Top 5 performance supps?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
What would the top supplements be for pure performance, pre contest or any type of race be?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well you need to pick one specific event. Pre-race will differ from pre-contest

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Well you need to pick one specific event. Pre-race will differ from pre-contest
Not pre contest as in BB but maybe as in power lifting, any explosive competetion like martial arts, wrestling, football, running etc.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, pre-explosive movement: creatine, betaine, arachidonic acid, amentoflavone, caffeine
Pre-endurance: beta-alanine, nitrates, citrulline, rhodiola rosea, caffeine
Funny I have never felt much from Rhodiola except some heart burn~~ though I was never able to narrow it down that that being the culprit

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Ok, pre-explosive movement: creatine, betaine, arachidonic acid, amentoflavone, caffeine
Pre-endurance: beta-alanine, nitrates, citrulline, rhodiola rosea, caffeine
I've seen it in App Nut's Beta Test. It looks interesting. Are there any other products or just a standalone where we can find it?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not pre contest as in BB but maybe as in power lifting, any explosive competetion like martial arts, wrestling, football, running etc.
I train MMA and used to powerlift. For me, the staples are creatine mono, agmatine, rhodiola, vit D, and fish oil.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
creatine and caffeine IMO

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I train MMA and used to powerlift. For me, the staples are creatine mono, agmatine, rhodiola, vit D, and fish oil.
I never really got anything from Rhodiola, what do you "feel" from it?

Everybody seems to like creatine, how should I dose it? Never been a fan before but willing to give it another try :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never really got anything from Rhodiola, what do you "feel" from it?

Everybody seems to like creatine, how should I dose it? Never been a fan before but willing to give it another try :)
This question seems to come up a lot lately now that rhodiola is gaining popularity. Initially the "feel" will be a boost of energy. If too much is consumed, then that can turn into real lethargy because there is a bell curve. You need to assess the right dose for you (I like 200-250 2x a day). After a couple weeks, the energy boost feeling subsides and then there isn't much "feel", but rather a sustained energy level throughout the day. It also helps your body adapt and combat stress as it is a powerful adaptogen. In turn, you get more out of sleep, fight cortisol, and don't get the lulls that many people do throughout the day.

I added it in about 8 years ago and I used to suffer from what I call "drag ass" because I was in a very hard training mode and I'd just drag ass all the time because my body always needed more rest no matter how much I gave it. Rhodiola was recommended by a guy I was training with and within 2-3 weeks, I found that I was getting more energy throughout the day and sleeping better. Then I realized I was able to deal with stress better and not get bogged down.

Hope that helps. It is a great supplement that I highly recommend.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
caffeine, potassium nitrate, creatine.....really tons of stuff out there

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Forskohlin 125 mg per day with Rhodiola or ginseng(s). PeptoPro/EAA combo is also the bomb for endurance.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cordyceps, American Ginseng and Rhodiola

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatinol-o-phosphate
Beta-Alanine
L-Citrulline
Caffeine

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This question seems to come up a lot lately now that rhodiola is gaining popularity. Initially the "feel" will be a boost of energy. If too much is consumed, then that can turn into real lethargy because there is a bell curve. You need to assess the right dose for you (I like 200-250 2x a day). After a couple weeks, the energy boost feeling subsides and then there isn't much "feel", but rather a sustained energy level throughout the day. It also helps your body adapt and combat stress as it is a powerful adaptogen. In turn, you get more out of sleep, fight cortisol, and don't get the lulls that many people do throughout the day.

I added it in about 8 years ago and I used to suffer from what I call "drag ass" because I was in a very hard training mode and I'd just drag ass all the time because my body always needed more rest no matter how much I gave it. Rhodiola was recommended by a guy I was training with and within 2-3 weeks, I found that I was getting more energy throughout the day and sleeping better. Then I realized I was able to deal with stress better and not get bogged down.

Hope that helps. It is a great supplement that I highly recommend.
Any particular brands you prefer?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine mono, HMB-FA, Arachidonic Acid, Betaine Anhydrous and 5th would have to be either beta alanine or COP.