DAA Works, If you don't make the mistake Baylor did

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've all seen the new study on D-AA and the subsequent bunch of anti-supplement bloggers talking about how it doesn't work.

What most people probably didn't notice is a key difference between the material used in the two studies that show it does work:

D-Aspartate, A key element for the Improvement of Sperm Quality
The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats

And the one showing it does not:

D-Aspartic Acid supplementatoin combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance trained men.

That difference being?

The studies in favor of DAA are using chelated Sodium DAA
Baylor only used straight DAA for their study

Why does this matter?

Because D-AA on its own without a mineral chelate has horrible bioavailability.

A quick survey of the nutraplanet store shows the following awesome companies that are selling the right type of DAA:

SNS DAA
E-Pharm TestForce
AI Sports DAA
Purus D-Pol

A few brands that are selling inferior DAA:

USPLabs DAA3K
SS DAA
NP Bulk DAA

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I believe there's a thread on here that talks about people using baking soda in their regular DAA to mimic the qualities of sodium-DAA.

amarula

Awards
We've all seen the new study on D-AA and the subsequent bunch of anti-supplement bloggers talking about how it doesn't work.

What most people probably didn't notice is a key difference between the material used in the two studies that show it does work:

The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats

D-Aspartic Acid supplementatoin combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance trained men.

That difference being?

Why does this matter?

A quick survey of the nutraplanet store shows the following awesome companies that are selling the right type of DAA:

SNS DAA
E-Pharm TestForce
AI Sports DAA

USPLabs DAA3K
SS DAA
NP Bulk DAA
How do you know the brands above are using the correct type? I have AI Sports DAA and the label only says DAA

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
For AI Sports, if you look at the ingredient listing, it lists (Sodium D-Aspartic Acid).

The "sodium" is how you know it's the same as used in the study.

amarula

Awards
For AI Sports, if you look at the ingredient listing, it lists (Sodium D-Aspartic Acid).

The "sodium" is how you know it's the same as used in the study.
Correct, I didn't remember seeing that but I went check out and there it is.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards

That difference being?

Why does this matter?

SNS DAA
E-Pharm TestForce
AI Sports DAA

USPLabs DAA3K
SS DAA
NP Bulk DAA

I am and continue to use DPOL - I am 46 and it absolutely blows me away how strong I get and how easy I can put on a couple of pounds of pure muscle each cycle (for me 2-3 times a year using ARA when not DPOL). So what kind of DAA is in DPOL?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am and continue to use DPOL - I am 46 and it absolutely blows me away how strong I get and how easy I can put on a couple of pounds of pure muscle each cycle (for me 2-3 times a year using ARA when not DPOL). So what kind of DAA is in DPOL?
Look at the label?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
The label doesn't specifically state which version of DAA, and since it does not, I would say that this is regular d-aspartic acid, not the sodium version.

I tried DAA last year for the first time at the age of 34. I could tell something was going on and like you, I hadn't packed on that much weight since I had been in my early 20s.

This was regular DAA, mind you.

One other thing: DAA is more beneficial to older gents than guys still in their 20s. I'd go so far as to say that once you're in your 30s, you should feel something of DAA. Some have, others have not, but the general consensus seems to be that you get more from it the older you are.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dpol is sodium based

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The label doesn't specifically state which version of DAA, and since it does not, I would say that this is regular d-aspartic acid, not the sodium version.

I tried DAA last year for the first time at the age of 34. I could tell something was going on and like you, I hadn't packed on that much weight since I had been in my early 20s.

This was regular DAA, mind you.

One other thing: DAA is more beneficial to older gents than guys still in their 20s. I'd go so far as to say that once you're in your 30s, you should feel something of DAA. Some have, others have not, but the general consensus seems to be that you get more from it the older you are.
Daa also aggregates the nmda receptors which is boss for preloading for an exam/studying aesh

cptstabbin

Awards
Is there any form of DAA that shouldn't make me run to the nearest toilet?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Link to human pharmacokinetic data please. Hint: there is none

While the Baylor didn't show a signifcant increase in serum DAA levels, they did demonstrate a significant increase in d-aspartate oxidase [DDO]. The lack of a signifcant increase in serum DAA levels in the DAA group was to be expected though. They measured it 24h after the last supplement dose and rat data indicates serum DAA returns to baseline in 24-48h. The DDO increase indicates at least part of the DAA made it into systemic circulation.

Your comments about DAA's horrible bioavailability and the existence of [pharmacodynamically] superior forms is mere speculation and even bordering wishful thinking if you ask me. I think the conclusions of the Baylor researchers are most consistent with the evidence.
And yet their study specifically used a different form of DAA than both prior human studies and was designed to prove a hypothesis that it DOESN'T work, as opposed to rationally basing their hypothesis on the two prior studies showing that it does?

DDO being elevated does not in itself demonstrate in any way that the D-Aspartate was absorbed to the extent needed to potentially affect the HPTA, and they admit this in the study when discussing this.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
na, daa works. everyone not on the internet I know that have used it have experienced syptoms of increased testosterone.

is this increase enough to cause you to be any where close to supraphysiological dosages of testosterone? nope.

now how long these effects last in users, well, it seems to vary. from anecdotal evidence, I feel it should be cycled for optimal results.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
And neither does any of this demonstrate DAA has horrible bioavailability, let alone that other forms are pharmacodynamically superior.

You make potentially valid initial points in your OP, but the conclusions you draw from them are mere speculation IMO.

I hope more studies are underway to settle this debate.
What other forms are you talking about? NMDA?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I mentioned this before in a thread and no one cared they just kept rambling on about how DAA doesn't work and maybe it doesn't. However sodium and the other chelated version do work

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That difference being?

Why does this matter?

SNS DAA
E-Pharm TestForce
AI Sports DAA
Purus D-Pol

USPLabs DAA3K
SS DAA
NP Bulk DAA
Excellent post. SNS has quality DAA for a very cost friendly price. Best raws at the lowest buck.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you dose baking soda with normal ****ty DAA?

Can I cook up some daa crack?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Put in shaker with DAA. Shake. Drink. Voila!

rockme

rockme

Awards
DAA works. I used it over a year ago and something was going on. Pumps were awesome in the gym, and strength increased at an impressive rate. Libido went up the first couple weeks, then plummeted. I used NP bulk. Now I wonder if this sodium based DAA would deliver even more so...

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yup, I been slinging daarack on the corner in the locker room for a a while now.

People be like, "yo, I got these cheese burgers man , come on yo, I'll suck yo...."

You know wha I'm sayin yo?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The fact that DAA oxidase was elevated in the supplementation group shows that DAA reached the bloodstream, aka it was absorbed, aka bioavailability was not the sole issue (though I surmise it is markedly reduced in bulk). The study as a whole strikes me as odd, but the proper conclusion, IMO, is not that the form of DAA was wrong.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fact that DAA oxidase was elevated in the supplementation group shows that DAA reached the bloodstream, aka it was absorbed, aka bioavailability was not the sole issue (though I surmise it is markedly reduced in bulk). The study as a whole strikes me as odd, but the proper conclusion, IMO, is not that the form of DAA was wrong.
So what your saying is use Hcg as a test booster instead?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And neither does any of this demonstrate DAA has horrible bioavailability, let alone that other forms are pharmacodynamically superior.

You make potentially valid initial points in your OP, but the conclusions you draw from them are mere speculation IMO.

I hope more studies are underway to settle this debate.
Bioavailability perhaps the wrong word, rapidly metabolized perhaps more appropriate?

Further study on the specificity of D-amino acid oxidase and D-aspartate oxidase and time course for complete oxidation of D-amino acids.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
1. Add baking soda to water.
2. Mix.
3. Put DAA in mouth.
4. Wash down with mixture of baking soda and water.

Reportedly, efficacy is increased if administered while wearing a kilt, but YMMV.

This is far preferred over the "enema protocol".

MaXopA

MaXopA

Awards
any idea whether myprotein's DAA powder is chelated or just sodium?

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a company just trying to say that their version is better than others. Yawn.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a company saying 'hey, there's a reason PA introduced chelated DAA to the market and not straight DAA'
Had blood work done 7 days into using NP's bulk DAA (did not plan on getting blood work done) and showed an increase in T levels. Checked again 2 weeks after I had stopped taking it, levels back down.

Reactions: mw1
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had blood work done 7 days into using NP's bulk DAA (did not plan on getting blood work done) and showed an increase in T levels. Checked again 2 weeks after I had stopped taking it, levels back down.
3 days is what i believe i've read for your baseline to go back to normal, but i've seen on this place ppl say otherwise

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 days is what i believe i've read for your baseline to go back to normal, but i've seen on this place ppl say otherwise
Seems about right. I think DAA does increase total T but personally I don't think it enhances performance that much if at all IMO.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems about right. I think DAA does increase total T but personally I don't think it enhances performance that much if at all IMO.
i share the same view....i don't even use daa anymore because it doesn't do anything for me in terms of gym results, makes for a good laxative though

Swolljaboi

Awards
I find that I feel a definite increase in aggression, overall energy levels, and motivation while on DAA. I'm 30 years old though maybe my natural T is starting to drop.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established

That difference being?

Why does this matter?

SNS DAA
E-Pharm TestForce
AI Sports DAA
Purus D-Pol

USPLabs DAA3K
SS DAA
NP Bulk DAA
how about finaflex puretest? Is that the sh1t kind? i bought it because it was 9 bucks

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I mentioned this before in a thread and no one cared they just kept rambling on about how DAA doesn't work and maybe it doesn't. However sodium and the other chelated version do work
sounds like the old trib bs. Oh it works you just have to have the "right" kind

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
1. Add baking soda to water.
2. Mix.
3. Put DAA in mouth.
4. Wash down with mixture of baking soda and water.

Reportedly, efficacy is increased if administered while wearing a kilt, but YMMV.

This is far preferred over the "enema protocol".
Speak for yourself

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I wis h i didnt buy the sh1t kind id rather not take it with baking soda especially since i got pills. Everytime i cheap out its always something