Holy Cow... Aegeline No More

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    38 isnt alot of people for an entire area that has filthy, disease-contaminated water. my sister went there and got really sick; oxy elite wasnt involved. conversely, i can drink water anywhere on the globe, as long as it isnt disease-ridden. none of that makes sense to you?
    What the heck?

    Locals don't get sick most likely due to a form of immunity to it, you get sick because you don't; I have no idea where you are going with this? 36 is alot of people to contract non-viral hepatitis (I think you need to google what this is), especially when all of them consumed Oxyelite pro.

    I dont deny your sister got sick, but what has that got to do with non-viral hepatitis?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  2. Registered User
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    427772

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    What the heck? Locals don't get sick most likely due to a form of immunity to it, you get sick because you don't; I have no idea where you are going with this? 36 is alot of people to contract non-viral hepatitis (I think you need to google what this is), especially when all of them consumed Oxyelite pro. I dont deny your sister got sick, but what has that got to do with non-viral hepatitis?
    areas with poor hygeine are areas with poor hygeine. they dump toilet water/ drugs all that crap into their water. god knows whats in there. this hasnt been determined, so you could give me more credit than "zero sense" considering the FDA spokesperson said "Meanwhile, Park acknowledged she would like to determine what actually caused the illnesses in Hawaii, but such conclusive findings may be elusive."Sometimes, the best I can do is find the strongest association,"
  3. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    areas with poor hygeine are areas with poor hygeine. they dump toilet water, drugs all that crap into their water. god knows whats in there
    I understand that.

    But where are the people who also contracted the same illness who did not consume Oxyelite pro? Surely not all of tourists in Hawaii use Oxyelite pro? if it was the water, then more cases would have occured.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   
       

  4. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    I understand that.

    But where are the people who also contracted the same illness who did not consume Oxyelite pro? Surely not all of tourists in Hawaii use Oxyelite pro? if it was the water, then more cases would have occured.
    There were cases of it without OEP in Hawaii.

    They've said that in almost all the articles, it's just that the majority used OEP (80% or so), they've left the other supps used unnamed for those who didn't use OEP.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  5. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    There were cases of it without OEP in Hawaii.

    They've said that in almost all the articles, it's just that the majority used OEP (80% or so), they've left the other supps used unnamed for those who didn't use OEP.
    Really?

    This is news to me. Because the same illness was contracted in NZ by someone who was also using Oxyelite pro. Seems far too coincidental.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  6. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    From the article
    Hawaii officials are investigating 36 illnesses associated with OxyElite Pro, Sarah Park, M.D., State Epidemiologist with the Hawaii State Department of Health, said yesterday in an interview with Natural Products INSIDER. At least two illnesses required liver transplants and officials have reported one death.

    Although other cases have been reported linking supplements to hepatitis, Park said the decision was made this week not to investigate those other products because officials could not find commonalities. She said 36 cases, or 82 percent of the total illnesses, were linked to OxyElite Pro. Park did not name the other supplements that have been linked to hepatitis.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  7. Registered User
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    427772

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I understand that. But where are the people who also contracted the same illness who did not consume Oxyelite pro? Surely not all of tourists in Hawaii use Oxyelite pro? if it was the water, then more cases would have occured.
    yeah, there's 18% who just plum got it. but then i dont know what to make of this: "USPlabs believes counterfeit versions of OxyElite Pro are being marketed in the United States
  8. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    From the article
    Thanks Jim. Interesting they wouldn't follow up on it.. But all cases were using supplements? Seems more like contamination on Hawaii's end if thats the case..
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  9. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,678
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    From the article
    But there have been several confirmed cases in a few states in the US now....I cant remember off hand how many states

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  10. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    yeah, there's 18% who just plum got it. but then i dont know what to make of this: "USPlabs believes counterfeit versions of OxyElite Pro are being marketed in the United States
    Well that seems plauisble to me now.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  11. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post

    But there have been several confirmed cases in a few states in the US now....I cant remember off hand how many states
    I've only seen an article on the one in Connecticut.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  12. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've only seen an article on the one in Connecticut.
    I only care so much because a friend on mine is sitting on four tubs of the stuff; I don't want them consuming something that has the potential to make them very sick.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  13. Registered User
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    427772

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've only seen an article on the one in Connecticut.
    connecticut? no s**t
  14. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,678
    Rep Power
    3211219

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've only seen an article on the one in Connecticut.
    It was like 5+.. it may have been on the CDC report but I cant remember at the moment. I think consumers should be happy that the CDC is investigating cause they will do a MUCH more thorough job investigating that the FDA ever could

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  15. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    I only care so much because a friend on mine is sitting on four tubs of the stuff; I don't want them consuming something that has the potential to make them very sick.
    I, personally, have been skeptical of this whole situation since the start. Hell, the original news article clearly stated that there were cases of the same illness, in the same area, that were not related to OEP.

    I don't pretend to know why other possibilities aren't being examined, but I also wouldn't advise people to use the products in question until there's more information available.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  16. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,052
    Rep Power
    3263517

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    It was like 5+.. it may have been on the CDC report but I cant remember at the moment. I think consumers should be happy that the CDC is investigating cause they will do a MUCH more thorough job investigating that the FDA ever could
    Jeez.

    I tried to get him to toss them but he paid a fortune for them lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  17. Registered User
    Wilsy7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Age
    23
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    153761

    Possibly mixing the OEP with the dirty water amplified the effects of both?
  18. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,156
    Rep Power
    6628015

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsy7 View Post
    Possibly mixing the OEP with the dirty water amplified the effects of both?
    Wait, what?


    Did you read that before posting it? Or any of this thread for that matter?

    Cliffs:

    Not all of the cases involve OEP.
    Not all of the cases were isolated to Hawaii.
    Not all of the cases are even in the US.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  19. Registered User
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    2112387

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    38 isnt alot of people for an entire area that has filthy, disease-contaminated water. my sister went there and got really sick; oxy elite wasnt involved. conversely, i can drink water anywhere on the globe, as long as it isnt disease-ridden. none of that makes sense to you? areas that have crappy water that tourists arent used to are areas that have disease problems
    You do realize that this was non-viral non-contagious acute hepatitis we are talking about here right? It's the kind of hepatitis that is brought on usually from heavy alcohol use or drugs uses.

    So this theory of yours about the environmental contamination in the water and such doesn't make sense because 1) there would probably need to be actual toxicity in the water 2) water apart from well water is tested and treated for toxicity and carcinogens (since Hawaii is part if the US, I'm guessing EPA does regulate their drinking water systems) 3) contamination of the water supply will lead to far more than 30 something cases of illness.
  20. Registered User
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    117805

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've only seen an article on the one in Connecticut.
    Why do you keep mis-citing facts and statistics to downplay these issues. I am sure your Google still works so it would be easy to see that as of the end of October they tied 56 cases to OEP and there have been recent reported cases in Ohio, California,Connecticut and someone on here reported New Zealand which I know you saw in another thread. You can be skeptical, blame the FDA and etc. all you want, but at least use accurate data and information when trying assure others everything is a okay or just a misunderstanding by the mean ole FDA.
  21. Registered User
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    117805

    . . . And a case reported in Ireland. There is much info out there and some explanations regarding the reporting issues and many of the questions asked by same individuals over and over in every thread. Research, understand and make informed decisions.
  22. Registered User
    Afi140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,457
    Rep Power
    1287722

    I think Hawaii could have just noticed It first due to it being a small archipelago with only a few large hospitals. It would stand out more in comparison to mainland u.s where each state is significantly larger with many more hospitals. Just a thought though.
    Check out Island Supplements.com for all your supplement needs.
  23. Registered User
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    2112387

    Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    I think Hawaii could have just noticed It first due to it being a small archipelago with only a few large hospitals. It would stand out more in comparison to mainland u.s where each state is significantly larger with many more hospitals. Just a thought though.
    Yeah, I would reckon that that things would have been more concentrated in Hawaii and would have been more acutely noticed than mainland US.
  24. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Remember some people were convinced Craze was legit and fought tooth and nail on the forums defending it. We can't be sure it's the supplement yet, but lol at those who absolutely believe companies so much that they can't even fathom mistakes.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  25. Registered User
    De__eB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    1619403

    Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    I think Hawaii could have just noticed It first due to it being a small archipelago with only a few large hospitals. It would stand out more in comparison to mainland u.s where each state is significantly larger with many more hospitals. Just a thought though.
    That makes no sense at all. Do you even statistics?
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  26. Registered User
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    2112387

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Remember some people were convinced Craze was legit and fought tooth and nail on the forums defending it. We can't be sure it's the supplement yet, but lol at those who absolutely believe companies so much that they can't even fathom mistakes.
    Can't really count the Craze Dendrobex issue a mistake, lulz. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    That makes no sense at all. Do you even statistics?
    Wouldn't it be harder to notice the outbreak if incidences were more spread out though as opposed to being more localized and concentrated?
  27. Registered User
    Afi140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,457
    Rep Power
    1287722

    ^thats what I was thinking. Oahu and the big island are the major ones and their hospitals are few and far between. Drive around the whole island in 2 hrs. Again this was just a thought and a logical one at that
    Check out Island Supplements.com for all your supplement needs.
  28. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Can't really count the Craze Dendrobex issue a mistake, lulz. :P



    Wouldn't it be harder to notice the outbreak if incidences were more spread out though as opposed to being more localized and concentrated?
    Mistakes may have been a poor term. The supplement industry has a long shady history and some people act like nothing could be more shocking than another chapter added to it.

    I don't know if OEP is to blame or not, but remember Craze had far more defenders of it has to be legit than people calling it out. Again I will say it's too early to pass judgment either way.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  29. Registered User
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,639
    Rep Power
    2112387

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Mistakes may have been a poor term. The supplement industry has a long shady history and some people act like nothing could be more shocking than another chapter added to it.

    I don't know if OEP is to blame or not, but remember Craze had far more defenders of it has to be legit than people calling it out. Again I will say it's too early to pass judgment either way.
    I agree with that sentiment.
  30. Registered User
    De__eB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    1619403

    Why would incidences be spread out in other states? Why would they be more concentrated in Hawaii?

    If OEP has some ingredient in it that causes hepatitis, you're not going to have 40 cases in one place, and 5 throughout the other 99.6% of the population just because of how few hospitals there are in Hawaii. There would be thousands elsewhere.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. No More 8oz. T-gel??
    By dg806 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 01:33 PM
  2. chemo, no more 1-t pro?
    By metacat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 08:42 AM
  3. No More Sugar (For You Bobo)
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 01:32 PM
  4. no more cardio on empty stomach
    By Number 5 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.