How often should I have a shake? - AnabolicMinds.com

How often should I have a shake?

1. wyn

How often should I have a shake?

I've recently changed my workout program to a weight lifting workout in the mornings and a CV workout in the evenings, but my question is; would it be a waste of protein if I take a shake before and after my workout in the morning and then again before and after my workout in the evening (usually swimming) I take an 'all in one' (Maximiscle Cyclone) if that helps? I also have a healthy amount if protein in my diet.

Could I have some suggestions of the best times to consume my protein if the way I take it now is not very efficient to the workouts I do?

Thanks in advance

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

depends on how much you need to hit your macros, protein is powdered food, nothing more
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by wyn View Post
    I've recently changed my workout program to a weight lifting workout in the mornings and a CV workout in the evenings, but my question is; would it be a waste of protein if I take a shake before and after my workout in the morning and then again before and after my workout in the evening (usually swimming) I take an 'all in one' (Maximiscle Cyclone) if that helps? I also have a healthy amount if protein in my diet.

Could I have some suggestions of the best times to consume my protein if the way I take it now is not very efficient to the workouts I do?

Thanks in advance

Because this is the advanced discussion subforum, I will provide the answer with a mathematical formulation.

time of protein consumption = g(Tw / Pm1) x (1/2n x 3Tw) / (Mw - Ar)

Where g = gram of protein used, Tw = time of workout, n= number of total exercises, Mw= minutes of workout and Ar = average rest period between sets.

Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

well said^ well said
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Because this is the advanced discussion subforum, I will provide the answer with a mathematical formulation.

time of protein consumption = g(Tw / Pm1) x (1/2n x 3Tw) / (Mw - Ar)

Where g = gram of protein used, Tw = time of workout, n= number of total exercises, Mw= minutes of workout and Ar = average rest period between sets.

I may be incorrect but I think you Forgot to multiply the equation by 0.....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how often should we do abs??
    By at1010 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
  2. How often should I use lifting gear (Suits and shirts)
    By Caferacer in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
  3. How often should one trains arms?
    By AM07 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 09:07 PM
  4. How often should this tren combo be injected?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:46 PM
  5. how often should you switch up a routine?
    By logan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 09:06 AM