At what rate does Whey degrade in water?

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it does? I love baking with whey powder to add in extra protein.
But I have always read that whey degrades in water if not consummed after being mixed.
Is there any truth in that or is it all broscience?

Would love to know if my protein is still good after cooking it and leaving it in the fridge for a few days.
Also, if it does degrade, doesn't it simply turn into amino acids?

BigHoop65

Awards
Protein is protein. It doesn't lose it's chemical bonds that way. Even if it did, it would just break down into amino acids... Which is what makes up protein anyway. I wouldn't worry about protein disappearing into thin air... Props on being creative with what to do with your protein. Shamefully I'm not there yet.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein is protein. It doesn't lose it's chemical bonds that way. Even if it did, it would just break down into amino acids... Which is what makes up protein anyway. I wouldn't worry about protein disappearing into thin air... Props on being creative with what to do with your protein. Shamefully I'm not there yet.
thanks, amazing what you can do with whey powders, look at this channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/dhftns
Much cheaper than buying protein bars :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I usually degrade my whey by shouting obscenities at it.....

BigHoop65

Awards
I will thanks... I wanna start with things like muffins and pancakes then branch out. But I'm the meat king of the house... The wife masters the rest (baking, veggies, greens, fruits, etc). I'm gonna have to refine my baking from her expertise.