chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off- we all sAw this coming

Second- I love USPlabs and have used their products for plus or minus 8 years now.

Third- the recall email states that we should be discontinuing use of the 3 products in question immediately, and then discarding them.

My issue with that... and i know there are other who are as OCD than me and definitely worse....
WTF am I supposed to take tomorrow, etc if my goals were fat loss Etc.. It's like someone stole my fat burner and now im screwed with nothing to use.

More importantly though- what do I do with the tubs of OEP powder, bottles of OEP caps, and versa 1 that I have sitting in my closet? These were investments at a time when I had disposable income. Now they're rendered unusable? The only way to reconcile this is a buy back or exchange program for other, unaffected USPlabs products. With return shipping covered.

I'm SO sorry to my friends at USPlabs whom have done nothing but help me achieve goals, learn, Etc over the years. But this had to be mentioned. I work hard for my money (like most everyone else here) and I cAnt have it be literally thrown into the garbage.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
First off- we all sAw this coming

Second- I love USPlabs and have used their products for plus or minus 8 years now.

Third- the recall email states that we should be discontinuing use of the 3 products in question immediately, and then discarding them.

My issue with that... and i know there are other who are as OCD than me and definitely worse....
WTF am I supposed to take tomorrow, etc if my goals were fat loss Etc.. It's like someone stole my fat burner and now im screwed with nothing to use.

More importantly though- what do I do with the tubs of OEP powder, bottles of OEP caps, and versa 1 that I have sitting in my closet? These were investments at a time when I had disposable income. Now they're rendered unusable? The only way to reconcile this is a buy back or exchange program for other, unaffected USPlabs products. With return shipping covered.

I'm SO sorry to my friends at USPlabs whom have done nothing but help me achieve goals, learn, Etc over the years. But this had to be mentioned. I work hard for my money (like most everyone else here) and I cAnt have it be literally thrown into the garbage.
In for their statement and directions to be reimbursed. Used my OEP powder up but have some Versa-1 still

A

alfredm005

Awards
yeah i thought the same thing. the title on the email says its a recall, but then it says to just dump the product. maybe its just me, but i always thought a recall meant to send the product back and receive refund. i have a couple versas and oxy powder, like you, i hate to just dump my money in the garbage

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure. That's a good though and hopefully the retailers will do their part within reason of course on their behalf. But then it comes down to also if someone traded for it or bought it on here from Another user... Then the cash flow is untraceable and u can't do anything about it...

I had elevated liver enzymes on my last blood work while on week 6 of versa....

I'm on versa AND OEP powder now... Idk if I even wanna see blood results right now ... Not to mention I have no funds to go out and buy another fat burner and I'm making great progress toward my goals.. This is just a huge wrench!

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
You should be able to return to retailer for a refund
i bought a 180 ct ultra intense advanced formula from the three letter store website. with an e-coupon it only came out to 55$ in total for 180, a pretty damn good deal so i jumped on it not needing it at the time. i lost the receipt and they wont take it back even though they can look it up under my gold card because its past 30 days. ive spoken to the manager at one store and am going to try another, then call their customer service.

im sure lots of us have stash we have been saving for a while with no receipt and if usp labs did decide to do something to help us out that would be awesome as we might be screwed otherwise. as a side note ive used a tub of the powder, at least 5 or 6 weeks of 21 count samples of the purple cap, a tub and a half of enhanced and 6 versa 1 and i feel perfectly fine, but im geting bloods done to be sure. should be by next week i would imagine.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i bought a 180 ct ultra intense advanced formula from the three letter store website. with an e-coupon it only came out to 55$ in total for 180, a pretty damn good deal so i jumped on it not needing it at the time. i lost the receipt and they wont take it back even though they can look it up under my gold card because its past 30 days. ive spoken to the manager at one store and am going to try another, then call their customer service.

im sure lots of us have stash we have been saving for a while with no receipt and if usp labs did decide to do something to help us out that would be awesome as we might be screwed otherwise. as a side note ive used a tub of the powder, at least 5 or 6 weeks of 21 count samples of the purple cap, a tub and a half of enhanced and 6 versa 1 and i feel perfectly fine, but im geting bloods done to be sure. should be by next week i would imagine.
Yea.. I kinda poo-poo'ed this until the email... Clearly this isn't just some isolated incident or could potentially become much more wide spread. I'm gonna pop in to my dr tomorrow I think. I probably owe him money tho...maybe I could sell my OEP powder to foot the co pay

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Are there any lessons learned here??? Why not let others be guinea pigs ? Is it really worth that bogo deal?? I think maybe its worth waiting 6 to 12 months just in case theirs a problem. Or maybe beta test for 6 month or longer. Hmmmm.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
First off- we all sAw this coming Second- I love USPlabs and have used their products for plus or minus 8 years now. Third- the recall email states that we should be discontinuing use of the 3 products in question immediately, and then discarding them. My issue with that... and i know there are other who are as OCD than me and definitely worse.... WTF am I supposed to take tomorrow, etc if my goals were fat loss Etc.. It's like someone stole my fat burner and now im screwed with nothing to use. More importantly though- what do I do with the tubs of OEP powder, bottles of OEP caps, and versa 1 that I have sitting in my closet? These were investments at a time when I had disposable income. Now they're rendered unusable? The only way to reconcile this is a buy back or exchange program for other, unaffected USPlabs products. With return shipping covered. I'm SO sorry to my friends at USPlabs whom have done nothing but help me achieve goals, learn, Etc over the years. But this had to be mentioned. I work hard for my money (like most everyone else here) and I cAnt have it be literally thrown into the garbage.
That's tough brother i know how you feel especially when it comes to budgeting supplements. I just bought 2 tubs of pes enhanced the other day and it looks like I'm going to have to get rid of them too with this whole aegeline scare going on. Unfortunately that's the industry and to me it doesn't sound like usp is going to offer any sort of refund for a product that their saying to just "dispose of", how else would you get your refund then? We'll see just how stand up they really are, personally I'm not fond of them but that's just me. Good luck to you man I hope something works out in your favor.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Considering OEP probably contributes 1% to your fat loss, I think you will survive...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would think they would at least have some type of credit they could offer. Once again though Aegeline was never confirmed to be the cause of the hepatitis. It is being recalled because it doesn't comply with DSHEA, NOT because of the liver issues. And again the cause of the liver issues was never proven to be from Aegeline.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would think they would at least have some type of credit they could offer. Once again though Aegeline was never confirmed to be the cause of the hepatitis. It is being recalled because it doesn't comply with DSHEA, NOT because of the liver issues. And again the cause of the liver issues was never proven to be from Aegeline.
True- however, The way the email was written based the recall solely on liver issues. There was no mention of DSHEA at all

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True- however, The way the email was written based the recall solely on liver issues. There was no mention of DSHEA at all

Recall was a long time coming. There is an old thread on this, I've been following the story since it was first reported in mid-October. What's happening with Aegeline is the same thing that happened with DMAA.

Investigations are ongoing into a potential causal relationship. The company agrees with FDA that a national recall is appropriate as a precautionary measure. We are initiating this recall as a potential
Class I.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recall was a long time coming. There is an old thread on this, I've been following the story since it was first reported in mid-October. What's happening with Aegeline is the same thing that happened with DMAA.
Yea. I never stopped using dmaa either lol. Oh well! I was mostly concerned about all the excess product myself and others have and my be fearful of using! Not trying to start another bashing thread that's for sure

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll pay for shipping and you can send them to me lol ill just take some milk thistle so I don't get liver damage from a protein. Unbelievable

J

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Versa-1 isn't recalled or subject to a refund. I e-mailed them yesterday

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I don't want a refund or new products... I want the smoke to clear and for us to get the green light to use these products like we ultimately did with DMAA... That's what I'm hoping happens here. I believe the cases in Hawaii were counterfeits or some anomaly of SOME kind.

J

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I don't want a refund or new products... I want the smoke to clear and for us to get the green light to use these products like we ultimately did with DMAA... That's what I'm hoping happens here. I believe the cases in Hawaii were counterfeits or some anomaly of SOME kind.
It happened in other countries and states too. It's amazing how people are making up excuses with little to no knowledge, just blindly supporting USP. What is known is that the cases haven't been isolated to Hawaii.

It appears that Aegeline isn't the problem, that was just a guess by the media.

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
100% agreed....i just wanna use my stuff if its deemed safe. I also am thinking counterfeits or something fishy going on.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
It happened in other countries and states too. It's amazing how people are making up excuses with little to no knowledge, just blindly supporting USP. What is known is that the cases haven't been isolated to Hawaii. It appears that Aegeline isn't the problem, that was just a guess by the media.
I'll just never understand why some people are so reluctant to give up their supps, especially in a case like this. I can understand if it was an isolated incident but the fact that it is happening outside of Hawaii too has me worried.

And this isn't the first time USP has come under fire for some of their products either. Now granted they weren't nearly as serious this but still people continue to act shocked and blame anything and everything but the product itself simply because they feel it's working for them and don't want to give it up. I guess we'll see when the facts come in.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I'm reluctant to give them up because I finally used them in the right combination to hit an all time PR in the bench press at IPA NATIONALS Sunday! I took USPLABS SUPPS in stacks I created since January and smashed a record bench I have been trying to hit for the last two years. I'm the strongest I've ever been. Yes, I support them wholeheartedly but I don't vouch for anyone else.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I'm reluctant to give them up because I finally used them in the right combination to hit an all time PR in the bench press at IPA NATIONALS Sunday! I took USPLABS SUPPS in stacks I created since January and smashed a record bench I have been trying to hit for the last two years. I'm the strongest I've ever been. Yes, I support them wholeheartedly but I don't vouch for anyone else.
You hit the PR my friend not the supps : ) haha what we're your numbers if you don't mind sharing ??

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll just never understand why some people are so reluctant to give up their supps, especially in a case like this. I can understand if it was an isolated incident but the fact that it is happening outside of Hawaii too has me worried.

And this isn't the first time USP has come under fire for some of their products either. Now granted they weren't nearly as serious this but still people continue to act shocked and blame anything and everything but the product itself simply because they feel it's working for them and don't want to give it up. I guess we'll see when the facts come in.
The thing to remember is even effective supplements are a small part of your success and that is coming from a guy who reps for a supplement company. People lost fat before fat burners. People had great workouts before pre-workouts. People got stronger without protein powders. None of that stuff is worth risking long term health for anyways.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
The thing to remember is even effective supplements are a small part of your success and that is coming from a guy who reps for a supplement company. People lost fat before fat burners. People had great workouts before pre-workouts. People got stronger without protein powders. None of that stuff is worth risking long term health for anyways.
Well said, Geo. Being out money is one thing and hopefully that is remedied. Having to achieve your fitness goals without these certain supps should not be an issue at all.

X

xhrr

Awards
JFC some of you are way too reliant on supplements, it's almost comical in a sad way.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I'd say take a break from them. Pick up some alphamine and run that for 2 months. Stack it with forskolin and you're golden. I never trusted USP much. I only got their protein and sure it was delicious, but I wasn't blown away.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
JFC some of you are way too reliant on supplements, it's almost comical in a sad way.
I know right? Stop wasting money on trying to fix your diet with pills. Agmatine amongst othera is a staple of mine but I can very easily go back to just creatine,fish oil and caffeine pills. *protien powder is food not a supplement*

I however have the extra to spend so no biggy.

What if I told you I got to 7% with just creatine ? Mind blowing eh?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see a lot of whining going on in this thread. If they'll accept the product back then that's fantastic just return it and move on. Those of you that are saying you can't do this or that without the supps have a problem and put far too much emphasis on supplements.

Supplements, good supplements are 5% of the puzzle at best. It's completely ridiculous to think that any sort of progress you're currently experiencing is going to be halted. What's worse is that you have a product with KNOWN and CONFIRMED issues resulting in liver damage and death and you're saying you're going to wait until the smoke clears to see if it's safe to continue consumption. Seriously?! That is astronomically idiotic.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see a lot of whining going on in this thread. If they'll accept the product back then that's fantastic just return it and move on. Those of you that are saying you can't do this or that without the supps have a problem and put far too much emphasis on supplements.

Supplements, good supplements are 5% of the puzzle at best. It's completely ridiculous to think that any sort of progress you're currently experiencing is going to be halted. What's worse is that you have a product with KNOWN and CONFIRMED issues resulting in liver damage and death and you're saying you're going to wait until the smoke clears to see if it's safe to continue consumption. Seriously?! That is astronomically idiotic.
Reminds me of gaspari spiking myofusion with superdrol and bold*which was banned btw* back in 2010. Be careful people

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Reminds me of gaspari spiking myofusion with superdrol and bold*which was banned btw* back in 2010. Be careful people
I might be too young to remember this, but THIS HAPPENED?!

Weren't people seeing gyno/baldness or any other bad symptoms after prolonged use?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might be too young to remember this, but THIS HAPPENED?!

Weren't people seeing gyno/baldness or any other bad symptoms after prolonged use?
2 dropped dead. One was elderly and 1 was a 16 year old female track star. Girl had underlying heart conditions and the elderly man was 87. High blood pressure caused a heart attack. His doctor suggested he get some protein powder and use it every day.

These 2 were also taking other supplements so richard gaspari got off scot free. Needless to say I believe he learned his lesson. Thankful that I started using myofusion after 2010. The og vanilla was bad ass. But the new probiotic series taste like ****.

I try not to use his stuff anymore.

I loved jack3d but ....the rest of the line was crap when I tried it. Pink magic was a bust for me. prime aswell. Og oxy was okay I guess.

Lesson? Wait a while after something comes out.

Im just glad I can trust androfactory enough to rep them. Sustain-X will be epic. *like pps sustain but oral.*

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
This

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahh, all the holier than thou preaching against supplements on a supplement driven and sponsored forum. Gotta love the irony there. Why don't you all shut down and stop stealing our money if they are SO ineffective. Damn. Sure, I remember a time when I went from 190 with 20% bf to 155 with 5% and NO supps. I kept a food log book and weighed and measured everything I put in my body. It sucked. I'm not 5% but I'm not a slave to a food log and measuring devices anymore. Ill take my supps over that lifestyle. Supps aren't needed. But I like them. They help quell my OCD with my weight and body image issues stemming from years of torture as a fat kid. Some sht stays with you no matter what. So when someone comes and takes something that keeps me sane.... I speak up. What I would give to know what it's like to naturally have a 6 pack regardless of diet or pick up a DB and have 17 inch arms.. Or maybe I should just take the real stuff and stop wasting my money? Lol.

A

alfredm005

Awards
Personally im not upset that i cant use the product. Whats kindve messed up is they basically said we messed up, sold you some stuff thats possibly dangerous, now we're gonna be a stand up company and let you know that you should dispose the product immediately....oh, and dont worry about your money, its getting put to good use in putting our kids through college. well to be fair, they didnt mention our money...but by not mentioning it, the implication is there.

I can afford the loss, but its the principle. PES actually offered a refund, thats what stand up companies do

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
2 dropped dead. One was elderly and 1 was a 16 year old female track star. Girl had underlying heart conditions and the elderly man was 87. High blood pressure caused a heart attack. His doctor suggested he get some protein powder and use it every day.

These 2 were also taking other supplements so richard gaspari got off scot free. Needless to say I believe he learned his lesson. Thankful that I started using myofusion after 2010. The og vanilla was bad ass. But the new probiotic series taste like ****.

I try not to use his stuff anymore.

I loved jack3d but ....the rest of the line was crap when I tried it. Pink magic was a bust for me. prime aswell. Og oxy was okay I guess.

Lesson? Wait a while after something comes out.

Im just glad I can trust androfactory enough to rep them. Sustain-X will be epic. *like pps sustain but oral.*
Completely agreed. I used their protein and bcaa, but found didn't really find it to work. I heard mixed reviews about Prime so decided against it.

Do we know if the aegeline has just affected USP products or also PES Enhanced as well. I bought a tub a of Enhanced about a month back (before the recall) but only used a scoop here and there. I didn't really find it to be effective. Straight caffeine with agmatine is much better anyways.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Completely agreed. I used their protein and bcaa, but found didn't really find it to work. I heard mixed reviews about Prime so decided against it.

Do we know if the aegeline has just affected USP products or also PES Enhanced as well. I bought a tub a of Enhanced about a month back (before the recall) but only used a scoop here and there. I didn't really find it to be effective. Straight caffeine with agmatine is much better anyways.
I use enhanced currently and get bloodwork done every 2 weeks. My liver is fine. Im not sure aegeline is the culprit.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Completely agreed. I used their protein and bcaa, but found didn't really find it to work. I heard mixed reviews about Prime so decided against it.Do we know if the aegeline has just affected USP products or also PES Enhanced as well. I bought a tub a of Enhanced about a month back (before the recall) but only used a scoop here and there. I didn't really find it to be effective. Straight caffeine with agmatine is much better anyways.
You didn't find their protein and aminos "to work"? What does that mean ? What were you expecting from protein powder and bcaas?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
You didn't find their protein and aminos "to work"? What does that mean ? What were you expecting from protein powder and bcaas?
Lets face it...cla was added as more of a fat source than anything else. Make it taste better. Research shows cla works almost exclusively in the morbidly obese.

Protein is protein.

Brilliant marketing. The bcaas tasted chalky but good flavors. I haven't tried tge protien because first off its in 2lb. Second..no reason to try.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like the only usp product I will be using is Prime