Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Blood Pressure supplements on cycle?

Hi,

I'm just looking for a supplement/s to help with keeping my BP down on an cycle. In case you need to know it's a EQ, Test Prop and epistane cycle.

What supps would you recommend specifically for BP? what was successful for yourself and at what dose/s? Thanks for your time.
    :blindfold:

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%

i used Hawthorne berry while on epi and it took care of the headaches i would get from high bp. took 2 caps one in morning then one in afternoon
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

CEL Cycle Assist
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    i used Hawthorne berry while on epi and it took care of the headaches i would get from high bp. took 2 caps one in morning then one in afternoon
    Do you remember what brand?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%

it was some grocery store brand i think it was called natures bounty.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.44%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

EQ will be the source of your hypertension here. With excess RBCs, you are going to have a hard time controlling it. OTC, I'd only do celery seed extract at 75mg twice a day. A high enough dose of hawthorn may be of extra help.

Mike
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    EQ will be the source of your hypertension here. With excess RBCs, you are going to have a hard time controlling it. OTC, I'd only do celery seed extract at 75mg twice a day. A high enough dose of hawthorn may be of extra help.

Mike
    Yeah, the EQ was my main concern. I'll definitely give celery seed extract at 150mg/day and hawthorne berry a go.

Is there anything else short of getting a script I could use/do? Giving blood,baby aspirin, cycling diuretics, anything?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.45%

Celery seed extract was effective for me but makre sure its standardized for 3nB content. Thats was does the work at lowering BP.

The best OTC I have found is a product called Hypertine. It works great!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Hawthorne and c0q10
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.05%

HB + Cycle Assist
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.73%

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    Celery seed extract was effective for me but makre sure its standardized for 3nB content. Thats was does the work at lowering BP.

^ this !! or natural factors CSE

HBE needs time to work.
    CoQ10 didn't know this one worked to lower BP, interesting.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.3%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Cycle assist is hands down one of the best all in one supplements and is great even off cycle. I would also add in Agmatine. I have dropped my BP from an average of 130/75 to an average of 122/72 in just over a month. It really is amazing.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Cycle Guard

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Milk Thistle Extract (80% Silymarin) 500 mg
    N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) 400 mg
    Hawthorne (1.8% extract) 300 mg
    Saw Palmetto (45% Extract) 200 mg
    Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) 100 mg
    Celery Seed (6:1 concentrate) 75 mg
    Grape Seed (95% extract) 75 mg

Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Cycle Guard (120 Caps): Discount Cycle Guard Supplements

Cycle Assist is also a great product. Cant go wrong there. I think Nutra is out of stock on Cycle Assist though.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.3%

That's cool, I didn't know you made a similar product. I am almost out of CA and they seem to be sold out everywhere I have looked, so I may give that a try.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    That's cool, I didn't know you made a similar product. I am almost out of CA and they seem to be sold out everywhere I have looked, so I may give that a try.
    i havent checked anywhere else but Nutra. Glad I could be of help.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%

Diet and hydration, as others have suggested here, is going to be the key to getting the most out of any support regiment.

If you go the bulk ingredients route you'd be looking at grape/celery seed but be sure to look for proper standardization/extracts. I find CoQ-10 to be the most versatile ingredient mentioned thus far--if you have the cash it is well worth using as a year-round supplement.

If you are interested in a more novel formula or all-in-one product, I like to think of AL's Talos as a revamped and up-to-date reincarnation of CEL's product (in spirit). It can be found at Nutraplanet or any major online supp retailer: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...d-formula.html

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions/interest in Talos or would like some forum feedback links!
    Antaeus Labs Representative

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.87%

Where is cycle guard or buy ?
    Olympus Labs Dermafury http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/255355-dermafury-log-olympus.html
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

I can speak for OG Talos. Interested in trying the new version.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.21%

BP Stabil is a great product. Celery seed extract works good too!
    William Llewellyn's Anabolics, Underground Anabolics, and SSRG ebook editions!
  20. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.71%

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Cycle assist is hands down one of the best all in one supplements and is great even off cycle. I would also add in Agmatine. I have dropped my BP from an average of 130/75 to an average of 122/72 in just over a month. It really is amazing.
    This^^^

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  21. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.71%

This is something from Synapsin comparing CA and Talos

Competitive Edge Lab’s (CEL) Cycle Assist
    Cycle Assist is designed to be an all-in-one support solution for basic on cycle and post cycle therapy needs. Cycle Assist contains a combination of specifically dosed ingredients designed to help provide liver, blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate, and acne support (1-35).

Also, unlike many other products in its class, every herb in Cycle Assist is a standardized extract and the standardization amount is clearly identified on the label. This is extremely important because it is the amount of active ingredient that an herb is standardized for that determines the level of benefits received from it. Example: A product can be dosed very high in mg of herb powder, but standardized poorly and therefore offer very little if anything in terms of effectiveness.
    This article will serve as a comprehensive guide to the most important ingredients in Cycle Assist.
    N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) is used in the management of drug overdose (such as acetaminophen), and acts as a mucolytic agent. The inclusion of NAC in Cycle Assist is due to its protective effects on the liver and kidney. It is possibly one of the most effective over the counter products available on the market for protecting your liver from damage (1-13).
    Milk Thistle is perhaps one of the most famous herbs in the world, widely known for its liver protective effects. Research on milk thistle has suggested that it is both capable of preventing liver damage AND repairing liver damage (14-18).
    Pantothenic Acid has been shown to lower free cholesterol, triglyceride counts, and total cholesterol in the liver (19).
    Hawthorn Berry Extract has been shown to potentially help with chronic heart failure, fatigue, palpitations, and dyspnea (20-21).
    Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCl) can protect individuals from cardiovascular disease by lowering homocysteine levels in the blood (22-23).
    Saw Palmetto Extract is a popular men’s health herbal product, most commonly used for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Users often take it while on cycle for prostate health benefits. It has also been suggested to help with male pattern baldness (24-28).
    Celery Seed Extract has been suggested to lower blood sugar, decrease blood pressure, promote relaxation, and protect the liver from damage (29-30).
    Grape Seed Extract can potentially improve symptoms of hypertension, lower high levels of blood cholesterol, inflammation, and improve liver function (31-33).
    Policosanol can potentially improve your cholesterol levels by lowering levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) while simultaneously improving levels of HDL (good cholesterol) (34-35).
    Antaeus Labs Talos
    Since the release of CEL’s Cycle Assist, many companies have tried to release their own version of Cycle Assist, but they all pale in comparison to Cycle Assist, the best on cycle product on the market. One such product is Antaeus Labs’ product “Talos”. A comprehensive review of the literature has revealed that this product is nothing more than pixie dust, filled with many ingredients at either meaningless doses, lacking any extract information, or ingredients that have zero applications in humans (with little to no animal research either).
    The only overlapping ingredients in Talos that overlaps with Cycle Assist is Vitamin B6. Cycle Assist not only states what form of Vitamin B6 we use (this actually matters), but also has a higher dosage of B6.
    The main ingredients in Talos are the following:
    Prunus Cerasus (Sour Cherry)
    Matrine
    Trans-Resveratrol
    Dunaliella salina extract (10% 9-Cis-Beta Carotene)
    Salicin
    Astaxanthin
    Prunus Cerasus (Sour Cherry) only has one real study on it. The study has no data on its usage in humans, its only data conducted on cell cultures, and it’s only suggested function is that it may act as an antioxidant. It is virtually useless for usage as an on cycle product (36).
    Matrine has been suggested to act as an analgesic and an anti-cancer agent, but again, that is irrelevant to an individual running a cycle. Its anti-cancer properties (specifically breast cancer) would be more relevant for usage during PCT rather than on cycle, and it has no human data to confirm such a conclusion that is indeed effective for that usage (37-38).
    Trans-Resveratrol is a very popular buzz product (and it has been the last few year), but nobody is quite sure what it actually does yet. It suffers from huge bio-availability issues (oral resveratrol bio-availability is nearly zero), and the dose in Talos (50 mg), is worthless in humans (39).
    Dunaliella salina extract (10% 9-Cis-Beta Carotene) is a head scratcher. It has one study on the effects of cancer of proventriculus in mice, and a few studies evaluating its efficacy as a potential antimicrobial. This ingredient has no place in an on cycle product, and truly shows how much of a filler in is (40-41).
    Salicin is the one ingredient in this product has that any real benefit, but the dosage in this product is far too low for users to feel any benefit.
    Astaxanthin is similar to Dunaliella salina extract in that it is an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the eye and nervous system. Its inclusion in an on cycle product, however, is meaningless because it is primarily used by individuals to promote ocular health, which is not a real concern for those on cycle.

And there you have it, a comprehensive review of the best on cycle product on the market (Cycle Assist) versus the latest pretender (Talos). Not only does Cycle Assist include a variety of standardized herbal extracts with clinical trials in humans, but it also includes them at physiologically relevant dosages.

Sorry for the wall of text but if its definitely worth reading

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Cycle Assist is the real deal! I'm an advocate for it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.44%

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Yeah, the EQ was my main concern. I'll definitely give celery seed extract at 150mg/day and hawthorne berry a go. Is there anything else short of getting a script I could use/do? Giving blood,baby aspirin, cycling diuretics, anything?
    You are not going to avoid high blood pressure on eq. The increased hematocrit is more of a concern with eq. If you are using eq for more than 16 weeks like you should.. Get your hematocrit checked around 10 weeks.. Donate blood if needed.
  24. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.2%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    This is something from Synapsin comparing CA and Talos
    In order to respond comprehensively please could you link me to the original post, which includes the references your post alludes to.
    Antus Labs
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post

I'll read up on that product thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Hawthorne and c0q10
    CoQ10 is some good stuff. I've used high dose CoQ10 in the past for general health and BP but it's a bit too pricey for me these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLocal View Post
    Diet and hydration, as others have suggested here, is going to be the key to getting the most out of any support regiment.

If you go the bulk ingredients route you'd be looking at grape/celery seed but be sure to look for proper standardization/extracts. I find CoQ-10 to be the most versatile ingredient mentioned thus far--if you have the cash it is well worth using as a year-round supplement.

If you are interested in a more novel formula or all-in-one product, I like to think of AL's Talos as a revamped and up-to-date reincarnation of CEL's product (in spirit). It can be found at Nutraplanet or any major online supp retailer: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/a...d-formula.html

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions/interest in Talos or would like some forum feedback links!
    I'll definitely take a look at what Talos has to offer. I'm looking for something potent/effective for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Patuba View Post
    BP Stabil is a great product. Celery seed extract works good too!
    I did take a look at this product but since it's a prop blend i can't tell how much hawthorne berry is actually in it nor does it have any celery seed extract. Do you know of anyone that's used it with success? I'm interested in seeing what ind of number drops the user/s experienced.

You are not going to avoid high blood pressure on eq. The increased hematocrit is more of a concern with eq. If you are using eq for more than 16 weeks like you should.. Get your hematocrit checked around 10 weeks.. Donate blood if needed.
    Using 20 weeks minimum. issues like BP will be the determining factor if i can go longer. I'm gonna have to do some studying up on hematocrit. I'll definitely donate blood if it means additional protection against high BP. Thanks again.

Edit: I guess this is what you were talking about. I should get it checked to make sure my RBC % doesn't go too high?

"The hematocrit is the proportion, by volume, of the blood that consists of red blood cells. The hematocrit (hct) is expressed as a percentage. For example, an hematocrit of 25% means that there are 25 milliliters of red blood cells in 100 milliliters of blood."
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.44%

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    I'll read up on that product thanks.

CoQ10 is some good stuff. I've used high dose CoQ10 in the past for general health and BP but it's a bit too pricey for me these days.

I'll definitely take a look at what Talos has to offer. I'm looking for something potent/effective for BP.

I did take a look at this product but since it's a prop blend i can't tell how much hawthorne berry is actually in it nor does it have any celery seed extract. Do you know of anyone that's used it with success? I'm interested in seeing what ind of number drops the user/s experienced.

Using 20 weeks minimum. issues like BP will be the determining factor if i can go longer. I'm gonna have to do some studying up on hematocrit. I'll definitely donate blood if it means additional protection against high BP. Thanks again.

Edit: I guess this is what you were talking about. I should get it checked to make sure my RBC % doesn't go too high?

"The hematocrit is the proportion, by volume, of the blood that consists of red blood cells. The hematocrit (hct) is expressed as a percentage. For example, an hematocrit of 25% means that there are 25 milliliters of red blood cells in 100 milliliters of blood."

That is correct. A high hematocrit can make your blood so thick, it is essentially impossible for your heart to pump. Imagine your heart pumping water, and then pumping maple syrup, and then pumping a cake batter. As hematocrit goes up, the strain on your heart goes up as well.

Once it goes up, there is no way to bring it down other than donating. You can't do anything or take anything; and you really just can't sit around and wait, because it really will not go back down in any reasonable time frame.

Enjoy! Just get checked and all will be good. You may want to get levels checked now before you start.. so you no what you are dealing with; a baseline is always most important. EQ can be a GREAT thing and ran for a hell of a long time.. so people tolerate it extremely well, and others crit levels skyrocket. Crit is to dangerous of a thing to toy around with IMO.

EQ is one of the main AAS to take precautions pre/intra/post on.. not many other AAS need it.

^^^For educational purposes only.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

That is correct. A high hematocrit can make your blood so thick, it is essentially impossible for your heart to pump. Imagine your heart pumping water, and then pumping maple syrup, and then pumping a cake batter. As hematocrit goes up, the strain on your heart goes up as well.

Once it goes up, there is no way to bring it down other than donating. You can't do anything or take anything; and you really just can't sit around and wait, because it really will not go back down in any reasonable time frame.

Enjoy! Just get checked and all will be good. You may want to get levels checked now before you start.. so you no what you are dealing with; a baseline is always most important. EQ can be a GREAT thing and ran for a hell of a long time.. so people tolerate it extremely well, and others crit levels skyrocket. Crit is to dangerous of a thing to toy around with IMO.

EQ is one of the main AAS to take precautions pre/intra/post on.. not many other AAS need it.

Very nice post
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.3%

After reading the success that people had on here with using grapefruit to lower hematocrit levels, I gave it a shot because mine was slightly elevated. I was able to lower mine 1.8 doing nothing else. Not saying that it takes the place of donating, because donating is good anyway, but it is a very easy option to try.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.39%

Life support
    Cycle support
    Cycle assist
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

Just repeating what I read from memory what I read in another thread, Hawthorne berry needs to be preloaded as it initially causes a rise in bp before lowering it, I think 2 weeks was suggested. Something to keep in mind.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

Can't thank you enough man! I'll get blood work done before the cycle starts, at 10weeks and at 20wks to check hematocrit %.

I'm going to give Cycle Assist a try to start (preload 2 weeks before cycle starts)and drink a ton of water.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Blood pressure problem on cycle
    By chestbrah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:57 PM
  2. Blood pressure changes on Cycle?
    By rmsshelton in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
  3. what's some good High Blood Pressure supplements?
    By bullet in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 12:58 AM
  4. Supplements on Cycle
    By randall82 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 06:44 AM
  5. Superdrol + NON-Blood Pressure Supplements
    By rdj6107 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 03:39 AM