Taurine anyone?

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Anyone take taurine? I've got a big bag of the stuff I got on a deal a while ago but have never been quite sure how best to utilise. Anyone seen results with it?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used it to combat the back pumps when I was on cycle. But that was extent of my usage of it.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I used it to combat the back pumps when I was on cycle. But that was extent of my usage of it.
X2 I take Taurine anytime I'm on Dbol or Adrol to prevent pumps. I also use it in clen and ephedra with plenty of water to stay hydrated.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Used it all the time years ago, pre-workout for energy....Also can help provide a bit of a pump. Five grams pre-workout, anymore than that and it can cause gastrointestinal distress. You can add it to pre-workouts or take it straight. Using it to combat "back pumps" is a fairly new idea. Never used it for that. It actually used to be pretty popular used pre-workout....

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After recently reading a few studies from Ergo log about its ability to raise testosterone etc, I decided to give it a try, most of the studies had been done on animals, so I am somewhat experimenting with it.

Dosage is at 6 grams per day,3g morning and 3g afternoon.
Two weeks in I have been noticing more energy. Need less sleep, Libido up.
An unexpected side effect is cognitive improvement. My anxiety issue is gone, which I often suffer from due to stressful situations arising from custody battle with daughter, work etc.
Not placebo, have tried many different supplements before. This supplement definatley has something going for it at higher dosages.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Interesting. I'm not on a cycle or anything, but I'll throw some in to my pre-workout and see how it goes. I've read some conflicting stuff about absorption competition with beta alanine, so not sure if that's anything to worry about, as I've seen it refuted as much as the opposite.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Taurine is great and was included in AMINO IV for good reason. Here are some citations from the writeup:

Rutherford, J. A., L. L. Spriet, and T. Stellingwerf. "The Effect of Acute Taurine Ingestion on Endurance Performance and Metabolism in Well-trained Cyclists." Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 20.4 (2010): 322-29. Print.

Liu, Z., B. Qi, M. Zhang, I. Izumi, S. Kagamimori, S. Sokejima, and T. Yamagami. "Role of Taurine Supplementation to Prevent Exercise-induced Oxidative Stress in Healthy Young Men." Amino Acids 26.2 (2004): 203-07. Print.

Balshaw, T. G., T. M. Bampouras, T. J. Barry, and S. A. Sparks. "The Effect of Acute Taurine Ingestion on 3-km Running Performance in Trained Middle-distance Runners."Amino Acids 44.2 (2013): 555-61. Print.

Dawson, Jr., R., M. Biasetti, S. Messina, and J. Dominy. "The Cytoprotective Role of Taurine in Exercise-induced Muscle Injury." Amino Acids 22.4 (2002): 309-24. Web.

Galloway, S. D. R., J. L. Talanian, A. K. Shoveller, G. J. F. Heigenhauser, and L. L. Spriet. "Seven Days of Oral Taurine Supplementation Does Not Increase Muscle Taurine Content or Alter Substrate Metabolism during Prolonged Exercise in Humans."Journal of Applied Physiology 105.2 (2008): 643-51. Print.

Goodman, C. A., D. Horvath, C. Stathis, T. Mori, K. Croft, R. M. Murphy, and A. Hayes. "Taurine Supplementation Increases Skeletal Muscle Force Production and Protects Muscle Function during and after High-frequency in Vitro Stimulation." Journal of Applied Physiology 107.1 (2009): 144-54. Print.
- See more at: http://pescience.com/amino-iv.html#sthash.r6upjIyJ.dpuf

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think taurine sort of faded out of preworkout use due to its dose size not working well with the trend towards small formula concentrates.

You've only got room for a couple of multi-gram ingredients in the typical concentrate, and beta alanine/creatine have far more study/evidence behind them than does taurine.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like Taurine pre-workout. Usually shoot for 1-2g. Betaine, L-Alanine, and Taurine are great in a pre-workout setting.

feather319

feather319

Awards
Taurine seems to take the anxiety away when I use it with a pre-workout that causes me jitters.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Been experimenting with small doses in the morning and evening and the anti-anxiety part really seems to be pronounced. Might have to be a staple for me given the simplicity and price. As Feather stated, it also takes the edge off stims nicely.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After recently reading a few studies from Ergo log about its ability to raise testosterone etc, I decided to give it a try, most of the studies had been done on animals, so I am somewhat experimenting with it.

Dosage is at 6 grams per day,3g morning and 3g afternoon.
Two weeks in I have been noticing more energy. Need less sleep, Libido up.
An unexpected side effect is cognitive improvement. My anxiety issue is gone, which I often suffer from due to stressful situations arising from custody battle with daughter, work etc.
Not placebo, have tried many different supplements before. This supplement definatley has something going for it at higher dosages.
That is exactly what the article wanted you to experience. Successful marketing on the Ergo site!

Is it as good as 500mg testosterone?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Why did this stuff fall out of favor?. I remember taking it before pre-workouts were even popular/around.
It came along after glutamine was fizzling out and was touted as its replacement. Since it doesn't really have dramatic impacts on workouts, I think we all kinda kicked it to the curb. These days, now that I know what stress is all about, I definitely appreciate it's calming properties moreso than the supposed fitness benefits.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive done around 4-6g
morning/afternoon with pre

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurine is a staple for me, I use 5-6g pre workout every day. Has some very very good benefits for the small price tag in bulk. No-brainer.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurine is a staple for me, I use 5-6g pre workout every day. Has some very very good benefits for the small price tag in bulk. No-brainer.
That's the key to its fairly cheap to buy in bulk and easy to dose.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why did this stuff fall out of favor?. I remember taking it before pre-workouts were even popular/around.
Ingredients come and go in the supplement industry - its humorous how certain ingredients are reintroduced as exciting and new.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ingredients come and go in the supplement industry - its humorous how certain ingredients are reintroduced as exciting and new.
This is always hilarious.

Especially when people tout things that have been around for decades as new.

Or when people claim they're the first company to sell something, when it's being sold by dozens of supplement companies already, just not your typical bodybuilding supplement companies.

Funny industry is funny.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I started using Taurine for back pumps as has been mentioned. But i currently use it to promote hydration. Mixing it with my pre workout blend.

I like the idea of it being included in an intra workout supplement as Coop has mentioned.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is exactly what the article wanted you to experience. Successful marketing on the Ergo site!

Is it as good as 500mg testosterone?
No.....its only taurine, unless marketed by Muscle Tec in which case it probably could...