best preworkout mental focus wise

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I havent taken a pre workout in a couple years. I want to start taking one, I have enough energy, im just looking for a mental boost i guess. any good suggestions on a pre workout for this purpose.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
To clarify, you are looking specifically for a stimulant-free preworkout that helps with focus, a preworkout with stims geared towards focus, or either one is ok? Conquer is supposed to be good for focus and mind/muscle connection (I'll let you know when I try it ...if my order from October shows up...), and focus xt is supposed to be good as well. Both have stims, though.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you want a non stim product that works well for pumps I suggest you try hemavol or potassium nitrates (not really for focus). if stims are ok you might actually enjoy conquer as its fairly versatile with the dosing. 1-2 scoops depending on the amount of stims u want to have. good focus.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
if you want a non stim product that works well for pumps I suggest you try hemavol or potassium nitrates (not really for focus). if stims are ok you might actually enjoy conquer as its fairly versatile with the dosing. 1-2 scoops depending on the amount of stims u want to have. good focus.
I am really psyched for my conquer to show up. I am hearing great things.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Our preworkout is aptly named Focus XT, and is great for focus.

It's also available with and without caffeine if you're trying to go easy on the stims.

I'm a big fan of the Cotton Candy and Pink Lemonade flavors, lots of other people enjoy the Blue Raspberry.

It's also fully dosed with one scoop and at pretty rock bottom pricing. You can generally buy focus XT and a couple of other mix & matched bulk powders of your choosing to create a flexible customized preworkout at a price that beats many other products on the market.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Bronkaid and Caffeine

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Our preworkout is aptly named Focus XT, and is great for focus.

It's also available with and without caffeine if you're trying to go easy on the stims.

I'm a big fan of the Cotton Candy and Pink Lemonade flavors, lots of other people enjoy the Blue Raspberry.

It's also fully dosed with one scoop and at pretty rock bottom pricing. You can generally buy focus XT and a couple of other mix & matched bulk powders of your choosing to create a flexible customized preworkout at a price that beats many other products on the market.
Must say that one scoop of Caffeine Free Focus XT with a scoop of PNI Prodigy is easily the best combo of anything I have ever tried. Prodigy was damn good by itself but adding Focus xt just set it on another level. Whatever pre you settle on, I suggest adding caffeine free Focus Xt to it. It truly makes a difference

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is a recent review from the Product Review section for Fitmax! Definitely sounds like what your looking for!

this product delivers intense focus with workouts. no stim to think of that i saw or felt. when i got on an exercise i was all in the moment nothing short of an explosion could have distracted me. so if you are looking to keep on track of what you are doing use Fitmax it delivers

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies. been leaning toward focus xt. never been disappointed by sns. ill have to give it a shot

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT is hard to beat when that's your sole criteria. Very affordable as well.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
thanks for the replies. been leaning toward focus xt. never been disappointed by sns. ill have to give it a shot
Check out all the flavours too. I'm a huge Pina Colada and Pink lemonade fan

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
BIg fan of Conquer for the energy and focus.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I add caffeine free focus xt to every pre I take. I cycle Ans Performance Ritual, PES Enhanced, and PNI Prodigy. The additional focus is exceptional

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I add caffeine focus xt to every pre I take. I cycle Ans Performance Ritual, PES Enhanced, and PNI Prodigy. The additional focus is exceptional
FXT stacked with any of those would be awesome. I love Enhanced + FXT stacked. I hope PES make another pre that works so well with FXT.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine free FocusXT would be a great choice for a non-stim focus heavy pwo. If you want something with a mild stim effect (just a little caffeine) check out our Volatile and you can stack it with caffeine free FocusXT for the best in energy, enducrance, focus and pumps

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You won't be disappointed. My favorite flavor by far is pina colada.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alphamine I love using preworkout I usually dose it with my ALCAR. Works great on my cardio days for energy and drive. Also like people said Focus Xt is awesome big fan of their cotton candy. None stim wise look into Neogenix Bodyforge 2 it's a favorite of mine.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like everybody else already covered Focus XT for you :)

Joe_P

Awards
Enhanced was the best preworkout I ever used. I just picked up conquer until PES comes back with something and I have to say it is pretty good. Hard to give a good review after one workout. My biggest complaint is I have no idea how much of anything is in it. I don't like that and would probably keep me from buying it again.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Conquer is a good preworkout that provides focus. you should check it out

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I also like the focus xt cotton candy like you mentioned previously

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
err the side of caution
Yes lol. I do cycle it :D, so maybe I should have said, all day err day for 4 weeks then after a mandatory break, all day err day for another 4 weeks.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Definitely Focus XT is very good.

I really enjoyed the focus I got from Purus Labs Condense, it really surprised me how focused I was in the gym.

My vote over all would be, Volatile (low-medium stim pre workout, great pumps, and great product) mixed with Focus XT. you will get best of both worlds. Caffeine in moderate amounts also help with focus.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since there seems to be a few Focus XT experts in here, I was wondering if someone could answer a question I have with regard to its use. Most recommend that it be taken on an empty stomach. However, wouldn't that make the vinpocetine in it worthless since its absorption is very low on an empty stomach? If Focus XT is taken with food, then wouldn't that reduce the benefits of L-Tyrosine since it would be competing against other amino acids in your meal? I'm sure there's probably something I'm overlooking (or not familliar with), so any information would be appreciated.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
since this just got revived, thank everyone for the recommendations on focus xt im loving it! and to the post above, ive been taking it about 15-20 minutes after my preworkout meal (breakfast) right before i head to the gym. its been working for me

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those who havent tried Metabolic Bioshock yet, its not Craze like in focus but the energy is super clean and dialed in. Just finished my first tub and am absolutely going back for a second. All of those close to me Ive recommended it to have been pleased as well, which is rare with pres, people often have different experiences with them, feel they dont live up to the hype, etc.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things that got me "locked in" the most during my workouts were the late Enhanced and SpeedX3. Crazzzzzy laser focus with both of those.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Since there seems to be a few Focus XT experts in here, I was wondering if someone could answer a question I have with regard to its use. Most recommend that it be taken on an empty stomach. However, wouldn't that make the vinpocetine in it worthless since its absorption is very low on an empty stomach? If Focus XT is taken with food, then wouldn't that reduce the benefits of L-Tyrosine since it would be competing against other amino acids in your meal? I'm sure there's probably something I'm overlooking (or not familliar with), so any information would be appreciated.
I take it with food as its the alcar,choline and hup a that I really use it for.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take it with food as its the alcar,choline and hup a that I really use it for.
Just out of curiosity, would taking it with something like almond milk allow you to get the benefits of each ingredient since it provides calories and fat (to help with absorbing the vinpocetine) but very little protein (which reduces the potential for the L-tyrosine competing against other amino acids)?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Focus XT has always been my favorite. Nice energy of course from the 200mg of caffeine, but the acute (and more importantly, prolonged) effects on focus and mind-muscle connection are superb.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just out of curiosity, would taking it with something like almond milk allow you to get the benefits of each ingredient since it provides calories and fat (to help with absorbing the vinpocetine) but very little protein (which reduces the potential for the L-tyrosine competing against other amino acids)?
That option is viable for sure :D dose with b6 (p5p) or folic acid to enhance absorption.

I know there are multiple amino acid transporters but I am not versed enough on them to tell whether or not there is competition.

Curious though, if consuming something as a whole protein (i.e. a meal then consuming FXT) would impact L-Tyrosine absorption considering that is already in amino form whereas the protein would have to be cleaved before releasing amino acids into the blood stream and competing for absorption.

I.e. L-tyrosine would already be absorbed before the protein from the meal impacted absorption; or is my guess off base?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That option is viable for sure :D dose with b6 (p5p) or folic acid to enhance absorption.

I know there are multiple amino acid transporters but I am not versed enough on them to tell whether or not there is competition.

Curious though, if consuming something as a whole protein (i.e. a meal then consuming FXT) would impact L-Tyrosine absorption considering that is already in amino form whereas the protein would have to be cleaved before releasing amino acids into the blood stream and competing for absorption.

I.e. L-tyrosine would already be absorbed before the protein from the meal impacted absorption; or is my guess off base?
You make a very good point. Maybe that's the key to taking it such that all the ingrediants are utilized. As you mentioned, if it's taken immediately after a meal then that might be too soon to affect l-tyosine absorption but would also provide food to optimize vinpocetine absorption. That sounds like a good plan to me but my knowledge on the matter is insufficient to say whether that would really work or not.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You make a very good point. Maybe that's the key to taking it such that all the ingrediants are utilized. As you mentioned, if it's taken immediately after a meal then that might be too soon to affect l-tyosine absorption but would also provide food to optimize vinpocetine absorption. That sounds like a good plan to me but my knowledge on the matter is insufficient to say whether that would really work or not.
Likewise. This may be a question for Synapsin or @De_eb

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Likewise. This may be a question for Synapsin or De__eB

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
I posted in another thread how it didnt match up to focus XT formula wise.

Compare the two ingredient panels for yourself ;)
Rule #1, as a company rep never compare your product to another in a negative manner

You must be new at this?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Rule #1, as a company rep never compare your product to another in a negative manner

You must be new at this?
Oh corrected, yes they do