good OTC chill pill / relaxation?

T

thegameoflife

Awards
Any recommendations on a good OTC supplement to help with relaxation?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
How relaxed are you trying to go? are you going along the lines of a natural herbal sup or something a little more psychonaut

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible to feel "really good" on kratom and if so what's the dosage? Has sparked my curiosity lately.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out Phenibut. PEA is also good for a temporary high.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Is it possible to feel "really good" on kratom and if so what's the dosage? Has sparked my curiosity lately.
There are some that claim dependency issues with it I for one have never had a problem with it but I do not have an addictive personality. Tolerance builds really fast but if used sparingly yes one can feel "really good". Its not going to be on the same level as pharmaceuticals but it triggers a similar chemical response in the brain as opiates but in a much milder since its just a leaf that you make a tea out of.

C

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
A good strain works really well but be super cautious.

L-Theanine powder rocks!!

J

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I've been using SNS Phenibut for a bit now. I used 1 cap before my interview today since it relaxes me pretty nicely. I took 3 caps last Friday and partied since I don't drink anymore. It was pretty fun, extremely relaxed and social. Kind of a tipsy feeling with coherent thoughts and clear speaking. It's easy to get dependent on so I try to limit how much I take it. Once a week mostly, twice tops

C

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
I've been using SNS Phenibut for a bit now. I used 1 cap before my interview today since it relaxes me pretty nicely. I took 3 caps last Friday and partied since I don't drink anymore. It was pretty fun, extremely relaxed and social. Kind of a tipsy feeling with coherent thoughts and clear speaking. It's easy to get dependent on so I try to limit how much I take it. Once a week mostly, twice tops
Agreed. 2-3 times per week was my limits.

jcc80

jcc80

Awards
Kratom can be awesome. 2-3 grams of regular leaf (not extract!) works great.

Also real kava kava prepared the traditional way is nicely intoxicating. I use it during the week instead of drinking. Tastes like putrefied ass, though.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Kratom (HAS to be the right strain and good source. I have some if you want to PM) can provide great feelings. Can be a bit hard on the stomach and may constipate you. I highly suggest sticking to plain leaf, as you can get into issues with extracts and even with plain leaf for that matter. Tolerance can become an issue and withdrawal also an issue with longer term use. It would have to be used daily for weeks to get here though (and with a decent dosage at that).

Phenibut is another good one, but again, 2-3 times per week maximum. Tolerance here is even worse than Kratom and Withdrawal is MUCH worse and sets in 5-10x as quickly. Tread lightly.

My all natural blend (thinking about trying to get this produced one day. Had a custom run done for myself/friends/family, but the logistics of bringing it to market are hard considering the expense. It will increase well-being in a myriad of ways. I had different formulas split into a few different supplements intended for slightly different dosings and timings. Expense is a little high and I doubt it would ever sell.

Daily Dosing - Overall health/well-being/memory/vitality
Ashwaganda - Sensoril Brand
Bacopa - 50% Bacosides A/B
Panax Ginseng
Rhodiola

More acute dosing for sleep/anxiety
Relora
Humulus lupulus (hops)
Apigenin
5-HTP
Theanine
Magnesium L-Theonate

J

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Uhmm...it can be a pretty dangerous substance . I would not recommend
Where'd you get this from? If anything there's more danger of dependency from phenibut. In fact the phenibut dependency is factual whereas kratom isn't actually proven. Either way, moderation is key for either.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go with good old herb mj. Will relax you very nice if your anxious.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Where'd you get this from? If anything there's more danger of dependency from phenibut. In fact the phenibut dependency is factual whereas kratom isn't actually proven. Either way, moderation is key for either.
I agree Phenibut dependency is so very much worse. Kratom dependency does also exist though.

J

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree Phenibut dependency is so very much worse. Kratom dependency does also exist though.
I didn't think it was proven just hypothesized. I don't doubt it. I only tried it 2 times

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have got to be out of your mind :eek:
Besides dependency issues Kratom 8s some bad stuff. I doubt its goibg to be available much longer

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I didn't think it was proven just hypothesized. I don't doubt it. I only tried it 2 times
I can only speak for myself and a number of others I know, but I'd say it exists. Doesn't ***** some stronger things of that nature (Rx's and what not), but will give you cold sweats and make give you that lovely restless leg syndrome/fatigue/malaise. Of course that isn't a RCT, but if one was undertaken for a decent amount of time with a consistent dosage it would show it. That clearly won't be done though.

It does make a nice step-down from stronger things and can absolutely help people get off of more dangerous substances. In that respect I am a fan. If used responsibly it can be wonderful - as with everything.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
500mg L-Theanine during the day, 1000mg valarian root at night.

Mike

Reactions: mw1
haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Besides dependency issues Kratom 8s some bad stuff. I doubt its goibg to be available much longer
I can only speak from my experience. As a younger, more brazen, and idiotic person, I have had the displeasure of taking both (and much worse unfortunately), to the limit.

Phenibut withdrawal was worse than anything I have experience with any other substance. No sleep for nearly 7 days. Panic attacks. Anxiety. Major BP issues.

Kratom made me feel like **** for a week or two, but I'd take it any day or Phenibut.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Just cause phf is selling it doesn't make it ok- its dangerous stuff. I dont rec any taking it
You will note in my first post I advocated that if one were going to use, to only use the whole leaf. Extracts are where things go VERY wrong and I absolutely don't recommend their use. I believe they are dangerous.

I'd take whole leaf kratom over phenibut any day. That's my personal opinion after use of each.

My general recommendation would be to not use either though.

Reactions: mw1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No issues with phenibut here but picamilon works well as well.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Since kratom gets your dopamine going there are going to be some dependency issues in people who are predisposed to being an addict but much like pot the amount that you would need to take for it to become dangerous is off the charts. Extracts are the same way. But since your body builds up its tolerance levels so quickly if you do become a daily user you are only taking it to take it, you dont get the "high" from it. And as far as withdrawals from kratom much like cigs after the first couple of days its all in your head I have never seen or heard about anyone having opiate like withdrawal sickness from it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
give lights out a look...should help with relaxation and with the 5htp should put you in a calm and happy mood

also no dependency

jcc80

jcc80

Awards
I gotta mention this again... Good quality kava, in the right dose, feels like alcohol without the mental impairment or hangover.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I gotta mention this again... Good quality kava, in the right dose, feels like alcohol without the mental impairment or hangover.
I do enjoy Kava, but you are spot on about the exact right strain and the right dose. It is difficult.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since kratom gets your dopamine going there are going to be some dependency issues in people who are predisposed to being an addict but much like pot the amount that you would need to take for it to become dangerous is off the charts. Extracts are the same way. But since your body builds up its tolerance levels so quickly if you do become a daily user you are only taking it to take it, you dont get the "high" from it. And as far as withdrawals from kratom much like cigs after the first couple of days its all in your head I have never seen or heard about anyone having opiate like withdrawal sickness from it.
You haven't looked into it very hard then. The ER visits from Kratom have risen dramatically with the method of treatment being the exact same as for opiate withdrawals.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MRM Relax-All is good, Phenibut is good although can be habit forming. I really like Relora, the new Nimbus line uses it in a couple of their formulas.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You haven't looked into it very hard then. The ER visits from Kratom have risen dramatically with the method of treatment being the exact same as for opiate withdrawals.
Method of treatment yes because they both go after dopamine but the severity is much less. I'm not saying it is harmless because at the end if the day it is a drug and any drug has the risk of abuse but kratom can provide a relaxation element when needed with about the same negative effects as its cousin the coffee plant. PS sorry if there are spelling errors this is coming from my phone

T

thegameoflife

Awards
I do enjoy Kava, but you are spot on about the exact right strain and the right dose. It is difficult.
There is a Kava bar in town that I've wanted to hit.
Might swing by this weekend.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No doubt. Kratom is very dangerous on both a dependency and health level. I have spent a lot of time in SE Asia where Kratom is used heavily. These guys are not looking so well and are easy to spot due teeth issues and discoloring of skin and eyes. May cause liver toxicity and blood sugar issues also.

Kratom is a mu receptor drug and contains a morphine akaloid that is stronger than morphine. This is why opiate addicts use it and it is used to curb withdrawals during periods of cessation.

Kratom is a bad recommendation, particularly if you have a propensity for addiction. Better off on the natural non synthetic prescribed opiates and save your teeth, liver and skin.

i always thought it pretty sad these desperate opiate addicts in SE Asia had to resort to such a dirty substance because they were poor.

-----
Mitragynine, the major alkaloid identified from Kratom, has been reported as a partial opioid agonist producing similar effects to morphine. An interesting minor alkaloid of Kratom, 7-hydroxymitragynine, has been reported to be more potent than morphine. Both Kratom alkaloids are reported to activate supraspinal mu- and delta- opioid receptors, explaining their use by chronic narcotics users to ameliorate opioid withdrawal symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18259963/

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all for the advice and input. Much appreciated.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am curious if anyone complaining about withdrawal effects from Phenibut were taking larger than recommended doses. I spoke to a very knowledgeable doctor regarding phenibut and rebound hypertension at 500 mg to 1,500 mgs seems doubtful. Phenibut in the recommended dosage range should have very little impact on bp. My guess is someone having 7 days of withdrawal and severe rebound hypertension where taking some pretty hefty doses. I have read reports of people using as high as 12 grams at a single usage. The problem with phenibut again is that people with propensities to abuse drugs or alcohol should shy away from because those are the type that may start taking this daily at levels that could potentially result in withdrawal or rebound hypertension.

jcc80

jcc80

Awards
Okay, a fantastic combo that I used last night was 4 tablespoons of a high quality Fiji kava powder extracted into water with coconut oil. And I took a half teaspoon of phenibut. Excellent. Could not be bothered by anything.

I DO have addictive tendencies. I'm fortunate, though, that I don't get physical withdrawal symptoms from anything. Your mileage may vary.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Tried phenibut yesterday and it was very calming.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I am curious if anyone complaining about withdrawal effects from Phenibut were taking larger than recommended doses. I spoke to a very knowledgeable doctor regarding phenibut and rebound hypertension at 500 mg to 1,500 mgs seems doubtful. Phenibut in the recommended dosage range should have very little impact on bp. My guess is someone having 7 days of withdrawal and severe rebound hypertension where taking some pretty hefty doses. I have read reports of people using as high as 12 grams at a single usage. The problem with phenibut again is that people with propensities to abuse drugs or alcohol should shy away from because those are the type that may start taking this daily at levels that could potentially result in withdrawal or rebound hypertension.
I have seen others with rebound hyptertenison for 1,000-1500mg doses.