Protein

oasis3266

Awards
Whats the best protein on the market at the minute with minimum carbs?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lots of options, looking for a blend or an Isolate?

Look into USP OxyElite protein

oasis3266

Awards
Blend , ive been using phd parma whey but i wanna reduce the carbs for a leaner gain

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Check out iForce 100% Whey Protean or look into Isotean.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES is about to drop a protein blend...otherwise, I'm a huge fan of Giant Sports protein, Usp oxy protein, Dymatize fusion 7 or eliteXT, Ansi flurry....After trying all these, I've been unable to go back to just straight whey...spoiled by the taste and thickness...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES is about to drop a protein blend...otherwise, I'm a huge fan of Giant Sports protein, Usp oxy protein, Dymatize fusion 7 or eliteXT, Ansi flurry....After trying all these, I've been unable to go back to just straight whey...spoiled by the taste and thickness...
That we are! :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Giant Sports, Dymatize, USPLabs Oxyelite Protein, and PES Select Protein once it drops (can't wait to try the flavors :D)

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OP, check out SAN Titanium Whey if you're in the market for something to fill the gaps of your diet. 23g P, 3g C and 1.5g F. There's also an Titanium Isolate with 27g P, 0.5g C and 0g F.

If you're looking for something in terms of recovery then look into PF3. I've never had anything on the market that comes anywhere near this in terms for recovery. Significantly reduced Acute Muscle Soreness and DOMS.

Lots of options, looking for a blend or an Isolate?

Look into USP OxyElite protein
I thought someone had said that got pulled also?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trying Giant Sports Cookies N Creme next myself.

Enjoyed Protean by iForce a lot as well. Very tasty.

Going to be hard to find a better price than Dymatize Elite XT. Fudge Brownie isn't bad when mixed with milk especially. You can get 4 lbs. of that cheaper than 2 lbs of most other products.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What would you recommend? Just curious iv been using it for a while and it seems to be working well. For me anyway.
A whey/casein mix.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whys that??
The reason it doesn't have a lot of cholesterol is because it isn't a lot of beef. When you're drinking beef proteins you're not drinking powdered sirloin. Think of it more in terms of the hot dog of the protein world.

Jackson20

Jackson20

Awards
The reason it doesn't have a lot of cholesterol is because it isn't a lot of beef. When you're drinking beef proteins you're not drinking powdered sirloin. Think of it more in terms of the hot dog of the protein world.
Ahhh, tooshay, it was recommended to me by my trainer over whey. "Lean protein" wont gain as much fat

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, tooshay, it was recommended to me by my trainer over whey. "Lean protein" wont gain as much fat
That is awful advice:

-whey has an awesome amino acid profile
-fat gain comes down to overall diet and not what kind of protein you take

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are people recommending OEProtein? Not only can you not get it right now but even if you could why risk having liver failure? Hydro builder is going to be my first choice for protein kinda pricey but great quality.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are people recommending OEProtein? Not only can you not get it right now but even if you could why risk having liver failure? Hydro builder is going to be my first choice for protein kinda pricey but great quality.
What ingredient is going to cause liver failure in their protein? None.

It's being questioned or whatever because it has the words "OxyElite" in the name.

Also, far better less expensive protein choices then HydroBuilder...

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Giant Sports (Banana, Vanilla and CnC are their best flavors)
PES Protein
SAN Titanium Whey (Chocolate Graham Cracker is great)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just quit using one lol, kinda pointless, paying to have someone watch me workout. And apparently give ****ty advice.
Good decision.

You will find all the information you would need on this forum. Check into the Nutrition and Training sub forum also.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What ingredient is going to cause liver failure in their protein? None.

It's being questioned or whatever because it has the words "OxyElite" in the name.

Also, far better less expensive protein choices then HydroBuilder...
Why take the chance with that product when you could get something else that is just as good? And can you give me an example of something better than hydrobuilder? Thanks.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why take the chance with that product when you could get something else that is just as good? And can you give me an example of something better than hydrobuilder? Thanks.
What makes hydrobuilder so epic?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What makes hydrobuilder so epic?
It's not. No powdered protein is epic. It's just a good whey and casein blend. As far as blends go I would choose it before most other products.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
USPLabs OxyElite Protein has one of the best protein profiles out...

And to name a few better/less expensive:
Giant Sports
Dymatize
iForce
Haven't seen the profile of PES Select Protein yet but I am positive it's better then HydroBuilder

But if you want to spend that amount of money on protein, by all means go ahead.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently drinking Scivation whey, no filler or extra crap in it. Normally I just eat Steak, chicken, eggs, and tuna though. I also like Oep Protein. Gonna definitely get some of the PES protein when it is available though. Usually I don't supplement with protein much anymore though. I'd just rather eat regular food, at least as long as I still have my own teeth. That's what they are there for, so I can have a good steak dinner.

Only once in a while will I purchase protein supplements though.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently drinking Scivation whey, no filler or extra crap in it. Normally I just eat Steak, chicken, eggs, and tuna though. I also like Oep Protein. Gonna definitely get some of the PES protein when it is available though. Usually I don't supplement with protein much anymore though. I'd just rather eat regular food, at least as long as I still have my own teeth. That's what they are there for, so I can have a good steak dinner.

Only once in a while will I purchase protein supplements though.
Found 4 2lb tub deal on Scivation Whey for $45 today!
That's $11.25 a tub.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oh dear, find a new trainer lol. Weight gain is all about consuming more than you burn (in a very simplified form).

OutOfStep

Awards
  • First Up Vote
NOW whey isolate mega pack. Best deal for protein powder out their right now IMO.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
what a fun thread
always something new in each of the 23,933,783 threads that now exist on this topic...

carnivore, chocolate
uhh no

Id switch.
yep

Whys that??
Beef protein powder...
mmm not because of that, you simplify the concept too much here
fact is, that particular product mentioned IS beef gelatin, not anything quality..
all beef protein powders (few that there have ever been) are not necessarily so poorly sourced
one of the best ones ever IMO, was the now extinct Beverly International Ultra Size

this, pretty good synopsis

:doh:

Get a new trainer
this

That is awful advice:

-whey has an awesome amino acid profile
-fat gain comes down to overall diet and not what kind of protein you take
and this

uhhhh
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Why take the chance with that product?
you're not
it's just your lack of education that makes you FEEL as if you are..
no reality to it

It's just a good whey and casein blend. As far as blends go I would choose it before most other products.
nothing wrong with the concept of whey & casein mix..
nothing in hydrobuilder comes close to justifying the insane price of that stuff
guess it's not quite as bad as Isopure tho... :p

Normally I just eat Steak, chicken, eggs, and tuna
Usually I don't supplement with protein much anymore though. I'd just rather eat regular food, at least as long as I still have my own teeth.
this dude is smart
best whey you can go
(yes pun intended)

Oh dear, find a new trainer lol. Weight gain is all about consuming more than you burn (in a very simplified form).
this

NOW whey isolate mega pack. Best deal for protein powder out their right now IMO.
lol
OP is looking for a blend, and here comes the inevitable whey isolate and irrelevant option that always occurs in these threads..
was just waiting for it

well that was fun
till the next one of these threads, gents/..see ya around

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My go-to protein has been Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 for the past couple of years... UP UNTIL NOW! They changed the formula, making it taste like crap AND cut the tub size to 4lbs - all while keeping the price the same. Someone needs to be slapped - BISHES!

Jackson20

Jackson20

Awards
What do you guys think about protein pills? Iv never tried them and im fine with the powder as iv been using for years, but a friend of mine is trying to introduce me to them, but i just dont think it will match up to the shakes.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
What do you guys think about protein pills? Iv never tried them and im fine with the powder as iv been using for years, but a friend of mine is trying to introduce me to them, but i just dont think it will match up to the shakes.
You would have to take way too many pills for it to work. This fails from both a cost and practicality standpoint.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Match up?. It's just food. Never heard of protein pills though. Do you mean Aminos?

Jackson20

Jackson20

Awards
Sorry if im sounding douchy with my short answers, im tryin to type between sets

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein is protein whether in food, powder, or pill form (which I dunno why someone would take pill form honestly).

Jackson20

Jackson20

Awards
Protein is protein whether in food, powder, or pull form (which I dunno why someone would take pill form honestly).
He doesnt like the tast, but im fine with it, i was just curious as how effective they are. And if anyone has every used them before. Iv never heard of them till today.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do they work? Are you getting a good source of protein? Are they complete $hit?
I've honestly never heard of or seen protein pills.