Carb powder????

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys.. So I bought some Vitargo S2 carb powder and besides the fact it tastes like s**t it DOES NOT mix at all.. It is impossible to keep mixed.. Anyway, can anybody throw some suggestions my way on a good carb mix that either tastes pretty descent or maybe flavorless that mixes with an intra workout?? I have not tried any except the S2 and I personally do not like.. Any good suggestions???

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
I've successfully used Optimum Nutrition's Glyco-Maize before. Doesn't really taste like anything, but it shakes up well with whey and casein powders. If I recall, it was pretty economical too.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Karbolyn from All American EFX is pretty good. I've used 2 tubs right after workouts.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I've used ON's GlycerGrow. NOW's got one: CarboGain. Both are the same. Fine powders that get everywhere with just a whiff of air, so, be careful. Both mix well, too.

They come in handy. You can also grind up some oats in a coffee grinder and use that for carbs.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I've successfully used Optimum Nutrition's Glyco-Maize before. Doesn't really taste like anything, but it shakes up well with whey and casein powders. If I recall, it was pretty economical too.
I just read some reviews and they all were pretty good. Do you think it will work good to mix with my grape bcaa drink for intra workout??

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
This is first time I have been in market for carb powder. I guess it's like anything else, which is a lot of selections.. Ideally, it would be nice to mix with my bcaa grape intra workout because I don't want to mess with my protein post workout shake... I like it too much, and I hate to mess with the combo, lol!!!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
This is first time I have been in market for carb powder. I guess it's like anything else, which is a lot of selections.. Ideally, it would be nice to mix with my bcaa grape intra workout because I don't want to mess with my protein post workout shake... I like it too much, and I hate to mess with the combo, lol!!!
You can mix with BCAA powder. That's what I'll do from time to time. I'll do a scoop of carb powder and then my BCAA's before working out. Then, BCAA's whilst working out.

Give it a shot. They're inexpensive and you can try out the 2lb tub ON has to see if you like.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Raro or something. Why spend money on expensive carb powder?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only vitargo I used mixed fine?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Raro or something. Why spend money on expensive carb powder?
Supercharged optimal osmolarity molecular weight rapid gastric emptying hyper anabolism.

What is raro? lol

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys.. So I bought some Vitargo S2 carb powder and besides the fact it tastes like s**t it DOES NOT mix at all.. It is impossible to keep mixed.. Anyway, can anybody throw some suggestions my way on a good carb mix that either tastes pretty descent or maybe flavorless that mixes with an intra workout?? I have not tried any except the S2 and I personally do not like.. Any good suggestions???
Generation ucan

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Definately some selections to look into..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Supercharged optimal osmolarity molecular weight rapid gastric emptying hyper anabolism.

What is raro? lol
ah! Thanks for the clarification lol

Flavoured powder/ sugar. When mixed right (7g per litre)
you get optimal gastric emptying and absorption.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Probably the only carb supplement I'd use would be Gaspari Glycofuse, but I wouldn't pay for a carb product. I'd rather eat whole foods.

A post work out protein shake is not necessary. Again, I'd personally rather eat whole foods.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carbogain. Don't use cold water though cuz it make it harder to mix. But carbogain is like 40 bucks for 2-3 months worth.

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
Karbolyn from All American EFX is pretty good. I've used 2 tubs right after workouts.
Bamski, what flavor did you use? I'm thinking about adding this post-workout.

Thanks,
Monte

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Glycomix blends well in a shaker

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
How many carbs are you trying to consume via this powder? Some people do not tolerate larger amounts of the first generation carb powders such as malto and dextrose. Do you want something neutral tasting or sweet?

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
How many carbs are you trying to consume via this powder? Some people do not tolerate larger amounts of the first generation carb powders such as malto and dextrose. Do you want something neutral tasting or sweet?
I think if it's neutral I would mix it with my grape bcaa drink intra or if it's sweet I might replace that as my intra and take bcaa pre workout? The vitargo s2 was 70 grams per 2 scoops, but I tried 1 scoop and didn't mix for **** but I did use cold water??

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Alri chained reaction taste amazing. Digests super quick, no stomach bloat and mixes great.

I also love Karbolyn. Tastes great and my stomach has no problems with digestion

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I am not going to dilute the drink vary much I use maltodextrin. If I am going to dilute it a great deal I just use Gatorade powder.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought karbolyn was way too sweet.

If I want sugar, ill just drink koolaid. Cheaper.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Bamski, what flavor did you use? I'm thinking about adding this post-workout.

Thanks,
Monte
Hey Monte,

I used the neutral flavor along with oats, milk, and either peanut butter or fruit (triple berry blend) and whey of your choice. Pretty good and filling!

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
Hey Monte,

I used the neutral flavor along with oats, milk, and either peanut butter or fruit (triple berry blend) and whey of your choice. Pretty good and filling!
Thanks, Bamski. That's a pretty nice shake. And that's post-workout? Any issues with mixing? I was reading reviews about NOW's Carbo Gain and noticed a ton of people complaining about clumping. Wondering if that specific to NOW or common with all carb products...

Thanks,
Monte

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Bamski. That's a pretty nice shake. And that's post-workout? Any issues with mixing? I was reading reviews about NOW's Carbo Gain and noticed a ton of people complaining about clumping. Wondering if that specific to NOW or common with all carb products... Thanks, Monte
I never noticed clumping, the only thing that really stood out was the blended oats and the seeds from the fruit. I usually did it post workout, 50g (1 scoop), with 1 cup of triple berry blend, 1.5 scoops of protein (36g), 1/2 cup of oats (27g), 1 cup of milk. Yummmm.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt's Glycomyx is far and away my favorite carb supplement.

If looking for a fast/postWO type of carb instead, Karbolyn always gives me wicked pumps and fullness.