Forskolin-95 GI distress

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. So if I'm not getting GI distress from the forskolin 95 I should up my dose?. I'm already taking 150mg per day. Confused.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by lronFist View Post

    If a 95% forskolin extract does not cause increased motility/diarrhea, then it is bunk.

    So...I'm just confused about this statement.
    •   
       


  3. Your dose is fine. The forskolin isn't bunk, it's from Sabinsa. His statement was hyperbole. Many people will never get GI issues from forskolin for a variety of reasons (other supplements that slow GI motility, a genetically hypokinetic GI tract, etc)

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    Yeah, I read that was the optimal way to take it... but if it's going to cause me upset, then clearly I'm going to get upset the worst this way.
    Let me know if you find something that works. I have tried dosing it every which way and it does not seem to reduce GI distress....thanks.

  5. I don't get any GI issues with Forskolin 95, but sometimes when I take it (usually on weekends for some reason) it makes my resting heart rate increase by about 15 bpm and my pulse gets stronger, sometimes to the point where I can actually see my chest or upper abdomen move. It's actually rather unpleasant, and that's with only one cap a day.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Spindletop View Post
    I don't get any GI issues with Forskolin 95, but sometimes when I take it (usually on weekends for some reason) it makes my resting heart rate increase by about 15 bpm and my pulse gets stronger, sometimes to the point where I can actually see my chest or upper abdomen move. It's actually rather unpleasant, and that's with only one cap a day.
    Yeah, forskolin is a positive inotrope, which is actually a good thing (improves cardiac function) while also acting as a vasodilator. The net effect would be an increase in systolic BP but a drop in diastolic BP, and an overall improved cardiovascular profile.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Yeah, forskolin is a positive inotrope, which is actually a good thing (improves cardiac function) while also acting as a vasodilator. The net effect would be an increase in systolic BP but a drop in diastolic BP, and an overall improved cardiovascular profile.
    The more you teach me about Forskolin the more I am glad I loaded up on the AS sale
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So...I'm just confused about this statement.
    If you do not get the GI symptoms I mentioned earlier, then you are not consuming genuine forskolin. It's a pretty reliable litmus test, as forskolin has been used for decades as an artificial means of mimicking diarrhea-causing pathogens.

    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/10/2320.long
    http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.or...t/7/2/343.long
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16112134
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16061885
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16614995
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2311974
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16495521
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14684576
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16455334
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1329520

    et cetra

  9. neuron, you of all people know that not everyone will get GI issues at the same dose. Diarrhea may be a litmus test, but I wouldn't call it "reliable" unless we are controlling for dose, GI motility, etc.

    Even the human trials on forskolin for fat loss note that some users experienced GI upset while others didn't.

  10. My GI tract also doesn't necessarily work normally. I have had irritable bowel syndrome for 20 years.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    My GI tract also doesn't necessarily work normally. I have had irritable bowel syndrome for 20 years.
    There are many factors at play. For instance, most users stop getting GI issues after consistent forskolin use. This is indicative of adaptations taking place in the GI epithelium as well

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yeah, forskolin is a positive inotrope, which is actually a good thing (improves cardiac function) while also acting as a vasodilator. The net effect would be an increase in systolic BP but a drop in diastolic BP, and an overall improved cardiovascular profile.
    "Positive inotrope" isn't a term I was familiar with, but after looking it up, I noticed that calcium is also listed as a positive inotrope. I normally take a calcium supplement with dinner, and on Saturday, I took my F95 dose later in the day than usual--right before dinner. I noticed the elevated/stronger pulse around 8pm. Is it possible that what I noticed was due to the combination of the forskolin and calcium? If so, I might just avoid taking them within a few hours of one another.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There are many factors at play. For instance, most users stop getting GI issues after consistent forskolin use. This is indicative of adaptations taking place in the GI epithelium as well
    I found that the GI distress was pretty mild at 50mg, but I just felt crappy mentally. I stopped and started a number of times - dosing 25mg for a week, upping to 50mg etc...with food / without food. I am just left feeling mentally down. I remove and after a few days - starting feeling myself. Is this considered part of GI issues?

  14. We've had very few but we have had a small amount of testers compain of GI-Upset when using Alphamax, generally as coop said it seems the effect goes away after 4-7 days. However we had a user who continued to notice GI-upset even after that and taking his dose with a small meal seemed to curb the problem.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Spindletop View Post
    "Positive inotrope" isn't a term I was familiar with, but after looking it up, I noticed that calcium is also listed as a positive inotrope. I normally take a calcium supplement with dinner, and on Saturday, I took my F95 dose later in the day than usual--right before dinner. I noticed the elevated/stronger pulse around 8pm. Is it possible that what I noticed was due to the combination of the forskolin and calcium? If so, I might just avoid taking them within a few hours of one another.
    There is likely no interaction unless you have deranged calcium metabolism

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    I found that the GI distress was pretty mild at 50mg, but I just felt crappy mentally. I stopped and started a number of times - dosing 25mg for a week, upping to 50mg etc...with food / without food. I am just left feeling mentally down. I remove and after a few days - starting feeling myself. Is this considered part of GI issues?
    No, that's honestly the first I've heard of this

  16. Well, to update, since dropping to 50mg a day, I no longer have the issue... well, maybe EVER so slightly, but it's something I can live with lol.

  17. So I workout around 5pm what would the optimal dosage for me to take and when ? I also grabbed some dopapex at the AS sale what's suggested for this as well ?? Thanks

  18. Quote Originally Posted by WPD111 View Post
    So I workout around 5pm what would the optimal dosage for me to take and when ? I also grabbed some dopapex at the AS sale what's suggested for this as well ?? Thanks
    Depends on the dose you want to take. If it were me I would go 2 caps pre, 1 cap post, 1 cap pre-bed.

    For Dopadex, since you workout at 5pm, I would go 1 cap upon waking and 1 pre-workout and 1 pre-bed.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  19. Thanks kbayne

  20. Funny, Synthetic Supplements' Forskolin-95 at 25-50mg a day caused me great GI distress and I just felt aweful. I tried with / without food - starting at 25mg a day and trying to bump up. Never got used to it. However, I recently started ABE - and am having no problems at all. Is there a different kind of Forskolin-95 and ABE and if so, where can I get more! I have does the ABE with and without food...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    Funny, Synthetic Supplements' Forskolin-95 at 25-50mg a day caused me great GI distress and I just felt aweful. I tried with / without food - starting at 25mg a day and trying to bump up. Never got used to it. However, I recently started ABE - and am having no problems at all. Is there a different kind of Forskolin-95 and ABE and if so, where can I get more! I have does the ABE with and without food...
    Same source in ABE. And your initial experience with forksolin seems unusual. Maybe there was some other confounder?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Same source in ABE. And your initial experience with forksolin seems unusual. Maybe there was some other confounder?
    Tried it under many conditions over a number of months...up until about month ago. I already had Abe on hand before I knew I had a problem. Strange...I will have keep it up after the Abe Cycle ( 1 bottle) to see how it goes...

  23. Forskolin 95 isn't in stock anywhere

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    Forskolin 95 isn't in stock anywhere
    You must not look too hard.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  25. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    You must not look too hard.
    I just found it on a specfic site. Google wasn't too helpful, random stores I've never heard of.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Oral Anabolics and GI Distress
    By Duywayne in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 03:02 AM
  2. Do our GI's earn enough????
    By Dr of Golf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
  3. Low GI Post workout drink, really???
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
  4. Effect of Fat/Protein/High-GI Carbs Post/W
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:02 PM
  5. Article-Boiling up the facts about pasta and GI
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Log in
Log in