Purus Labs AminoD..

  1. New Member
    mad dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    45.78%

    Purus Labs AminoD..


    Replacement for protein?

  2. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Not a replacement for protein. But I like the EAA approach. Seems like they did their research
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. New Member
    mad dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    45.78%

    Comparable to the Amino IV Coop?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,678
    Rep Power
    2574221
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    7.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Just had a bottle of it delivered to my house. May have to put it to the (taste) test against AminoIV
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  5. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mad dog View Post
    Comparable to the Amino IV Coop?
    Different for sure. Amino IV seems to be dosed higher and has the added recovery blend. You could prob due Amino IV around your workouts and AminoD between meals
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. New Member
    mad dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    45.78%

    Thanks Coop I have several tubs of Amino IV so I will just roll with those.
  7. New Member
    amarula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    189921
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    77.78%

    Isn't this 2 aminos short for an EAA formula?

    Also, 30 servings but just 5.8g of aminos is a very underdosed option IMO
  8. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    18.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post
    Isn't this 2 aminos short for an EAA formula?

    Also, 30 servings but just 5.8g of aminos is a very underdosed option IMO
    I noticed this, as well. Nice product but it seems on the light side in terms of dosage.

    Monte
  9. New Member
    HITFrank's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    35226
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    4.67%

    a HumaPro wannabe?
  10. Professional Member
    GQNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    689987
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post
    Isn't this 2 aminos short for an EAA formula?
    Missing amino acid tryptophan i think

    Tryptophan is needed for the body to produce serotonin. Serotonin is used to make melatonin, a hormone that helps to control your sleep and wake cycles.

    so i believe they left that out on purpose
    S.n.S team member
  11. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    Missing amino acid tryptophan i think

    Tryptophan is needed for the body to produce serotonin. Serotonin is used to make melatonin, a hormone that helps to control your sleep and wake cycles.

    so i believe they left that out on purpose
    The research we used actually left out both L-Tryptophan and L-Tyrosine in their formulas. We believe they did so due to possible absorption of the BCAAs. As there is competition for the same receptor. They still showed the results we were looking for. The ratios are also done with research done showing a specific ratio specifically toward L-leucine. We did not just throw some bulk aminos in a bottle.

    We removed methionine as well due to some growing research with life extensionists with the amino acid. There was some recent intriguing research (though in rats) that showed removing methionine from the diet increased fat loss and helped with liver health.

    We also didn't use any dyes or coloring which is pretty cool as well and doesn't pad the servings with mass.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  12. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Oh and yes "replacement" for protein is referring to the research showing that EAAs will increase MPS more than whole protein. I would never say it replaces whole food overall though.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  13. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HITFrank View Post
    a HumaPro wannabe?
    Nope.

    Also as with all Purus products we have transparent labeling showing exactly how much you are getting.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18,806
    Rep Power
    3676306
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    2.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Just had a bottle of it delivered to my house. May have to put it to the (taste) test against AminoIV
    Well did you?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  15. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,678
    Rep Power
    2574221
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    7.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Well did you?
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  16. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    18.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    The research we used actually left out both L-Tryptophan and L-Tyrosine in their formulas. We believe they did so due to possible absorption of the BCAAs. As there is competition for the same receptor. They still showed the results we were looking for. The ratios are also done with research done showing a specific ratio specifically toward L-leucine. We did not just throw some bulk aminos in a bottle.

    We removed methionine as well due to some growing research with life extensionists with the amino acid. There was some recent intriguing research (though in rats) that showed removing methionine from the diet increased fat loss and helped with liver health.

    We also didn't use any dyes or coloring which is pretty cool as well and doesn't pad the servings with mass.
    Grambo, thanks for your comments. I plan to try this in the next month or so.

    Monte
  17. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Brogan View Post
    Grambo, thanks for your comments. I plan to try this in the next month or so.

    Monte
    No problem glad I could provide some insight. It's a solid formula and has a very nice taste. I noticed recovery dip after I ran out. Was interesting. EAAs have solid research in favor of them especially around workouts.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  18. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    18.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    No problem glad I could provide some insight. It's a solid formula and has a very nice taste. I noticed recovery dip after I ran out. Was interesting. EAAs have solid research in favor of them especially around workouts.
    I appreciate the thought that went into the formula. I've been reading about EAA benefits - very fascinating.
  19. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oh, this is new. I love purus products, taste and quality never disappoint.

    This will be my next amino product, and I haven't even seen the label, I don't need to, its from purus, so its gotta be good!
  20. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Oh, this is new. I love purus products, taste and quality never disappoint.

    This will be my next amino product, and I haven't even seen the label, I don't need to, its from purus, so its gotta be good!
    We've been putting the word out but we haven't done any big giveaways or logs yet since filling orders and getting production ramped up was first priority. Be on the look out soon though....
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  21. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

    We've been putting the word out but we haven't done any big giveaways or logs yet since filling orders and getting production ramped up was first priority. Be on the look out soon though....
    Nice!
  22. New Member
    Garyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    9546
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

    Isn't it a bit misleading to call Amino IV an EAA product when it's missing tryptophan? It even underlines how important it is to have "all" EAA's present in it's own ad copy for the product.

    i imagine this is just a cost-cutting move, as tryptophan doesn't make one sleepy when taken during the day.
  23. Senior Member
    NomZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,681
    Rep Power
    485358
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    48.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Isn't it a bit misleading to call Amino IV an EAA product when it's missing tryptophan? It even underlines how important it is to have "all" EAA's present in it's own ad copy for the product.

    i imagine this is just a cost-cutting move, as tryptophan doesn't make one sleepy when taken during the day.
    I believe this was coverd on the previous page...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  24. Elite Member
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6,391
    Rep Power
    6147599
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    2.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

    The research we used actually left out both L-Tryptophan and L-Tyrosine in their formulas. We believe they did so due to possible absorption of the BCAAs. As there is competition for the same receptor. They still showed the results we were looking for. The ratios are also done with research done showing a specific ratio specifically toward L-leucine. We did not just throw some bulk aminos in a bottle.

    We removed methionine as well due to some growing research with life extensionists with the amino acid. There was some recent intriguing research (though in rats) that showed removing methionine from the diet increased fat loss and helped with liver health.

    We also didn't use any dyes or coloring which is pretty cool as well and doesn't pad the servings with mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Isn't it a bit misleading to call Amino IV an EAA product when it's missing tryptophan? It even underlines how important it is to have "all" EAA's present in it's own ad copy for the product.

    i imagine this is just a cost-cutting move, as tryptophan doesn't make one sleepy when taken during the day.
    This
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  25. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,893
    Rep Power
    3590392
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    93.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    This
    That.

    Haven't had a chance to try OD out yet, simple to the point formula and like PES AminoIV backed by more recent studies... and have read from several about how great it tastes...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  26. New Member
    Garyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    9546
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    71.8%

    Fair enough. Thanks.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Welcome Purus Labs!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Purus Labs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 11:53 PM
  2. CYCLE : RESTORE (ALRI) + RECYCLE (PURUS LABS)
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 11:17 PM
  3. Purus Labs "Nasty Mass"
    By Stryfe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 02:29 AM
  4. halovar by purus labs? any word out?
    By AmeriBull55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in