised. I love X-gels I use them frequently with Compete and Hemavol. It is a very nice non stim stack.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

read through those threads and it will cover all of your answers. also, SNS website has info on what ArA does and who can benefit from it .

Reactions: mw1
srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks i will have to look into it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arachidonic acid is an omega-6 essential fatty acid (EFA), which serves as a core regulator of protein synthesis (muscle growth) in humans. It supports the anabolic process by acting as precursor to hormone-like compounds called prostaglandins, specifically PGE2 and PGF2α. These prostaglandins are synthesized in the muscles when damaged from intense exercise, and facilitate tissue repair through several mechanisms including an increase in local IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor-1), testosterone, and insulin sensitivity, support of satellite cell activation, proliferation, and differentiation, and an increase in blood flow to the muscles (enhanced nutrient delivery).

While the average dietary intake of arachidonic acid is considered sufficient to meet the nutritional needs of most Americans, individuals that weight train or exercise regularly may benefit from additional supplementation. Studies show that regular exercise causes a significant lowering of arachidonic acid levels in muscle tissue. Because this EFA is so closely tied to protein synthesis, such depletion can impair how the muscles respond to training. By replenishing muscle arachidonic acid stores, supplementation can be a highly effective way of supporting new muscle growth and other positive adaptations to exercise.

Take a look into X-Factor the original arachidonic acid supplement created by the original patent holder, Molecular Nutrition.