Animal Flex vs. IBS

deadliftz

Awards
I've been taking Animal Flex about three weeks now as I've always had joint pain/discomfort and lately my knees were getting pretty bad. Seeing some improvement in that regard, but that's not why I'm so impressed with this product.

I've had pretty bad IBS since I was a child, and nothing has ever really helped. Eating a lot of fiber improves things a bit, but nothing like this. In the past three weeks I haven't had any symptoms whatsoever. Might be an off-label use, but this stuff is amazing!

Anyone out there had a similar experience, or have any idea which ingredient(s) are responsible?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I have been supplementing with ginger for arthritis, but found it helps with digestive issues as well.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ginger for sure! What helps and hurts IBS sufferers seems to vary greatly. Fiber can help or make things worse depending on the individual and the source of fiber. Ginger has always helped me a lot!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ginger and other anti-inflammatories
That.

I personally have Collagenous colitis, and while a Corticosteroid was the only thing that stopped the symptoms, I do believe some anti-inflammatory supps have helped keep it at bay.

deadliftz

Awards
Interesting. I suspected it may be the turmeric, but hadn't thought of ginger. Maybe it's both, but I think I will try supplementing with each alone after the rest of this tub and find out.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Interesting. I suspected it may be the turmeric, but hadn't thought of ginger. Maybe it's both, but I think I will try supplementing with each alone after the rest of this tub and find out.
Curcumin helps too, though that dose is low

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It's funny because that whole complex of 5 ingredients can help with GI issues, all due to the fact that they're NOT absorbed out of the GI tract. What's funny is that this is intended as a "joint" support blend, when nothing in it (besides maybe boswellia) will actually reach the joints

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also there op just a tip on the ibs. Raw aloe Vera plant helps. The white part inside.....not the skin lol.

deadliftz

Awards
It's funny because that whole complex of 5 ingredients can help with GI issues, all due to the fact that they're NOT absorbed out of the GI tract. What's funny is that this is intended as a "joint" support blend, when nothing in it (besides maybe boswellia) will actually reach the joints
So you're saying it's ineffective as a joint support?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been taking bulk whole psyllium husks combined with flavor metamucil daily for my IBS. Two tablespoons of the bulk and one tablespoon of flavored powdered stuff, in 64 oz water. Helps normalize things.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Used to be on dicyclomine, for several years, problem was they had to keep raising the dosage for it to continue being effective.