Blood Pressure supplements on cycle?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I'm just looking for a supplement/s to help with keeping my BP down on an cycle. In case you need to know it's a EQ, Test Prop and epistane cycle.

What supps would you recommend specifically for BP? what was successful for yourself and at what dose/s? Thanks for your time.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i used Hawthorne berry while on epi and it took care of the headaches i would get from high bp. took 2 caps one in morning then one in afternoon

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CEL Cycle Assist

Reactions: mw1
monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
i used Hawthorne berry while on epi and it took care of the headaches i would get from high bp. took 2 caps one in morning then one in afternoon
Do you remember what brand?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EQ will be the source of your hypertension here. With excess RBCs, you are going to have a hard time controlling it. OTC, I'd only do celery seed extract at 75mg twice a day. A high enough dose of hawthorn may be of extra help.

Mike

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
EQ will be the source of your hypertension here. With excess RBCs, you are going to have a hard time controlling it. OTC, I'd only do celery seed extract at 75mg twice a day. A high enough dose of hawthorn may be of extra help.

Mike
Yeah, the EQ was my main concern. I'll definitely give celery seed extract at 150mg/day and hawthorne berry a go.

Is there anything else short of getting a script I could use/do? Giving blood,baby aspirin, cycling diuretics, anything?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract was effective for me but makre sure its standardized for 3nB content. Thats was does the work at lowering BP.

The best OTC I have found is a product called Hypertine. It works great!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hawthorne and c0q10

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HB + Cycle Assist

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Celery seed extract was effective for me but makre sure its standardized for 3nB content. Thats was does the work at lowering BP.

^ this !! or natural factors CSE

HBE needs time to work.
CoQ10 didn't know this one worked to lower BP, interesting.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cycle assist is hands down one of the best all in one supplements and is great even off cycle. I would also add in Agmatine. I have dropped my BP from an average of 130/75 to an average of 122/72 in just over a month. It really is amazing.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle Guard

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Milk Thistle Extract (80% Silymarin) 500 mg
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) 400 mg
Hawthorne (1.8% extract) 300 mg
Saw Palmetto (45% Extract) 200 mg
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) 100 mg
Celery Seed (6:1 concentrate) 75 mg
Grape Seed (95% extract) 75 mg

Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Cycle Guard (120 Caps): Discount Cycle Guard Supplements

Cycle Assist is also a great product. Cant go wrong there. I think Nutra is out of stock on Cycle Assist though.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's cool, I didn't know you made a similar product. I am almost out of CA and they seem to be sold out everywhere I have looked, so I may give that a try.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's cool, I didn't know you made a similar product. I am almost out of CA and they seem to be sold out everywhere I have looked, so I may give that a try.
i havent checked anywhere else but Nutra. Glad I could be of help.

SPLocal

Awards
Diet and hydration, as others have suggested here, is going to be the key to getting the most out of any support regiment.

If you go the bulk ingredients route you'd be looking at grape/celery seed but be sure to look for proper standardization/extracts. I find CoQ-10 to be the most versatile ingredient mentioned thus far--if you have the cash it is well worth using as a year-round supplement.

If you are interested in a more novel formula or all-in-one product, I like to think of AL's Talos as a revamped and up-to-date reincarnation of CEL's product (in spirit). It can be found at Nutraplanet or any major online supp retailer: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/antaeus-labs/talos-120-capsules-new-improved-formula.html

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions/interest in Talos or would like some forum feedback links!

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Where is cycle guard or buy ?

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
I can speak for OG Talos. Interested in trying the new version.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
BP Stabil is a great product. Celery seed extract works good too!

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cycle assist is hands down one of the best all in one supplements and is great even off cycle. I would also add in Agmatine. I have dropped my BP from an average of 130/75 to an average of 122/72 in just over a month. It really is amazing.
This^^^

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is something from Synapsin comparing CA and Talos

Competitive Edge Lab’s (CEL) Cycle Assist
Cycle Assist is designed to be an all-in-one support solution for basic on cycle and post cycle therapy needs. Cycle Assist contains a combination of specifically dosed ingredients designed to help provide liver, blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate, and acne support (1-35).

Also, unlike many other products in its class, every herb in Cycle Assist is a standardized extract and the standardization amount is clearly identified on the label. This is extremely important because it is the amount of active ingredient that an herb is standardized for that determines the level of benefits received from it. Example: A product can be dosed very high in mg of herb powder, but standardized poorly and therefore offer very little if anything in terms of effectiveness.
This article will serve as a comprehensive guide to the most important ingredients in Cycle Assist.
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) is used in the management of drug overdose (such as acetaminophen), and acts as a mucolytic agent. The inclusion of NAC in Cycle Assist is due to its protective effects on the liver and kidney. It is possibly one of the most effective over the counter products available on the market for protecting your liver from damage (1-13).
Milk Thistle is perhaps one of the most famous herbs in the world, widely known for its liver protective effects. Research on milk thistle has suggested that it is both capable of preventing liver damage AND repairing liver damage (14-18).
Pantothenic Acid has been shown to lower free cholesterol, triglyceride counts, and total cholesterol in the liver (19).
Hawthorn Berry Extract has been shown to potentially help with chronic heart failure, fatigue, palpitations, and dyspnea (20-21).
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCl) can protect individuals from cardiovascular disease by lowering homocysteine levels in the blood (22-23).
Saw Palmetto Extract is a popular men’s health herbal product, most commonly used for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Users often take it while on cycle for prostate health benefits. It has also been suggested to help with male pattern baldness (24-28).
Celery Seed Extract has been suggested to lower blood sugar, decrease blood pressure, promote relaxation, and protect the liver from damage (29-30).
Grape Seed Extract can potentially improve symptoms of hypertension, lower high levels of blood cholesterol, inflammation, and improve liver function (31-33).
Policosanol can potentially improve your cholesterol levels by lowering levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) while simultaneously improving levels of HDL (good cholesterol) (34-35).
Antaeus Labs Talos
Since the release of CEL’s Cycle Assist, many companies have tried to release their own version of Cycle Assist, but they all pale in comparison to Cycle Assist, the best on cycle product on the market. One such product is Antaeus Labs’ product “Talos”. A comprehensive review of the literature has revealed that this product is nothing more than pixie dust, filled with many ingredients at either meaningless doses, lacking any extract information, or ingredients that have zero applications in humans (with little to no animal research either).
The only overlapping ingredients in Talos that overlaps with Cycle Assist is Vitamin B6. Cycle Assist not only states what form of Vitamin B6 we use (this actually matters), but also has a higher dosage of B6.
The main ingredients in Talos are the following:
Prunus Cerasus (Sour Cherry)
Matrine
Trans-Resveratrol
Dunaliella salina extract (10% 9-Cis-Beta Carotene)
Salicin
Astaxanthin
Prunus Cerasus (Sour Cherry) only has one real study on it. The study has no data on its usage in humans, its only data conducted on cell cultures, and it’s only suggested function is that it may act as an antioxidant. It is virtually useless for usage as an on cycle product (36).
Matrine has been suggested to act as an analgesic and an anti-cancer agent, but again, that is irrelevant to an individual running a cycle. Its anti-cancer properties (specifically breast cancer) would be more relevant for usage during PCT rather than on cycle, and it has no human data to confirm such a conclusion that is indeed effective for that usage (37-38).
Trans-Resveratrol is a very popular buzz product (and it has been the last few year), but nobody is quite sure what it actually does yet. It suffers from huge bio-availability issues (oral resveratrol bio-availability is nearly zero), and the dose in Talos (50 mg), is worthless in humans (39).
Dunaliella salina extract (10% 9-Cis-Beta Carotene) is a head scratcher. It has one study on the effects of cancer of proventriculus in mice, and a few studies evaluating its efficacy as a potential antimicrobial. This ingredient has no place in an on cycle product, and truly shows how much of a filler in is (40-41).
Salicin is the one ingredient in this product has that any real benefit, but the dosage in this product is far too low for users to feel any benefit.
Astaxanthin is similar to Dunaliella salina extract in that it is an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the eye and nervous system. Its inclusion in an on cycle product, however, is meaningless because it is primarily used by individuals to promote ocular health, which is not a real concern for those on cycle.

And there you have it, a comprehensive review of the best on cycle product on the market (Cycle Assist) versus the latest pretender (Talos). Not only does Cycle Assist include a variety of standardized herbal extracts with clinical trials in humans, but it also includes them at physiologically relevant dosages.

Sorry for the wall of text but if its definitely worth reading

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Assist is the real deal! I'm an advocate for it

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, the EQ was my main concern. I'll definitely give celery seed extract at 150mg/day and hawthorne berry a go. Is there anything else short of getting a script I could use/do? Giving blood,baby aspirin, cycling diuretics, anything?
You are not going to avoid high blood pressure on eq. The increased hematocrit is more of a concern with eq. If you are using eq for more than 16 weeks like you should.. Get your hematocrit checked around 10 weeks.. Donate blood if needed.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
This is something from Synapsin comparing CA and Talos
In order to respond comprehensively please could you link me to the original post, which includes the references your post alludes to.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

I'll read up on that product thanks.

Hawthorne and c0q10
CoQ10 is some good stuff. I've used high dose CoQ10 in the past for general health and BP but it's a bit too pricey for me these days.

Diet and hydration, as others have suggested here, is going to be the key to getting the most out of any support regiment.

If you go the bulk ingredients route you'd be looking at grape/celery seed but be sure to look for proper standardization/extracts. I find CoQ-10 to be the most versatile ingredient mentioned thus far--if you have the cash it is well worth using as a year-round supplement.

If you are interested in a more novel formula or all-in-one product, I like to think of AL's Talos as a revamped and up-to-date reincarnation of CEL's product (in spirit). It can be found at Nutraplanet or any major online supp retailer: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/antaeus-labs/talos-120-capsules-new-improved-formula.html

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions/interest in Talos or would like some forum feedback links!
I'll definitely take a look at what Talos has to offer. I'm looking for something potent/effective for BP.

BP Stabil is a great product. Celery seed extract works good too!
I did take a look at this product but since it's a prop blend i can't tell how much hawthorne berry is actually in it nor does it have any celery seed extract. Do you know of anyone that's used it with success? I'm interested in seeing what ind of number drops the user/s experienced.

You are not going to avoid high blood pressure on eq. The increased hematocrit is more of a concern with eq. If you are using eq for more than 16 weeks like you should.. Get your hematocrit checked around 10 weeks.. Donate blood if needed.
Using 20 weeks minimum. issues like BP will be the determining factor if i can go longer. I'm gonna have to do some studying up on hematocrit. I'll definitely donate blood if it means additional protection against high BP. Thanks again.

Edit: I guess this is what you were talking about. I should get it checked to make sure my RBC % doesn't go too high?

"The hematocrit is the proportion, by volume, of the blood that consists of red blood cells. The hematocrit (hct) is expressed as a percentage. For example, an hematocrit of 25% means that there are 25 milliliters of red blood cells in 100 milliliters of blood."

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll read up on that product thanks.

CoQ10 is some good stuff. I've used high dose CoQ10 in the past for general health and BP but it's a bit too pricey for me these days.

I'll definitely take a look at what Talos has to offer. I'm looking for something potent/effective for BP.

I did take a look at this product but since it's a prop blend i can't tell how much hawthorne berry is actually in it nor does it have any celery seed extract. Do you know of anyone that's used it with success? I'm interested in seeing what ind of number drops the user/s experienced.

Using 20 weeks minimum. issues like BP will be the determining factor if i can go longer. I'm gonna have to do some studying up on hematocrit. I'll definitely donate blood if it means additional protection against high BP. Thanks again.

Edit: I guess this is what you were talking about. I should get it checked to make sure my RBC % doesn't go too high?

"The hematocrit is the proportion, by volume, of the blood that consists of red blood cells. The hematocrit (hct) is expressed as a percentage. For example, an hematocrit of 25% means that there are 25 milliliters of red blood cells in 100 milliliters of blood."

That is correct. A high hematocrit can make your blood so thick, it is essentially impossible for your heart to pump. Imagine your heart pumping water, and then pumping maple syrup, and then pumping a cake batter. As hematocrit goes up, the strain on your heart goes up as well.

Once it goes up, there is no way to bring it down other than donating. You can't do anything or take anything; and you really just can't sit around and wait, because it really will not go back down in any reasonable time frame.

Enjoy! Just get checked and all will be good. You may want to get levels checked now before you start.. so you no what you are dealing with; a baseline is always most important. EQ can be a GREAT thing and ran for a hell of a long time.. so people tolerate it extremely well, and others crit levels skyrocket. Crit is to dangerous of a thing to toy around with IMO.

EQ is one of the main AAS to take precautions pre/intra/post on.. not many other AAS need it.

^^^For educational purposes only.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is correct. A high hematocrit can make your blood so thick, it is essentially impossible for your heart to pump. Imagine your heart pumping water, and then pumping maple syrup, and then pumping a cake batter. As hematocrit goes up, the strain on your heart goes up as well.

Once it goes up, there is no way to bring it down other than donating. You can't do anything or take anything; and you really just can't sit around and wait, because it really will not go back down in any reasonable time frame.

Enjoy! Just get checked and all will be good. You may want to get levels checked now before you start.. so you no what you are dealing with; a baseline is always most important. EQ can be a GREAT thing and ran for a hell of a long time.. so people tolerate it extremely well, and others crit levels skyrocket. Crit is to dangerous of a thing to toy around with IMO.

EQ is one of the main AAS to take precautions pre/intra/post on.. not many other AAS need it.

Very nice post

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After reading the success that people had on here with using grapefruit to lower hematocrit levels, I gave it a shot because mine was slightly elevated. I was able to lower mine 1.8 doing nothing else. Not saying that it takes the place of donating, because donating is good anyway, but it is a very easy option to try.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Life support
Cycle support
Cycle assist

Daxter

Daxter

Awards
Just repeating what I read from memory what I read in another thread, Hawthorne berry needs to be preloaded as it initially causes a rise in bp before lowering it, I think 2 weeks was suggested. Something to keep in mind.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

Can't thank you enough man! I'll get blood work done before the cycle starts, at 10weeks and at 20wks to check hematocrit %.

I'm going to give Cycle Assist a try to start (preload 2 weeks before cycle starts)and drink a ton of water.