Purus Labs AminoD..

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Not a replacement for protein. But I like the EAA approach. Seems like they did their research ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just had a bottle of it delivered to my house. May have to put it to the (taste) test against AminoIV :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Comparable to the Amino IV Coop?
Different for sure. Amino IV seems to be dosed higher and has the added recovery blend. You could prob due Amino IV around your workouts and AminoD between meals

mad dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Coop I have several tubs of Amino IV so I will just roll with those.

amarula

Awards
Isn't this 2 aminos short for an EAA formula?

Also, 30 servings but just 5.8g of aminos is a very underdosed option IMO

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established

Also, 30 servings but just 5.8g of aminos is a very underdosed option IMO
I noticed this, as well. Nice product but it seems on the light side in terms of dosage.

Monte

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Missing amino acid tryptophan i think

Tryptophan is needed for the body to produce serotonin. Serotonin is used to make melatonin, a hormone that helps to control your sleep and wake cycles.

so i believe they left that out on purpose

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Missing amino acid tryptophan i think

Tryptophan is needed for the body to produce serotonin. Serotonin is used to make melatonin, a hormone that helps to control your sleep and wake cycles.

so i believe they left that out on purpose
The research we used actually left out both L-Tryptophan and L-Tyrosine in their formulas. We believe they did so due to possible absorption of the BCAAs. As there is competition for the same receptor. They still showed the results we were looking for. The ratios are also done with research done showing a specific ratio specifically toward L-leucine. We did not just throw some bulk aminos in a bottle.

We removed methionine as well due to some growing research with life extensionists with the amino acid. There was some recent intriguing research (though in rats) that showed removing methionine from the diet increased fat loss and helped with liver health.

We also didn't use any dyes or coloring which is pretty cool as well and doesn't pad the servings with mass.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and yes "replacement" for protein is referring to the research showing that EAAs will increase MPS more than whole protein. I would never say it replaces whole food overall though.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
The research we used actually left out both L-Tryptophan and L-Tyrosine in their formulas. We believe they did so due to possible absorption of the BCAAs. As there is competition for the same receptor. They still showed the results we were looking for. The ratios are also done with research done showing a specific ratio specifically toward L-leucine. We did not just throw some bulk aminos in a bottle.

We removed methionine as well due to some growing research with life extensionists with the amino acid. There was some recent intriguing research (though in rats) that showed removing methionine from the diet increased fat loss and helped with liver health.

We also didn't use any dyes or coloring which is pretty cool as well and doesn't pad the servings with mass.
Grambo, thanks for your comments. I plan to try this in the next month or so.

Monte

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grambo, thanks for your comments. I plan to try this in the next month or so.

Monte
No problem glad I could provide some insight. It's a solid formula and has a very nice taste. I noticed recovery dip after I ran out. Was interesting. EAAs have solid research in favor of them especially around workouts.

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
No problem glad I could provide some insight. It's a solid formula and has a very nice taste. I noticed recovery dip after I ran out. Was interesting. EAAs have solid research in favor of them especially around workouts.
I appreciate the thought that went into the formula. I've been reading about EAA benefits - very fascinating.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, this is new. I love purus products, taste and quality never disappoint.

This will be my next amino product, and I haven't even seen the label, I don't need to, its from purus, so its gotta be good!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, this is new. I love purus products, taste and quality never disappoint.

This will be my next amino product, and I haven't even seen the label, I don't need to, its from purus, so its gotta be good!
We've been putting the word out but we haven't done any big giveaways or logs yet since filling orders and getting production ramped up was first priority. Be on the look out soon though....

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We've been putting the word out but we haven't done any big giveaways or logs yet since filling orders and getting production ramped up was first priority. Be on the look out soon though....
Nice!

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't it a bit misleading to call Amino IV an EAA product when it's missing tryptophan? It even underlines how important it is to have "all" EAA's present in it's own ad copy for the product.

i imagine this is just a cost-cutting move, as tryptophan doesn't make one sleepy when taken during the day.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't it a bit misleading to call Amino IV an EAA product when it's missing tryptophan? It even underlines how important it is to have "all" EAA's present in it's own ad copy for the product.

i imagine this is just a cost-cutting move, as tryptophan doesn't make one sleepy when taken during the day.
I believe this was coverd on the previous page...

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That.

Haven't had a chance to try OD out yet, simple to the point formula and like PES AminoIV backed by more recent studies... and have read from several about how great it tastes...