Bio Grow

Awray08

Awards
Started up some Bio Grow 2 days ago, has anyone on here tried it and/or have any experiences with the product? Taste like pure flour, mixes great, the complaint I have at the moment is the damn scooper is rather large compared to the odd shaped bottle! I'm taking 6 scoops a day, spread out 2.. 2.. 2.. I'm not looking for any input on the supplement, I'm simply looking for anyone that has experience with it and what they noticed!

Touey

Touey

Awards
Started up some Bio Grow 2 days ago, has anyone on here tried it and/or have any experiences with the product? Taste like pure flour, mixes great, the complaint I have at the moment is the damn scooper is rather large compared to the odd shaped bottle! I'm taking 6 scoops a day, spread out 2.. 2.. 2.. I'm not looking for any input on the supplement, I'm simply looking for anyone that has experience with it and what they noticed!
Am still trying to understanding comparing contrasting with pf3 have been informed is totally on the other level but alas noone has have informed to anyone have I seen in what way.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Am still trying to understanding comparing contrasting with pf3 told is totally on the other level but alas noone has have informed to anyone have I seen in what way.
Why bring up PF3 in a Bio-Gro thread? Your agenda is obvious.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
*yawn*

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
Finished off a tub last month. I followed there dosing guidelines of 1 scoop twice daily for my body weight. I noticed less soreness almost after the 3rd day. I don't think I ran it long enough to report if there was actually any growth or additional benefits from my short time with the product.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
As above really, reduced soreness noticeable immediately in my case. Other than that, not much. It MAY also have added some fullness which I noticed although could have just been a placebo. Always worth a shot to see how you respond to it!

BigHoop65

Awards
I'm on bottle 2 of 4... I've noticed accelerated recovery. I stepped up the weight and bio gro is getting my body to respond in kind as if I've been working with moderate weight, moderate reps. I'm 6'4 215 but I'm sticking to the sub-200 lb dosage and it still works by design. Occasionally I'll go on a 3 or 4 dose day (likely one of my leg days).

That plus my food has given me more fullness and definition. It's supposed to give you growth factors and improve protein synthesis... For sure it's doing that for me.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on bottle 2 of 4... I've noticed accelerated recovery. I stepped up the weight and bio gro is getting my body to respond in kind as if I've been working with moderate weight, moderate reps. I'm 6'4 215 but I'm sticking to the sub-200 lb dosage and it still works by design. Occasionally I'll go on a 3 or 4 dose day (likely one of my leg days).

That plus my food has given me more fullness and definition. It's supposed to give you growth factors and improve protein synthesis... For sure it's doing that for me.
I'm pretty sure that iSatori is going to change the dosing protocol to 4 scoops a day for <200 lbs and 6 scoops a day for >200 lbs. I think that they will end up making the standard tub size @ 120 scoops. That's the impression I get looking at the new free t-shirt BOGO packaging.

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
I would like a differently designed bottle and/or scooper. :)

BigHoop65

Awards
I'm pretty sure that iSatori is going to change the dosing protocol to 4 scoops a day for <200 lbs and 6 scoops a day for >200 lbs. I think that they will end up making the standard tub size @ 120 scoops. That's the impression I get looking at the new free t-shirt BOGO packaging.
That would be cool. But ppl are getting results w/ 2 scoops per day including myself. I have enough supply to up my dosage, doesn't mean I want to lol.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That would be cool. But ppl are getting results w/ 2 scoops per day including myself. I have enough supply to up my dosage, doesn't mean I want to lol.
I didn't feel it do anything until I bumped it up to 4 scoops a day. Never tried 3 scoops a day so it could be very possible that 3 scoops would suffice for me :p

BigHoop65

Awards
I didn't feel it do anything until I bumped it up to 4 scoops a day. Never tried 3 scoops a day so it could be very possible that 3 scoops would suffice for me :p
What went differently for you when you added more scoops?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What went differently for you when you added more scoops?
DOMS pretty much went away 2 days early (I was on ArA for awhile when I started Bio-Gro). After the ArA run, I continued to use Bio-Gro and little to no DOMS, right now I'm running ArA again and DOMS has been kept at a minimum even though this ArA run is @ 1.5 grams per preworkout as opposed to when I ran it the last time which was @ 1 gram per preworkout.

@ 2 scoops a day, nothing appreciable was felt in regards to recovery with Bio-Gro. Once I upped it to 4 scoops a day, effects on recovery was appreciable.

It's really a 4 scoop a day product for most people IMHO and I'm pretty sure that iSatori understands this now as well, thus why they are considering a 120 serving tub (most likely they will end up giving you double the servings but at the current 60 servings price). That's just what it would appear to be the case from what I can tell.

BigHoop65

Awards
DOMS pretty much went away 2 days early (I was on ArA for awhile when I started Bio-Gro). After the ArA run, I continued to use Bio-Gro and little to no DOMS, right now I'm running ArA again and DOMS has been kept at a minimum even though this ArA run is @ 1.5 grams per preworkout as opposed to when I ran it the last time which was @ 1 gram per preworkout.

@ 2 scoops a day, nothing appreciable was felt in regards to recovery with Bio-Gro. Once I upped it to 4 scoops a day, effects on recovery was appreciable.

It's really a 4 scoop a day product for most people IMHO and I'm pretty sure that iSatori understands this now as well, thus why they are considering a 120 serving tub (most likely they will end up giving you double the servings but at the current 60 servings price). That's just what it would appear to be the case from what I can tell.
I'll see how that goes over the next couple weeks... Going to Vegas and stepped up on my training to get right for the wife.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established

do you know when this is meant to be happening?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone else experience horrible gas on Bio Grow?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Been taking it for 10 days at 4 scoops a day. Can't say I've noticed any gas issues.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Really? Damn I get it bad! It's been so bad I have had to stop it a few times much shorter then planned.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The problem is I actually like the product. I have tried adding probiotics and ginger root caps, but no help with the room clearing gas.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The problem is I actually like the product. I have tried adding probiotics and ginger root caps, but no help with the room clearing gas.
Room clearing farts > pants staining sharts. Just sayin.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I do take a pro biotic every morning with a ginger cap for other digestive issues. I really haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary from taking bio grow. Every day I take my own mix of water, creature creatine, amino iv , alcar, & 2 scoops of bio grow & sip it all through my work day. Haven't noticed any problems.

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
Just picked up two tubs of Bio-Gro from the Lobliner special so I should be running this with CTD NCG and will report back.

Last edited:
redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to figure out which is suppose to be better and if there's any legit reason for using biogrow or pf3 other than recovery. That's all I read about is " oh recovery has been great". BFD. I've found good BCAA sups work just fine for recovery.

Has cooper weighed in on either one definitively?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm trying to figure out which is suppose to be better and if there's any legit reason for using biogrow or pf3 other than recovery. That's all I read about is " oh recovery has been great". BFD. I've found good BCAA sups work just fine for recovery.

I've noticed better results from biogro however I only took one tub of pf3

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

They are comparable tub to tub. So I personally recommend 2 tubs a month for most people even if you are under 200 lbs. Same goes for PF3. The deciding factor comes down to price, currently PF3 just costs substantially more than BOBO with a free shirt Bio-Gro.

redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
yeah I said F it and decided to give it a try. I figure 2 tubs will be a legit evaluation. grabbed some more Evol, Hemavol, and KNO3 to round out the day.

I'm interested in both products but cost was the biggest factor in which I picked. I will probably try and win some PF3 unless the cost comes down. Be interesting to compare the two.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I got 4 tubs on Black Friday.. will be running these for the next 2 months..

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
I got a free bottle from the iSatori rep and used it over a month. Honestly didn't notice anything special. I think its just fancy packaged colostrum. Which makes me interested though to get a bottle of a good quality colostrum and give that a shot. Supposed to be great for the GI tract.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got a free bottle from the iSatori rep and used it over a month. Honestly didn't notice anything special. I think its just fancy packaged colostrum. Which makes me interested though to get a bottle of a good quality colostrum and give that a shot. Supposed to be great for the GI tract.
I'm beginning to think that people are incapable of reading labels. The label specifically lists colostrum as being the source for the petides but it also specifically lists the contents as being just peptides.

Custom Engineered Bio-Pro- Bio-Active Peptides Extracted From Mico-Concentrated Colostrum, Yielding: 1.5 **
Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors (IGF-1, TGF Beta-2, EGF, PDGF), Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA), Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF

That is a world of difference from saying: colostrum containing the following peptides.

One is just pointing out the source of the peptides and the other is pointing out that it's colostrum which contains XYZ.

Not trying to say that your experience is false or anything, but according to the label, it's clearly not actually colostrum.

BigHoop65

Awards
I'm beginning to think that people are incapable of reading labels. The label specifically lists colostrum as being the source for the petides but it also specifically lists the contents as being just peptides.

Custom Engineered Bio-Pro- Bio-Active Peptides Extracted From Mico-Concentrated Colostrum, Yielding: 1.5 **
Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors (IGF-1, TGF Beta-2, EGF, PDGF), Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA), Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF

That is a world of difference from saying: colostrum containing the following peptides.

One is just pointing out the source of the peptides and the other is pointing out that it's colostrum which contains XYZ.

Not trying to say that your experience is false or anything, but according to the label, it's clearly not actually colostrum.
If I could add to that... The colostrum source isn't the same typical bovine source. It typically comes from a lactating cow and any time you can extract. BioGro 's colostrum comes from lactation within days of giving birth... Being the prime time for the best concentration of colostrum. Thus, beast mode recovery, growth and immune function.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I could add to that... The colostrum source isn't the same typical bovine source. It typically comes from a lactating cow and any time you can extract. BioGro 's colostrum comes from lactation within days of giving birth... Being the prime time for the best concentration of colostrum. Thus, beast mode recovery, growth and immune function.
There's a logical reason for using the first lactation and it's not really to do with beast mode or anything like that. It's a simple economic reasoning. First lactation has higher concentrations of the constituents in the product thus overall they would require less raw to process. This probably costs them less than if they were to get the same ratios and concentrations of peptides using regular colostrum. I can not imagine that this did not factor in to their processing budget when they were breaking down costs.

BigHoop65

Awards
There's a logical reason for using the first lactation and it's not really to do with beast mode or anything like that. It's a simple economic reasoning. First lactation has higher concentrations of the constituents in the product thus overall they would require less raw to process. This probably costs them less than if they were to get the same ratios and concentrations of peptides using regular colostrum. I can not imagine that this did not factor in to their processing budget when they were breaking down costs.
I agree. I was just hoping to keep the explanation simple. This is a virtually untouched idea too... So no one else is coming in on that corner of the market threatening its availability.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established

That or its just a fancy way to say .. "Colostrum"

Any difference between saying Cross flow microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, or just Whey Protein Isolate?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That or its just a fancy way to say .. "Colostrum"

Any difference between saying Cross flow microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, or just Whey Protein Isolate?
Microfiltered and isolate is still whey. Whey however =/= milk.

Saying that peptides extracted from colostrum ='s colostrum is the same as saying whey ='s milk. We're talking about actual content here NOT the method of processing. HUGE difference which apparently has alluded you.

Other example: You wouldn't say that whey concentrate ='s whey isolate ='s whey hydrolysate would you?

Read the label, it's worded in a very specific manner, I even bolded the important part on that label which clearly indicates in plain English that it's not colostrum but instead, colostrum is being used as the source raw to extract the peptide contents from.

Let's use another example, if you look at the PF3 label, it clearly indicates that it's serum protein having 75% bio-activity (aka, 75% of the content consists of bio-active peptides) but there's a reason why it doesn't state that the contents are peptides being extracted from serum protein, reason being that is not what the contents of the product is.

Again, just read the label. Regardless if these products are effective or not, at minimum the labels give you a good idea of what's in the tub.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Microfiltered and isolate is still whey. Whey however =/= milk.

Saying that peptides extracted from colostrum ='s colostrum is the same as saying whey ='s milk. We're talking about actual content here NOT the method of processing. HUGE difference which apparently has alluded you.

Other example: You wouldn't say that whey concentrate ='s whey isolate ='s whey hydrolysate would you?

Read the label, it's worded in a very specific manner, I even bolded the important part on that label which clearly indicates in plain English that it's not colostrum but instead, colostrum is being used as the source raw to extract the peptide contents from.

Let's use another example, if you look at the PF3 label, it clearly indicates that it's serum protein having 75% bio-activity (aka, 75% of the content consists of bio-active peptides) but there's a reason why it doesn't state that the contents are peptides being extracted from serum protein, reason being that is not what the contents of the product is.

Again, just read the label. Regardless if these products are effective or not, at minimum the labels give you a good idea of what's in the tub.
Sounds like you're a sucker for good marketing.

Sell to the sheep.. and let the sheep preach to the herd.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you're a sucker for good marketing.

Sell to the sheep.. and let the sheep preach to the herd.
How is any of this marketing? Read the label, it's in plain English. Do you NOT know how to read labels?

How is it marketing when the problem at the end of the day here is that you apparently can not read and understand labels properly. I mean, you didn't even understand that there's a difference between content and processing method. You literally used whey isolate and micro-filtered whey as an example and tried to say "that's still whey!" DUH, of course it's still whey. Isolate indicates the form the whey is in. Micro-filtered is nothing more than indicating the processing being used.

Again, the Bio-Gro SPECIFICALLY states that the contents are peptides extracted from colostrum. That is completely different than saying it's colostrum which contains peptides which is what you are trying to suggest here. It's not just a difference in semantics, the two actually indicates completely different types of content.

Would you go around saying that fish oil is the same as sardines? No, because sardines are the raw materials used to produce the fish oil. Are you completely incapable of comprehending this very very very simple to understand difference?

redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
How is any of this marketing? Read the label, it's in plain English. Do you NOT know how to read labels?

How is it marketing when the problem at the end of the day here is that you apparently can not read and understand labels properly. I mean, you didn't even understand that there's a difference between content and processing method. You literally used whey isolate and micro-filtered whey as an example and tried to say "that's still whey!" DUH, of course it's still whey. Isolate indicates the form the whey is in. Micro-filtered is nothing more than indicating the processing being used.

Again, the Bio-Gro SPECIFICALLY states that the contents are peptides extracted from colostrum. That is completely different than saying it's colostrum which contains peptides which is what you are trying to suggest here. It's not just a difference in semantics, the two actually indicates completely different types of content.

Would you go around saying that fish oil is the same as sardines? No, because sardines are the raw materials used to produce the fish oil. Are you completely incapable of comprehending this very very very simple to understand difference?
wow you are far more patient and kind than I could be....

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established

Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just reading and reciting iSatori's marketing/label statements?

The peptides don't even make it past the GI tract so its all a mute point anyways. Like i said in my original statement its great for the GI tract which improving so leads to an improvement in several other factors in the body (immunity being the biggest one).

For those of who do not want to recite marketing statements on a hyped company label or re-read what they read on the products marketing information as factual, here is a great read on Colustrum and the GI Tract:

Colostrum and milk-derived peptide growth factors for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders1,2,3,4
Raymond J Playford, Christopher E Macdonald, and Wendy S Johnson

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/72/1/5.full

Touey

Touey

Awards
Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just reading and reciting iSatori's marketing/label statements?

The peptides don't even make it past the GI tract so its all a mute point anyways. Like i said in my original statement its great for the GI tract which improving so leads to an improvement in several other factors in the body (immunity being the biggest one).

For those of who do not want to recite marketing statements on a hyped company label or re-read what they read on the products marketing information as factual, here is a great read on Colustrum and the GI Tract:

Colostrum and milk-derived peptide growth factors for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders1,2,3,4

it is an moot point may colostrum springforth from black sheep as well moo cows

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The proof is right there on the label which you have CONTINUOUSLY ignored. That LABEL that lists the CONTENTS of the product is NOT marketing material. It's simply a damn label listing the contents. What part of this is so hard for you to comprehend?

Marketing nonsense would be the claims of XYZ. THAT is NOT what the part of the label stating the CONTENTS of the tub is.

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you? You've gone from claiming that the product is just actual colostrum (which going by the label, it would prove you to be irrefutably wrong), to just making a blank "oh it's just marketing nonsense" argument, and now to efficacy. You've effectively jumped around three distinctly and entirely different points of arguments now. Bottom line is that you are suggesting it's colostrum and THAT was the point I was correcting you on, the product simply isn't actual colostrum and the label states as much. That point has NOTHING to do with efficacy and efficacy was NOT was I was correcting you on (since again, the post I replied to you on wasn't about efficacy at all, it was about you stating incorrectly what the product is and contains).

Are you just completely foreign to the English language or are you just naturally lacking in reading comprehension skills?

Touey

Touey

Awards
it is an moot point may colostrum springforth from black sheep as well moo cows
The proof is right there on the label which you have CONTINUOUSLY ignored. That LABEL that lists the CONTENTS of the product is NOT marketing material. It's simply a damn label listing the contents. What part of this is so hard for you to comprehend?

Marketing nonsense would be the claims of XYZ. THAT is NOT what the part of the label stating the CONTENTS of the tub is.

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you? You've gone from claiming that the product is just actual colostrum (which going by the label, it would prove you to be irrefutably wrong), to just making a blank "oh it's just marketing nonsense" argument, and now to efficacy. You've effectively jumped around three distinctly and entirely different points of arguments now. Bottom line is that you are suggesting it's colostrum and THAT was the point I was correcting you on, the product simply isn't actual colostrum and the label states as much. That point has NOTHING to do with efficacy and efficacy was NOT was I was correcting you on (since again, the post I replied to you on wasn't about efficacy at all, it was about you stating incorrectly what the product is and contains).

Are you just completely foreign to the English language or are you just naturally lacking in reading comprehension skills?
that wrong answer kissdadookie only if they ewe

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that wrong answer kissdadookie only if they ewe
I still can't understand you half the time, but that's ok. LoL.

But as you can see, my reply wasn't direct at you at all. Ha ha ha.

Touey

Touey

Awards
I still can't understand you half the time, but that's ok. LoL.

But as you can see, my reply wasn't direct at you at all. Ha ha ha.
only little kid my friend not goat

propho

Awards
  • Established
My quick search found this talking about peptides .. Seemed to talk about absorption of peptides in the GI tract ..

http://books.google.com/books?id=YhoIulsMpUoC&pg=PA332&lpg=PA332&dq=proline+peptides+gi+tract&********bl&ots=A6IHzFA_82&sig=VzFgA3WlW8TKtajhkur9OQRI7bI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zxagUq7XMs7UsATYZQ&ved=0CEUQ6AEwBQ

The number of people talking about quicker recovery certainly shouldn't be ignored though(or at least i couldn't ignore it). If this is being chalked up as just any old colostrum then why haven't more people been taking colostrum for recovery?

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
It's certainly boosted my recovery pretty much immediately. Run at 2 scoops per day. I'm holding off for the newer larger tubs if they ever arrive before getting more of this.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's certainly boosted my recovery pretty much immediately. Run at 2 scoops per day. I'm holding off for the newer larger tubs if they ever arrive before getting more of this.
BOGO pricing right now I would bet would end up being the pricing for larger tubs if that ever comes into fruition. That's my guess.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
BOGO pricing right now I would bet would end up being the pricing for larger tubs if that ever comes into fruition. That's my guess.
That's what I'm hoping! I hope your source is legit!! Lol

Plus it'll take extra time to reach the UK, getting pretty impatient :(

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I'm hoping! I hope your source is legit!! Lol

Plus it'll take extra time to reach the UK, getting pretty impatient :(
Not really a source, just an assessment made from the current trend over at Lobliner's and from Lobliner's video hinting at an upcoming large tub. There's also the fact that the packaging for the BOGO w/ a t-shirt deal is a special shrink wrap which essentially says the following: from feedback we now know that most of you use 4-6 scoops a day! we heard you so now with this BOGO we're giving you that extra serving free!

Lulz.

My quick search found this talking about peptides .. Seemed to talk about absorption of peptides in the GI tract ..

http://books.google.com/books?id=YhoIulsMpUoC&pg=PA332&lpg=PA332&dq=proline+peptides+gi+tract&********bl&ots=A6IHzFA_82&sig=VzFgA3WlW8TKtajhkur9OQRI7bI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zxagUq7XMs7UsATYZQ&ved=0CEUQ6AEwBQ

The number of people talking about quicker recovery certainly shouldn't be ignored though(or at least i couldn't ignore it). If this is being chalked up as just any old colostrum then why haven't more people been taking colostrum for recovery?
I was reading through some of that book you linked. It's just a google book preview so much of it is missing, but in it they do mention that a main factor of current peptide absorption being a problem has to do with having to deal with large molecules which creates a problem in terms of permeability. It points out that the high molecular weight is an issue. The peptides they are discussing are also not free-form or near-free-form peptides, they are discussing these peptides as they are contained in things like milk and of course things like actual colostrum.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I was reading through some of that book you linked. It's just a google book preview so much of it is missing, but in it they do mention that a main factor of current peptide absorption being a problem has to do with having to deal with large molecules which creates a problem in terms of permeability. It points out that the high molecular weight is an issue. The peptides they are discussing are also not free-form or near-free-form peptides, they are discussing these peptides as they are contained in things like milk and of course things like actual colostrum.
So is that good or bad for Bio-Gro? LOL I skimmed it and thought it was good for Bio-Gro? Either way, I've been on 4 scoops a day for ~3 days now.. nothing really yet to report.. had a hell of a workout today so will see how my recovery from it is..