Nitric Oxide, Does it work?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi all. My workouts are becoming hard to do lately. It seems like I don't have as much motivation and energy before a workout
Not that crazy pump we love,so I was looking into adding a Nitric Oxide. Does anyone know of or tried a N.O. That works really good? Am I looking for the right stuff? Anyone's advice would be great and is this supposed to be taken before the workout?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
What I use is Conquer along with KNO3. Massive pumps.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nitrates plus Agmatine will do you right.

Check into:
Enhanced
iForce Potassium nitrate + Agamtine
Condense

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going through a bottle of iForce Potassium Nitrate as we speak, I've always been a huge fan of nitrates pre workout for the ergogenic benefits. The pump is nice too :p

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:) nice to hear.
Doing my research as we speak.
Thanks

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
:) nice to hear.
Doing my research as we speak.
Thanks
Not to sound too off-putting, but does it work, yes.

Does it work for what you are looking for it to do?

I am not so sure.

If you are looking for a pump (increased vascularity following weight lifting); then the answer is yes.

If you are looking for additional energy (like that afforded by a preworkout supplement with stims), I would say no.

What are you looking for?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm looking to get pumped & hyper before my workout without any niacin or caffeine for one and two,more blood flow while I'm working & a longer workout. It seems like lately I'm just try to get it over with instead of using my full potential.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm looking to get pumped & hyper before my workout without any niacin or caffeine for one and two,more blood flow while I'm working & a longer workout. It seems like lately I'm just try to get it over with instead of using my full potential.
Well, while I would suggest Nitrates, Agmatine, etc., for pumps. I canopt agree they will help with the motivation aspects.

Others may offer other solutions, but if you are looking to get pumped up, but w/o stims, I think I'd suggest Beta Alanine, ALCAR, and (honestly) some loud, hard rock; something that gets you going.

Again, others will probably offer some stim free products, but I'll defer to them.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When is the last time you went through a deload week?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A deload week? Could you tell me what that is, I'm kinda new to the lingo.
I was doing well these last few months ... Seeing some gains & such. But now kinda seeing nothing.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A deload week? Could you tell me what that is, I'm kinda new to the lingo. I was doing well these last few months ... Seeing some gains & such. But now kinda seeing nothing.
A week where you take it easy on the heavy compound movements in order to let your "battery recharge" per se. Read up on wendlers 5/3/1 program and youll find some more info on it.

As far as seeing some gains and now not anymore, up ur kcal intake.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A deload week? Could you tell me what that is, I'm kinda new to the lingo. I was doing well these last few months ... Seeing some gains & such. But now kinda seeing nothing.
Jswain got it pretty much. When you are saying you need more motivation or to get hyped, sounds like you may need to deload for a week or take a whole week off.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok sounds good. Does that mean supplements as well?
I was kinda worried about loosing any mass if I took time off.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok sounds good. Does that mean supplements as well? I was kinda worried about loosing any mass if I took time off.
No, you don't have to stop supplementation.

You won't lose any mass as long as your diet is on point.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi all. My workouts are becoming hard to do lately. It seems like I don't have as much motivation and energy before a workout
Not that crazy pump we love,so I was looking into adding a Nitric Oxide. Does anyone know of or tried a N.O. That works really good? Am I looking for the right stuff? Anyone's advice would be great and is this supposed to be taken before the workout?

I tried it at the dentist and it was great!. I'd think the mask would get in the way during a lift though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if motivation is a factor then i'd just suggest a whole week away from the gym...for one you'll be surprised how much time you feel like you gain to really get some other things done in your life, but by the end of the week you really want to get back into the gym and kill it.....sometimes during this time off it's also good to come up with a new lifitng routine, sort of gives you something to think about and look forward to

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok , I'll try some time off. It has been at the least 3 months since I've taken a whole week off,& when I return to my workouts I think Id like to try some of that KNO3. What should I take with that?
Thanks everyone!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok , I'll try some time off. It has been at the least 3 months since I've taken a whole week off,& when I return to my workouts I think Id like to try some of that KNO3. What should I take with that?
Thanks everyone!
i'd stack the KNO3 with conquer....the nitrates will provide an awesome pumps and the conquer would work well for energy and focus during your training session

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
What quantifies as "works really good" to you?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks ! All you guys give great advice. Glad to part of this family. With everyone's help Ill be bigger & have to change my avatar name .. Lol
As far as what I consider "works really good" I guess I worded that wrong because I've never tried an NO so sorry about that. I just wanted a serious pump.

pisces.style

pisces.style

Awards
I stick by BSN's NO xplode. I will never use anything else again. Gets me motivated, in the zone, and pumped. Only advice I would have, is to get some cheap creatine monohydrate to take on non-workout days instead of the BSN so that you don't build a tolerance to the caffeine/b12.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ! All you guys give great advice. Glad to part of this family. With everyone's help Ill be bigger & have to change my avatar name .. Lol
As far as what I consider "works really good" I guess I worded that wrong because I've never tried an NO so sorry about that. I just wanted a serious pump.
Agmatine stacked with Purus Labs Condense (Nitrates) gives me some of the best pumps. Also carbs + GDA an hour or so before you lift will give you pumps of a different type. Then there is GMS which gives you pumps of yet another different mechanism.