Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.68%

Bio Grow

Started up some Bio Grow 2 days ago, has anyone on here tried it and/or have any experiences with the product? Taste like pure flour, mixes great, the complaint I have at the moment is the damn scooper is rather large compared to the odd shaped bottle! I'm taking 6 scoops a day, spread out 2.. 2.. 2.. I'm not looking for any input on the supplement, I'm simply looking for anyone that has experience with it and what they noticed!
    CTD LABS
    National Sales Director

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Awray08 View Post
    Started up some Bio Grow 2 days ago, has anyone on here tried it and/or have any experiences with the product? Taste like pure flour, mixes great, the complaint I have at the moment is the damn scooper is rather large compared to the odd shaped bottle! I'm taking 6 scoops a day, spread out 2.. 2.. 2.. I'm not looking for any input on the supplement, I'm simply looking for anyone that has experience with it and what they noticed!
    Am still trying to understanding comparing contrasting with pf3 have been informed is totally on the other level but alas noone has have informed to anyone have I seen in what way.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.06%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    Am still trying to understanding comparing contrasting with pf3 told is totally on the other level but alas noone has have informed to anyone have I seen in what way.
    Why bring up PF3 in a Bio-Gro thread? Your agenda is obvious.
    BOARD TYRANT
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.06%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

*yawn*
    BOARD TYRANT
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.32%

Finished off a tub last month. I followed there dosing guidelines of 1 scoop twice daily for my body weight. I noticed less soreness almost after the 3rd day. I don't think I ran it long enough to report if there was actually any growth or additional benefits from my short time with the product.
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.71%

As above really, reduced soreness noticeable immediately in my case. Other than that, not much. It MAY also have added some fullness which I noticed although could have just been a placebo. Always worth a shot to see how you respond to it!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

I'm on bottle 2 of 4... I've noticed accelerated recovery. I stepped up the weight and bio gro is getting my body to respond in kind as if I've been working with moderate weight, moderate reps. I'm 6'4 215 but I'm sticking to the sub-200 lb dosage and it still works by design. Occasionally I'll go on a 3 or 4 dose day (likely one of my leg days).

That plus my food has given me more fullness and definition. It's supposed to give you growth factors and improve protein synthesis... For sure it's doing that for me.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoop65 View Post
    I'm on bottle 2 of 4... I've noticed accelerated recovery. I stepped up the weight and bio gro is getting my body to respond in kind as if I've been working with moderate weight, moderate reps. I'm 6'4 215 but I'm sticking to the sub-200 lb dosage and it still works by design. Occasionally I'll go on a 3 or 4 dose day (likely one of my leg days).

That plus my food has given me more fullness and definition. It's supposed to give you growth factors and improve protein synthesis... For sure it's doing that for me.
    I'm pretty sure that iSatori is going to change the dosing protocol to 4 scoops a day for <200 lbs and 6 scoops a day for >200 lbs. I think that they will end up making the standard tub size @ 120 scoops. That's the impression I get looking at the new free t-shirt BOGO packaging.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.32%

I would like a differently designed bottle and/or scooper. :-)
    CTDNP5
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post

I'm pretty sure that iSatori is going to change the dosing protocol to 4 scoops a day for <200 lbs and 6 scoops a day for >200 lbs. I think that they will end up making the standard tub size @ 120 scoops. That's the impression I get looking at the new free t-shirt BOGO packaging.
    That would be cool. But ppl are getting results w/ 2 scoops per day including myself. I have enough supply to up my dosage, doesn't mean I want to lol.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

That would be cool. But ppl are getting results w/ 2 scoops per day including myself. I have enough supply to up my dosage, doesn't mean I want to lol.
    I didn't feel it do anything until I bumped it up to 4 scoops a day. Never tried 3 scoops a day so it could be very possible that 3 scoops would suffice for me :P
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

I didn't feel it do anything until I bumped it up to 4 scoops a day. Never tried 3 scoops a day so it could be very possible that 3 scoops would suffice for me :P
    What went differently for you when you added more scoops?
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

What went differently for you when you added more scoops?
    DOMS pretty much went away 2 days early (I was on ArA for awhile when I started Bio-Gro). After the ArA run, I continued to use Bio-Gro and little to no DOMS, right now I'm running ArA again and DOMS has been kept at a minimum even though this ArA run is @ 1.5 grams per preworkout as opposed to when I ran it the last time which was @ 1 gram per preworkout.

@ 2 scoops a day, nothing appreciable was felt in regards to recovery with Bio-Gro. Once I upped it to 4 scoops a day, effects on recovery was appreciable.

It's really a 4 scoop a day product for most people IMHO and I'm pretty sure that iSatori understands this now as well, thus why they are considering a 120 serving tub (most likely they will end up giving you double the servings but at the current 60 servings price). That's just what it would appear to be the case from what I can tell.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

DOMS pretty much went away 2 days early (I was on ArA for awhile when I started Bio-Gro). After the ArA run, I continued to use Bio-Gro and little to no DOMS, right now I'm running ArA again and DOMS has been kept at a minimum even though this ArA run is @ 1.5 grams per preworkout as opposed to when I ran it the last time which was @ 1 gram per preworkout.

@ 2 scoops a day, nothing appreciable was felt in regards to recovery with Bio-Gro. Once I upped it to 4 scoops a day, effects on recovery was appreciable.

It's really a 4 scoop a day product for most people IMHO and I'm pretty sure that iSatori understands this now as well, thus why they are considering a 120 serving tub (most likely they will end up giving you double the servings but at the current 60 servings price). That's just what it would appear to be the case from what I can tell.
    I'll see how that goes over the next couple weeks... Going to Vegas and stepped up on my training to get right for the wife.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.71%

do you know when this is meant to be happening?
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsy7 View Post
    do you know when this is meant to be happening?
    Lobliner is probably the only one currently privy to this info.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Does anyone else experience horrible gas on Bio Grow?
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%

Been taking it for 10 days at 4 scoops a day. Can't say I've noticed any gas issues.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Really? Damn I get it bad! It's been so bad I have had to stop it a few times much shorter then planned.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

The problem is I actually like the product. I have tried adding probiotics and ginger root caps, but no help with the room clearing gas.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    The problem is I actually like the product. I have tried adding probiotics and ginger root caps, but no help with the room clearing gas.
    Room clearing farts > pants staining sharts. Just sayin.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%

I do take a pro biotic every morning with a ginger cap for other digestive issues. I really haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary from taking bio grow. Every day I take my own mix of water, creature creatine, amino iv , alcar, & 2 scoops of bio grow & sip it all through my work day. Haven't noticed any problems.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.32%

Just picked up two tubs of Bio-Gro from the Lobliner special so I should be running this with CTD NCG and will report back.
    Last edited by cedman1; 11-21-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: less vague
    CTDNP5
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

I'm trying to figure out which is suppose to be better and if there's any legit reason for using biogrow or pf3 other than recovery. That's all I read about is " oh recovery has been great". BFD. I've found good BCAA sups work just fine for recovery.

Has cooper weighed in on either one definitively?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdfan1 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which is suppose to be better and if there's any legit reason for using biogrow or pf3 other than recovery. That's all I read about is " oh recovery has been great". BFD. I've found good BCAA sups work just fine for recovery.

I've noticed better results from biogro however I only took one tub of pf3
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdfan1 View Post

They are comparable tub to tub. So I personally recommend 2 tubs a month for most people even if you are under 200 lbs. Same goes for PF3. The deciding factor comes down to price, currently PF3 just costs substantially more than BOBO with a free shirt Bio-Gro.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

yeah I said F it and decided to give it a try. I figure 2 tubs will be a legit evaluation. grabbed some more Evol, Hemavol, and KNO3 to round out the day.

I'm interested in both products but cost was the biggest factor in which I picked. I will probably try and win some PF3 unless the cost comes down. Be interesting to compare the two.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%

I got 4 tubs on Black Friday.. will be running these for the next 2 months..
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.1%

I got a free bottle from the iSatori rep and used it over a month. Honestly didn't notice anything special. I think its just fancy packaged colostrum. Which makes me interested though to get a bottle of a good quality colostrum and give that a shot. Supposed to be great for the GI tract.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Duywayne View Post
    I got a free bottle from the iSatori rep and used it over a month. Honestly didn't notice anything special. I think its just fancy packaged colostrum. Which makes me interested though to get a bottle of a good quality colostrum and give that a shot. Supposed to be great for the GI tract.
    I'm beginning to think that people are incapable of reading labels. The label specifically lists colostrum as being the source for the petides but it also specifically lists the contents as being just peptides.

Custom Engineered Bio-Pro- Bio-Active Peptides Extracted From Mico-Concentrated Colostrum, Yielding: 1.5 **
    Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors (IGF-1, TGF Beta-2, EGF, PDGF), Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA), Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF

That is a world of difference from saying: colostrum containing the following peptides.

One is just pointing out the source of the peptides and the other is pointing out that it's colostrum which contains XYZ.

Not trying to say that your experience is false or anything, but according to the label, it's clearly not actually colostrum.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

I'm beginning to think that people are incapable of reading labels. The label specifically lists colostrum as being the source for the petides but it also specifically lists the contents as being just peptides.

Custom Engineered Bio-Pro- Bio-Active Peptides Extracted From Mico-Concentrated Colostrum, Yielding: 1.5 **
    Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors (IGF-1, TGF Beta-2, EGF, PDGF), Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA), Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF

That is a world of difference from saying: colostrum containing the following peptides.

One is just pointing out the source of the peptides and the other is pointing out that it's colostrum which contains XYZ.

Not trying to say that your experience is false or anything, but according to the label, it's clearly not actually colostrum.
    If I could add to that... The colostrum source isn't the same typical bovine source. It typically comes from a lactating cow and any time you can extract. BioGro 's colostrum comes from lactation within days of giving birth... Being the prime time for the best concentration of colostrum. Thus, beast mode recovery, growth and immune function.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

If I could add to that... The colostrum source isn't the same typical bovine source. It typically comes from a lactating cow and any time you can extract. BioGro 's colostrum comes from lactation within days of giving birth... Being the prime time for the best concentration of colostrum. Thus, beast mode recovery, growth and immune function.
    There's a logical reason for using the first lactation and it's not really to do with beast mode or anything like that. It's a simple economic reasoning. First lactation has higher concentrations of the constituents in the product thus overall they would require less raw to process. This probably costs them less than if they were to get the same ratios and concentrations of peptides using regular colostrum. I can not imagine that this did not factor in to their processing budget when they were breaking down costs.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.77%

There's a logical reason for using the first lactation and it's not really to do with beast mode or anything like that. It's a simple economic reasoning. First lactation has higher concentrations of the constituents in the product thus overall they would require less raw to process. This probably costs them less than if they were to get the same ratios and concentrations of peptides using regular colostrum. I can not imagine that this did not factor in to their processing budget when they were breaking down costs.
    I agree. I was just hoping to keep the explanation simple. This is a virtually untouched idea too... So no one else is coming in on that corner of the market threatening its availability.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.1%

That or its just a fancy way to say .. "Colostrum"

Any difference between saying Cross flow microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, or just Whey Protein Isolate?
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

That or its just a fancy way to say .. "Colostrum"

Any difference between saying Cross flow microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, or just Whey Protein Isolate?
    Microfiltered and isolate is still whey. Whey however =/= milk.

Saying that peptides extracted from colostrum ='s colostrum is the same as saying whey ='s milk. We're talking about actual content here NOT the method of processing. HUGE difference which apparently has alluded you.

Other example: You wouldn't say that whey concentrate ='s whey isolate ='s whey hydrolysate would you?

Read the label, it's worded in a very specific manner, I even bolded the important part on that label which clearly indicates in plain English that it's not colostrum but instead, colostrum is being used as the source raw to extract the peptide contents from.

Let's use another example, if you look at the PF3 label, it clearly indicates that it's serum protein having 75% bio-activity (aka, 75% of the content consists of bio-active peptides) but there's a reason why it doesn't state that the contents are peptides being extracted from serum protein, reason being that is not what the contents of the product is.

Again, just read the label. Regardless if these products are effective or not, at minimum the labels give you a good idea of what's in the tub.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.1%

Microfiltered and isolate is still whey. Whey however =/= milk.

Saying that peptides extracted from colostrum ='s colostrum is the same as saying whey ='s milk. We're talking about actual content here NOT the method of processing. HUGE difference which apparently has alluded you.

Other example: You wouldn't say that whey concentrate ='s whey isolate ='s whey hydrolysate would you?

Read the label, it's worded in a very specific manner, I even bolded the important part on that label which clearly indicates in plain English that it's not colostrum but instead, colostrum is being used as the source raw to extract the peptide contents from.

Let's use another example, if you look at the PF3 label, it clearly indicates that it's serum protein having 75% bio-activity (aka, 75% of the content consists of bio-active peptides) but there's a reason why it doesn't state that the contents are peptides being extracted from serum protein, reason being that is not what the contents of the product is.

Again, just read the label. Regardless if these products are effective or not, at minimum the labels give you a good idea of what's in the tub.
    Sounds like you're a sucker for good marketing.

Sell to the sheep.. and let the sheep preach to the herd.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.72%

Sounds like you're a sucker for good marketing.

Sell to the sheep.. and let the sheep preach to the herd.
    How is any of this marketing? Read the label, it's in plain English. Do you NOT know how to read labels?

How is it marketing when the problem at the end of the day here is that you apparently can not read and understand labels properly. I mean, you didn't even understand that there's a difference between content and processing method. You literally used whey isolate and micro-filtered whey as an example and tried to say "that's still whey!" DUH, of course it's still whey. Isolate indicates the form the whey is in. Micro-filtered is nothing more than indicating the processing being used.

Again, the Bio-Gro SPECIFICALLY states that the contents are peptides extracted from colostrum. That is completely different than saying it's colostrum which contains peptides which is what you are trying to suggest here. It's not just a difference in semantics, the two actually indicates completely different types of content.

Would you go around saying that fish oil is the same as sardines? No, because sardines are the raw materials used to produce the fish oil. Are you completely incapable of comprehending this very very very simple to understand difference?
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

How is any of this marketing? Read the label, it's in plain English. Do you NOT know how to read labels?

How is it marketing when the problem at the end of the day here is that you apparently can not read and understand labels properly. I mean, you didn't even understand that there's a difference between content and processing method. You literally used whey isolate and micro-filtered whey as an example and tried to say "that's still whey!" DUH, of course it's still whey. Isolate indicates the form the whey is in. Micro-filtered is nothing more than indicating the processing being used.

Again, the Bio-Gro SPECIFICALLY states that the contents are peptides extracted from colostrum. That is completely different than saying it's colostrum which contains peptides which is what you are trying to suggest here. It's not just a difference in semantics, the two actually indicates completely different types of content.

Would you go around saying that fish oil is the same as sardines? No, because sardines are the raw materials used to produce the fish oil. Are you completely incapable of comprehending this very very very simple to understand difference?
    wow you are far more patient and kind than I could be....
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.1%

Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just reading and reciting iSatori's marketing/label statements?

The peptides don't even make it past the GI tract so its all a mute point anyways. Like i said in my original statement its great for the GI tract which improving so leads to an improvement in several other factors in the body (immunity being the biggest one).

For those of who do not want to recite marketing statements on a hyped company label or re-read what they read on the products marketing information as factual, here is a great read on Colustrum and the GI Tract:

Colostrum and milk-derived peptide growth factors for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders1,2,3,4
    Raymond J Playford, Christopher E Macdonald, and Wendy S Johnson

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/1/5.full
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.55%

Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just reading and reciting iSatori's marketing/label statements?

The peptides don't even make it past the GI tract so its all a mute point anyways. Like i said in my original statement its great for the GI tract which improving so leads to an improvement in several other factors in the body (immunity being the biggest one).

For those of who do not want to recite marketing statements on a hyped company label or re-read what they read on the products marketing information as factual, here is a great read on Colustrum and the GI Tract:

Colostrum and milk-derived peptide growth factors for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders1,2,3,4
    Raymond J Playford, Christopher E Macdonald, and Wendy S Johnson

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/1/5.full
    it is an moot point may colostrum springforth from black sheep as well moo cows
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard

Similar Forum Threads

1. Grow taller
    By AlexParty in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 11:58 PM
  2. For those who think they won't grow anymore
    By Technics in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:19 PM
  3. Vitamin B12 and why you need it.....to grow