Sleep aid

Toff

Awards
  • Established
I've not been sleeping well at all lately, stress is through the roof with Christmas and work, i feel constantly hassled.
My sleep is bad. I just cant get up in the morning, im groggy all day yet km getting 8 hours sleep or more.

Usp powerfull looks to be the best value? Im not sinking £36 on Lights out, I've just spent 1500 on car repairs!

5htp isn't working, tried different brands.

It could be the daa&erase im taking, raising my stress levels

Any other good value supps? I don't trust alri comatose.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Valerian root is good. I prefer it stacked with 6mgs of melatonin and it doesnt make you feel crappy.

Drenaline31

Awards
I've used all sorts of sleep aids, none have come close to the undeniable improvements that Evomuse's Sleephoria give me. I fall asleep faster, I stay asleep, and I wake up feeling more rested than I've ever had. It's become an instant staple.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I dont know about all those other things in that product but valerian root by itself by natures way is great. The one in the green bottle is not as strong as the one in the purple bottle. I take 2 before bed, years ago I used to take 3 and 4 with no hangover side effects. Its very safe and actually good for you. The one in the green bottle you can buy at smiths and purple at gnc, online etc. I would personally buy straight valerian not only because its good but if you dont like something in there, you wont know exactly which supplement you didnt like. Its only $10.00 max.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recommend a few:
Intimidate srt
Abyss
L-dopa/5htp/valroot

powerfull does give me powerfull dreams but not sure I actually sleep better on it.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
cant get abyss in the uk

Ldopa in powerfull...

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend reading up on sleep hygiene to see if you can better your daily routine to optimize sleep although it does seem like you still sleep an adequate amount. I'd give Antaeus Labs Oneiromancer a try; it really knocks you out and makes you feel well-rested in the morning as well as provides some great dreams. It's my go-to sleep aid.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you ever considered that you may have sleep apnea?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Certainly possible. I do shallow breath generally and have had panuc attacks as a result of not remembering to breath.
I did a chest day once and cos i was do tight around my chest muscles it brought on an attack.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
5htp wakes me up as if someone's flashed me in the face with a camera flash. I open my eyes and its pitch black.

I tend to shallow breath because i hold my stomach in all the time, because if I don't my belly bloats out really far and i look like a right fatty, yet, im not fat

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe get a sleep study. I know I can tell a difference when I use my cpap machine and don't.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well of course i'd recommend lights out...but if you want something cheap...how about just some camomile tea at night?

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I use Lights Out and Im out for a solid 8 hrs I think you could find it cheaper than 36 some places online

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is for people with sleep apnea. Not something you can go out and just buy I don't think. Went and got it prescribed by a doctor.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Cpap machine?
People with sleep apnea wear it while sleeping. I dont know how people can sleep with that mask on their face though.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've not been sleeping well at all lately, stress is through the roof with Christmas and work, i feel constantly hassled.
My sleep is bad. I just cant get up in the morning, im groggy all day yet km getting 8 hours sleep or more.

Usp powerfull looks to be the best value? Im not sinking £36 on Lights out, I've just spent 1500 on car repairs!

Check out REM 8.0 http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/formutech-nutrition/rem-8-0-40-servings.html

It's exceptionally well reviewed and very very effective. At 40 servings per tub it's a great deal, and I actually recommend trying out 1/2-3/4 dose as that might do the trick just fine for most people.

Thatguy_603

Awards
Check out g8 by finaflex. I'm using it and it's some good stuff..

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

I've used USP Labs Powefull before and it does work. It takes a while to kick in and I ve noticed it helps me stay asleep.

I am now using Formutech Nutritions REM 8.0. This stuff is amazing and a 1/2 serving is powerful. It will hit you quick and keep you asleep all night. I love REM 8.0. I change schedules often. Some weeks I work during the day other I work at night. Bc if the often changes, I have to use sleep aids more then I would like.

I have used many and the best this far is REM 8.0.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Test boosters help some people sleep more soundly. You could always look at IForce ZMA or Intimidate SRT

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out g8 by finaflex. I'm using it and it's some good stuff..
^^^This, if you can get it in the UK, but I'm not sure of the availability there.
Also, get a sleep study done (free of all supplements, of course). There are many causes of sleep apnea. That would be the first place I looked. If you're getting 8 hours and still don't feel refreshed, it's a good possibility you suffer from it.
How is your diet?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered going to a sleep clinic OP? A lot of these problems may help treat symptoms but will not fix the cause of your issue.

Perhaps instead of supplementation you should seek medical help and that is truly my honest opinion.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Ive only used Lights out for when i had issues sleeping. though if you have constant issues you may want to concider getting it looked at.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used all sorts of sleep aids, none have come close to the undeniable improvements that Evomuse's Sleephoria give me. I fall asleep faster, I stay asleep, and I wake up feeling more rested than I've ever had. It's become an instant staple.
Appreciate the feedback which has been quite positive so far. Fiance loves the stuff. I believe NP will be getting it back in stock shortly.

redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
I've never had any luck with supplement company sleep products.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Abyss Unparalleled is my all time favorite. I should be getting some sleephoria in soon to try out. Interesting profile

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Abyss Unparalleled is my all time favorite. I should be getting some sleephoria in soon to try out. Interesting profile
Definitely curious to see how it treats you. It's not designed to instantly knock you out or anything, but to help get to sleep and wake up refreshed and not "sleep aid hungover." Feedback has been really good. Honestly it's not a supplement I will ever use because I have zero problem falling asleep (yes, hate me now).

squadx

squadx

Awards
A relative of mine always says they have tried melatonin and it "doesn't do anything for them". They were taking the swallow form of GNC 5mg, and also tried the two caps of the Nature's Bounty 10mg. There is probably something more going on if 10mg of melatonin doesn't at least make some really drowsy.

But I had them try the sublingual version of a 1MG/pill, and they were able to get to sleep with 3mg. Probably some mental aspect to that, but if it works for them, by all means.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Yep, i touched on powerfull a while back, didn't think anything of it, but having tried all sorts of supplements that stim the hell out of you, boost testosterone (and stress!), this kind of subtle great nights sleep supplement is where the repair is at, and quite nice to return to! The herbal nytol did wonders last night, waiting for the simply supplements order to arrive, but no abyss isn't anywhere, lights out i cant find for under 36 quid, mass hgh is 34, powerfull is 24

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A relative of mine always says they have tried melatonin and it "doesn't do anything for them". They were taking the swallow form of GNC 5mg, and also tried the two caps of the Nature's Bounty 10mg. There is probably something more going on if 10mg of melatonin doesn't at least make some really drowsy.

But I had them try the sublingual version of a 1MG/pill, and they were able to get to sleep with 3mg. Probably some mental aspect to that, but if it works for them, by all means.
5-10 mg of melatonin is way too much, not to mention the most important aspect of taking melatonin is not the amount, but the timing of the dosage.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
People with sleep apnea wear it while sleeping. I dont know how people can sleep with that mask on their face though.
You probably get used to it.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Blimey, the Valerian complex isn nothing to be sniffed at - I had one the other night at 3am whne I wok up, it wa ok but felt really tired by the AM, had to have loads of stims to get going. I had one the other night and bam I was out like a light! I woke at 8am to do something on my mind (work) then 9am back to sleep and fell asleep for another 2.5 hours! Forced myself out of bed, but felt VERY rested thanks to the total 12 hours sleep!
Stops night time 'fidgeting' anyway, that can make you wake up a lot. Nytol herbal seems to work ok too, milder but a nice sleep with no morning hangover.

jaakonpallo

Awards
5htp wakes me up as if someone's flashed me in the face with a camera flash. I open my eyes and its pitch black.

I tend to shallow breath because i hold my stomach in all the time, because if I don't my belly bloats out really far and i look like a right fatty, yet, im not fat
Like others said you might have sleep apnea.btw that flash light thing is something i occatianally get also...that and "exploding head syndrome".google it they are related.luckily it's not a thing that happens all the time, strange things can trigger them though, i think creatine pyryvate did it to me last time

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A lot if the iForce reps have already suggested it but as someone with no stake in iForce I can vouch for Intimidate SRT. it's the only sleep supplement that I've actually felt did something for me as it had me sleeping through the night, vivid dreams, and waking up refreshed and pretty much springing out f bed with te first chirp of the alarm. It's like $20 too for a month so it's a pretty good deal IMO. I had a log of the whole thing if you wanna check it out.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Im just coming off daa so, no go.

Ordered ldopa, 90 tabs, £7 as a more long term solution than the valerian, and as a libido boost alongside tropinol xp

Scientifically proven, it also gives you a fat willy! :)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot if the iForce reps have already suggested it but as someone with no stake in iForce I can vouch for Intimidate SRT. it's the only sleep supplement that I've actually felt did something for me as it had me sleeping through the night, vivid dreams, and waking up refreshed and pretty much springing out f bed with te first chirp of the alarm. It's like $20 too for a month so it's a pretty good deal IMO. I had a log of the whole thing if you wanna check it out.
it seems like i'm hearing what you just said a lot more lately....seems like intimidate gives the best sleep of ppl's lives where they wake up refreshed and ready to tackle the day

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The new Abyss Unparalleled has worked VERY well for me, I bought a handful of bottles in a sale after going through my first since I liked it so much.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Test boosters help some people sleep more soundly. You could always look at IForce ZMA or Intimidate SRT

Oddly enough, I started ZMA about a year ago, and it really helped me sleep better. I am someone who will fall asleep quick but wake up 2 hrs later and want to get up. With ZMA it seemed I would sleep nearly all night.

I ve always taken melotonin, but the addition if ZMA was great for me. I ve heard others say it did nothing for them in the sleep category, but everyone is different.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have always been a big ZMA user to help with the ZZZ. Recently I started using REM-8.0 and find I have great sleep. Another one I used with great benefits was Humanopro by Labrada. Some of the best sleep I've gotten.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The way you are talking, it doesn't seem that sleep onset is the issue - more of just overall quality. Sorry if you mentioned it earlier, but have you given L-Dopa a chance by itself? How about magnesium?

This could all just be an acute thing as well since you mentioned stress and such.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Best sleep aid for me has been this cost effective stack:

ZMAs, Passion flower. (700mg) & agmatine (500mg).

It relaxes me then knocks me out.
Not everyone responds to ZMAs, but I'm glad it works for me. Oh and yes I have tried multiple sleep aid products from reliable brands and this little stack still works the best at half of the price.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Best sleep aid for me has been this cost effective stack: ZMAs, Passion flower. (700mg) & agmatine (500mg). It relaxes me then knocks me out. Not everyone responds to ZMAs, but I'm glad it works for me. Oh and yes I have tried multiple sleep aid products from reliable brands and this little stack still works the best at half of the price.
Also, wanted to add that with this little stack it wake up feeling refreshed not groggy.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Yep, ordered ldopa last week, on it as soon as it arrives.bi got it initially as an alternative to usp powerfull, its only 15% however noone van give me clear info on dosage so im going 1-2 before bed.

The valerian complex us a good knock out but you cant take it daily due to the mini hangover.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Just got a bunch of free phenibut from my neighbors(they tried it on my recommendation but didn't like it) been taking it with melatonin and nature's way zinc magnesium calcium only thing keeping me up now is my son little **** wakes up every 2 hours wanting a bottle. 21 months 28" 32lb little bundle of muscle lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Apex Alchemy 22
Renew1 Apex Alchemy 15
Supplements 56
OTC Drug 10
Supplements 21