good OTC chill pill / relaxation?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. give lights out a look...should help with relaxation and with the 5htp should put you in a calm and happy mood

also no dependency
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt

2. I gotta mention this again... Good quality kava, in the right dose, feels like alcohol without the mental impairment or hangover.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jcc80 View Post
    I gotta mention this again... Good quality kava, in the right dose, feels like alcohol without the mental impairment or hangover.
    I do enjoy Kava, but you are spot on about the exact right strain and the right dose. It is difficult.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Doctor of Physical Therapy

4. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Since kratom gets your dopamine going there are going to be some dependency issues in people who are predisposed to being an addict but much like pot the amount that you would need to take for it to become dangerous is off the charts. Extracts are the same way. But since your body builds up its tolerance levels so quickly if you do become a daily user you are only taking it to take it, you dont get the "high" from it. And as far as withdrawals from kratom much like cigs after the first couple of days its all in your head I have never seen or heard about anyone having opiate like withdrawal sickness from it.
    You haven't looked into it very hard then. The ER visits from Kratom have risen dramatically with the method of treatment being the exact same as for opiate withdrawals.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

5. MRM Relax-All is good, Phenibut is good although can be habit forming. I really like Relora, the new Nimbus line uses it in a couple of their formulas.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

You haven't looked into it very hard then. The ER visits from Kratom have risen dramatically with the method of treatment being the exact same as for opiate withdrawals.
    Method of treatment yes because they both go after dopamine but the severity is much less. I'm not saying it is harmless because at the end if the day it is a drug and any drug has the risk of abuse but kratom can provide a relaxation element when needed with about the same negative effects as its cousin the coffee plant. PS sorry if there are spelling errors this is coming from my phone
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    I do enjoy Kava, but you are spot on about the exact right strain and the right dose. It is difficult.
    There is a Kava bar in town that I've wanted to hit.
    Might swing by this weekend.

8. Quote Originally Posted by thegameoflife View Post
    There is a Kava bar in town that I've wanted to hit.
    Might swing by this weekend.
    Careful, the taste will put some hair on your nads!

9. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    You have got to be out of your mind
    Besides dependency issues Kratom 8s some bad stuff. I doubt its goibg to be available much longer
    No doubt. Kratom is very dangerous on both a dependency and health level. I have spent a lot of time in SE Asia where Kratom is used heavily. These guys are not looking so well and are easy to spot due teeth issues and discoloring of skin and eyes. May cause liver toxicity and blood sugar issues also.

Kratom is a mu receptor drug and contains a morphine akaloid that is stronger than morphine. This is why opiate addicts use it and it is used to curb withdrawals during periods of cessation.

Kratom is a bad recommendation, particularly if you have a propensity for addiction. Better off on the natural non synthetic prescribed opiates and save your teeth, liver and skin.

i always thought it pretty sad these desperate opiate addicts in SE Asia had to resort to such a dirty substance because they were poor.

-----
    Mitragynine, the major alkaloid identified from Kratom, has been reported as a partial opioid agonist producing similar effects to morphine. An interesting minor alkaloid of Kratom, 7-hydroxymitragynine, has been reported to be more potent than morphine. Both Kratom alkaloids are reported to activate supraspinal mu- and delta- opioid receptors, explaining their use by chronic narcotics users to ameliorate opioid withdrawal symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18259963/

10. I say go green
    The Swole Stoner

11. Thanks to all for the advice and input. Much appreciated.

12. I am curious if anyone complaining about withdrawal effects from Phenibut were taking larger than recommended doses. I spoke to a very knowledgeable doctor regarding phenibut and rebound hypertension at 500 mg to 1,500 mgs seems doubtful. Phenibut in the recommended dosage range should have very little impact on bp. My guess is someone having 7 days of withdrawal and severe rebound hypertension where taking some pretty hefty doses. I have read reports of people using as high as 12 grams at a single usage. The problem with phenibut again is that people with propensities to abuse drugs or alcohol should shy away from because those are the type that may start taking this daily at levels that could potentially result in withdrawal or rebound hypertension.

13. Okay, a fantastic combo that I used last night was 4 tablespoons of a high quality Fiji kava powder extracted into water with coconut oil. And I took a half teaspoon of phenibut. Excellent. Could not be bothered by anything.

I DO have addictive tendencies. I'm fortunate, though, that I don't get physical withdrawal symptoms from anything. Your mileage may vary.

14. Diphenhydramine (active ingredient in Benadryl)

Very cheap and works. Just get the knock-off brand stuff. Non-habit forming, and good to have on hand when you're sick.

Can't remember if I've taken Phenibut, but I probably have. I tend to have an addictive personality so I'd be leery to try again.

15. Picamillon works great for me : )

16. Tried phenibut yesterday and it was very calming.
    SNS REP

17. Quote Originally Posted by thegameoflife View Post
    Any recommendations on a good OTC supplement to help with relaxation?
    I like ALRI Comatose before bed it will knock you out

18. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Tried phenibut yesterday and it was very calming.
    Where can you buy it anymore?,

19. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

SNS sells it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

20. Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    I am curious if anyone complaining about withdrawal effects from Phenibut were taking larger than recommended doses. I spoke to a very knowledgeable doctor regarding phenibut and rebound hypertension at 500 mg to 1,500 mgs seems doubtful. Phenibut in the recommended dosage range should have very little impact on bp. My guess is someone having 7 days of withdrawal and severe rebound hypertension where taking some pretty hefty doses. I have read reports of people using as high as 12 grams at a single usage. The problem with phenibut again is that people with propensities to abuse drugs or alcohol should shy away from because those are the type that may start taking this daily at levels that could potentially result in withdrawal or rebound hypertension.
    I have seen others with rebound hyptertenison for 1,000-1500mg doses.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Doctor of Physical Therapy

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

SNS sells it
    No you don't.... At least wait...YOU DO WUT

22. Quote Originally Posted by thegameoflife View Post
    Phenibut xt

Also great at preventing hangovers.

Not as good as weed, but if your moderate with your alcohol usage, no problems the next day.

23. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

The xt is what I used with zero negative sides
    SNS REP

24. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

No you don't.... At least wait...YOU DO WUT
    Phenibut XT
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

25. You know what... for me, and many others, the problem is not necessarily dependence or addiction, it's permanent tolerance. My first several times with phenibut were absolute magic, but that faded over time. And it does not come back with time. I hadn't taken phenibut in several years, then I got some recently. It's okay, just not what it used to be. Many people on other forums have reported this as well

26. Quote Originally Posted by jcc80 View Post
    You know what... for me, and many others, the problem is not necessarily dependence or addiction, it's permanent tolerance. My first several times with phenibut were absolute magic, but that faded over time. And it does not come back with time. I hadn't taken phenibut in several years, then I got some recently. It's okay, just not what it used to be. Many people on other forums have reported this as well
    Must be y'all, cause it works great for me every time!

27. Did you abuse it an any point? I sure as hell did. But I stayed off of it for a good 5 years, but the magic was still gone

28. Quote Originally Posted by jcc80 View Post
    Did you abuse it an any point? I sure as hell did. But I stayed off of it for a good 5 years, but the magic was still gone
    Na, most I've taken is 2 or 3 grams (i think, can't really remember, lol)

But usually only take 500mg-1g once every other weekend

29. Quote Originally Posted by thegameoflife View Post
    There are quite a few for sure I think 5-HTP could be a good start though it doesn't work for everyone and I think one of the best anxiolytics out there is phenibut, tastes terrible so you will probably need to get capsules and take at least 1.5g of it to get an effect but it is very good for relaxation.
    Gain Strength. Add Lean Mass. Recover Faster. : ERGONINE

30. Clean out those receptors!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. good otc test booster to use with epi and cycle help
    By salvalaggio in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 02:33 PM
  2. What would be a good OTC PCT?
    By Easttex3 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM