L-Dopa (Mucuna) Stack (Dopadex)

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

L-Dopa (Mucuna) Stack (Dopadex)

I am looking at possibly running a Dopoadex-based (L-Dopa) stack. I understand L-Dopa better crosses the BBB when used in conjunction with COMT inhibitors and/or a decarboxylase inhibitor.

For this reason, I wold like your opinions and thoughts on the following stack:

Dopadex
    Green Tea Extract
    Quercetin
    Vitamin C

and, dosed separately - Vitamin B6 (in the form of P-5-P).

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48%

Well, not exactly a thought provoking topic, now is it?

In addition the the stack above, I am adding Forskolin

Anyone?

Mr.cooper69 - your thoughts please.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.23%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Sorry for the late reply, had a board exam.

You are right about L-dopa working better with enzymatic inhibitors, but green tea extract/egcg is far too weak, necessitating about 5 GRAMS orally to have any appreciable effect. The story is much worse for quercetin, which has borderline zero (yes, zero) bioavailability orally as per human studies. In general, any supplement you use with quercetin will not work. It's a classic example of an ingredient with amazing in vitro and rat data that simply cannot do much in humans (curcumin is another example).

Vitamin C won't do anything either way. I typically don't supplement vitamin C, but it can't hurt in moderation.

Forskolin won't really affect l-dopa either, but at least it does something for body composition.

So to summarize:

Dopadex- no real interactions with anything you are taking. Great for mood, libido, sleep, T levels, GH levels, etc
    Green Tea Extract - antioxidant with a truly incredible body of human data. Won't do much for BBing, but it amazes me that people on forums write off GTE. Few ingredients have better human data for illness prevention and such. And it's so cheap.
    Quercetin - worthless
    Vitamin C- unnecessary
    Forskolin - good for gaining muscle, dropping fat, increasing T/free T, increasing bone mineral density, reducing blood pressure, etc
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

You are right about L-dopa working better with enzymatic inhibitors, but green tea extract/egcg is far too weak, necessitating about 5 GRAMS orally to have any appreciable effect. The story is much worse for quercetin, which has borderline zero (yes, zero) bioavailability orally as per human studies. In general, any supplement you use with quercetin will not work. It's a classic example of an ingredient with amazing in vitro and rat data that simply cannot do much in humans (curcumin is another example).

Vitamin C won't do anything either way. I typically don't supplement vitamin C, but it can't hurt in moderation.

Forskolin won't really affect l-dopa either, but at least it does something for body composition.

So to summarize:

Dopadex- no real interactions with anything you are taking. Great for mood, libido, sleep, T levels, GH levels, etc
    Green Tea Extract - antioxidant with a truly incredible body of human data. Won't do much for BBing, but it amazes me that people on forums write off GTE. Few ingredients have better human data for illness prevention and such. And it's so cheap.
    Quercetin - worthless
    Vitamin C- unnecessary
    Forskolin - good for gaining muscle, dropping fat, increasing T/free T, increasing bone mineral density, reducing blood pressure, etc
    Thanks very much.

Is there any benefit of taking ALCAR, ALA and Choline at the same time a Dopadex (I am going to take them regardless, so its really more a matter of timing).

As to Vitamin C, I try to take 500mg every 4 or 5 hours.

Again, thank you.
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.23%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Thanks very much.

Is there any benefit of taking ALCAR, ALA and Choline at the same time a Dopadex (I am going to take them regardless, so its really more a matter of timing).

As to Vitamin C, I try to take 500mg every 4 or 5 hours.

Again, thank you.
    No benefit or detriment. Why do you use so much vitamin C? I'd only recommend a protocol like that if you are:

1. Undergoing large-scale joint/cartilage healing
    2. Immunocompromised

It's not gonna hurt you most likely, but it's more just a waste of time and money
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.12%

So to summarize:

Quercetin - worthless
    Vitamin C- unnecessary
    Dont want to hijack too much but the curcumin comment attracted my attention.I was thinking of taking it together with black pepper for cancer prevention.Would that be completely useless?
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48%

No benefit or detriment. Why do you use so much vitamin C? I'd only recommend a protocol like that if you are:

1. Undergoing large-scale joint/cartilage healing
    2. Immunocompromised

It's not gonna hurt you most likely, but it's more just a waste of time and money
    I use that amount of Vitamin C to help control Cortisol.

My job stress has been very high for the past couple of years.

Also, with heart disease as part of my family history, I thought that Linus Pauling might have known something - and its cheap and without too many side effects (500mg every 4 hours has not created bathroom issues).

Similar Forum Threads

1. L-dopa/mucuna pruriens dosage?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-09-2014, 08:29 AM
  2. DOPA Mucuna (90 Vcaps)
    By Rick Grimes in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
  3. Erase + NOW DOPA Mucuna?
    By hsk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25