Alphamine pulled from shelves/recalled!?!?

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
So I get a call from my local favorite 3 letter vitamin store girl and she tells me that all alphamine tubs are to be pulled from shelves and sent back to hq immediately.
I check nutra and out of stock.
What gives?!
I've got a tub and I think I'm going to go get their last tub they have.
Must be because of the whole "contaminated" raws huh...

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serious? Wtf, it doesn't even contain aegeline, I would like to know why it's being pulled if that is indeed the case (US Alphamine).

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm guessing places are getting confused with the UK version. If US Alphamine gets pulled, then FML.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm guessing places are getting confused with the UK version. If US Alphamine gets pulled, then FML.
You telling me buddy, I have like 2 tubs, one brand new and one that's like 3/4 of the tub remaining. Lulz. What do I use in treadmill day?!?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why doesn't PES let us know why this is being discontinued? I just took some Alphamine this morning. What am I putting in my body? I demand an answer. Right now, I am calling PES shady.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Argh, now I have to hold off on continuing use of Alphamine, wtf man!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But bro the taste! C'mon what side are you on team fruit punch or team raspberry lemonade? It doesn't matter what's in it, all that matters is what flavor you like.
I've only tried fruit punch. I might die tomorrow from taking it but it taste good!

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
It probably is the international version vs US version issue..
If something was going to happen it would have happened to me already.
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with our alphamine..
Love my alphamine.. can't wait till the new flavor comes out.. hope this doesn't put a stall on new batches..

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It probably is the international version vs US version issue..
If something was going to happen it would have happened to me already.
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with our alphamine..
Love my alphamine.. can't wait till the new flavor comes out.. hope this doesn't put a stall on new batches..
Still, such a turn of events without any explanation does not instill much confidence here. I'm a PES fan but I would also like to know the details on products I'm taking especially if the product in question is being recalled.

Supposedly aegeline is in the newer UK batches...

So US should be fine, right?
That's what I was thinking but the OP says that it's out of stock on NP and that GNC told him it's being recalled... I'm actually kind of concerned now.

Reactions: mw1
rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Looks like you can still get the raspberry lemonade flavor from the pes website though.
Hope its not the FDA screwing with crap.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you can still get the raspberry lemonade flavor from the pes website though.
Hope its not the FDA screwing with crap.
I don't see how the FDA could be screwing with anything since they have not sent any notices out (that I am aware of) for tembamide. Though I wouldn't be that surprised if they did, I think both tembamide and aegeline started popping up around the same time? Both are probably synthesized in a lab though for use as a ingredient rather than being extracted from the plants which they could be extracted from.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The FDA pulled the new Clear Shot off. There was nothing harmful about it. It was pulled because it worked lol.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The FDA pulled the new Clear Shot off. There was nothing harmful about it. It was pulled because it worked lol.
That is true, but PA is usually one which the FDA would have their eyes set on as he's a pretty big target. Same goes for USPLabs, but I was not aware that PES was a company that had a big bullseye on their backs for the FDA to target.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey now, I'm trying to play on neutral grounds :p
But yes, all this makes certain things suspect :p
You can be neutral and still point out the obvious...

If the two companies are co-owned, then it is obvious why PES' aegeline products would be pulled along with USPLabs'

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can be neutral and still point out the obvious...

If the two companies are co-owned, then it is obvious why PES' aegeline products would be pulled along with USPLabs'
Well, with that aside, what do you wreckon was the reasoning for pulling the non-aegeline containing Alphamine (US versions)? Unless somehow tembamide and aegeline are related? Or that there's a FDA warning about non-compliance for using tembamide (that hasn't surfaced into the public domain yet)?

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tembamide is basically the same thing.

They're both similar compounds from the same plant (aegle marmelos).

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Until PES responds we'll just be left with speculation.

And until then, I'm afraid to buy any of their products.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tembamide is basically the same thing.

They're both similar compounds from the same plant (aegle marmelos).
Zanthoxylum fa-gara is the same as the tree which bael grows from? Hmmmm... interesting... Or are they related plants? I apologize if I sound like a dunce, I've only had Google to dig through :p

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zanthoxylum fa-gara is the same as the tree which bael grows from? Hmmmm... interesting... Or are they related plants? I apologize if I sound like a dunce, I've only had Google to dig through :p
What?!?

I sometimes don't even understand how you arrive at the information you get from google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tembamide

Gives numerous results on the first page talking about how it's a component of aegle marmelos, as well as another plant, but not Zanthoxylum.

Both ingredients are found in Aegle Marmelos.

I'm curious if there's a chance the issue could possibly be a byproduct of the synthesis of the two ingredients

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What?!?

I sometimes don't even understand how you arrive at the information you get from google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tembamide

Gives numerous results on the first page talking about how it's a component of aegle marmelos, as well as another plant, but not Zanthoxylum.

Both ingredients are found in Aegle Marmelos.

I'm curious if there's a chance the issue could possibly be a byproduct of the synthesis of the two ingredients
I got it from here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&********web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEEQFjAC&url=http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/1967/J3/j39670001327&ei=6XqKUqrvN-784AP0qIHgAg&usg=AFQjCNEhFKjAo4NvxvDczY93YED_GejFhg&bvm=bv.56643336,d.dmg

Maybe that's the problem? Ha ha ha. That's the third link on the Google search :p

R

raekwonse

Awards
Erase and erase pro are out of stock on nutra as well. Wtf. Are they still safe to take?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I get a call from my local favorite 3 letter vitamin store girl and she tells me that all alphamine tubs are to be pulled from shelves and sent back to hq immediately.
I check nutra and out of stock.
What gives?!
I've got a tub and I think I'm going to go get their last tub they have.
Must be because of the whole "contaminated" raws huh...
That's strange cause it is still available on G*C's website

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
even if all is well, the silence makes it seem shady. unless theyre receiving legal counsel to remain quiet, this is a horrible PR strategy.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PES website has both Erase and Erase Pro out of stock.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Erase has been rumored to be on the chopping block for a while now. I heard tales of its demise several months ago on the grapevine

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Erase has been rumored to be on the chopping block for a while now. I heard tales of its demise several months ago on the grapevine
Why is that?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I hope this isn't true.

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Nobody here honestly thinks Erase is DSHEA compliant...right?
so all Arimistane (sp?) containing products will be targeted? or, is this just based upon affiliation also?

G

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
I would imagine many companies will slip in under the radar just like companies still sell DMAA to this day.
just thought you may had heard if this had just further incited the feds against the companies. or, that they were trying to target the compound on a broader scale

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just thought you may had heard if this had just further incited the feds against the companies. or, that they were trying to target the compound on a broader scale
I would guess they will target larger companies that are selling it, similar to what happened with ATD.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so all Arimistane (sp?) containing products will be targeted? or, is this just based upon affiliation also?
No they will be targeting all companies selling the ingred -- just like they did with ATD. The fda doesnt like AIs sold otc

Edit: ha Deeb beat me to it

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Holy moly.

Craze drama, UPS drama and now PES are recalling all their products

In before erase is $150 a bottle

I have all their products. I am not taking anything until PES gives me a reason not to worry

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wow. I wish I stocked up while I had the chance.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
Just picked up some alphamine from my 3 letter shop.. Epro was on the shelf too