ALCAR, worth it?

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I've had this in pill form, not sure I've noticed much from it, but was looking to get bulk in powder form as that's so much cheaper. Is it actually worth it though? I've heard mixed things. Never quite been sure when the best time to take it is either. Any thoughts?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I've had this in pill form, not sure I've noticed much from it, but was looking to get bulk in powder form as that's so much cheaper. Is it actually worth it though? I've heard mixed things. Never quite been sure when the best time to take it is either. Any thoughts?
I stack it with stims while cutting, mental clarity and mood boost. Added to my preworkouts as well to help muscle/mind connection.
Helps with fat loss as well.

For the price of bulk powder it is a staple for me now

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I definitely recommend ALCAR, the various forms of carnitine do make it tough on a consumer though. As I like PLCAR ALCAR and LCLT quite a bit, so I have a tough time with it. I drink Compete also which has additional forms of carnitine. It just gets confusing as to which carnitine version is THE best, but I definitely would use ALCAR.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Are you finding it best at a certain time of day... e.g pre-workout? Or do spread it throughout the day? I've seen recommendations of 750-1000mg, 2-3 times a day.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'm like you, didn't feel too much the first time I used it but people on here got me to try it again. Sometimes I love ALCAR but sometimes I don't feel any, I don't notice too much of fat loss with it either...

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I usually take 250 - 500 mg of Alcar for the mental boost. It is a staple for me.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Try taking it everyday at 1-2g rather than sporadically and make sure you are also dosing before doing something mentally stimulating like study etc.

Search for a thread by coop titled me, my brain and alcar

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try taking it everyday at 1-2g rather than sporadically and make sure you are also dosing before doing something mentally stimulating like study etc. Search for a thread by coop titled me, my brain and alcar
Already linked it up above :).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Already linked it up above :).
Ah! I saw the link but because i'm on my phone I didnt think it was the same one.

Awesome stuff kbayne

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Would it be OK in the morning or pre-workout, if taking Alphamine/Forskolin/Alpha T2? Any potential issues there? Seems whether taken on empty stomach or not doesn't matter, according to Coops thread.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Would it be OK in the morning or pre-workout, if taking Alphamine/Forskolin/Alpha T2? Any potential issues there? Seems whether taken on empty stomach or not doesn't matter, according to Coops thread.
With food or without is fine and with those supplements should be fine.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will work fine with those supplements just remember to take it religiously the cumulative effects were better for me than just here and there.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
OK, makes sense. I think 1g first thing AM, and then another 1g pre-workout is going to be easiest schedule for me to maintain.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I definitely recommend ALCAR, the various forms of carnitine do make it tough on a consumer though. As I like PLCAR ALCAR and LCLT quite a bit, so I have a tough time with it. I drink Compete also which has additional forms of carnitine. It just gets confusing as to which carnitine version is THE best, but I definitely would use ALCAR.
Which additional forms of carnitine does Compete have besides the ones you mentioned? Curious

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which additional forms of carnitine does Compete have besides the ones you mentioned? Curious
Fumarate.

OP I love ALCAR. I usually either dose first thing in the AM, pre-workout, or before a meal containing carbs. I also combine most of the time with a stim and/or Na-RALA depending on the situation.

I actually just dosed 1g this morning with my Alphamine and AT2. It has been awhile since I used ALCAR, but I think I am feeling it this morning. :D

feather319

feather319

Awards
I seriously love ALCAR. It's a staple for me. I dose 1000-1500mg depending on day. 1500mg with 500mg tyrosine in the mornings takes away that morning sluggish feeling and alerts me within 15 minutes. I notice when I don't take it and miss it.

Reactions: mw1
heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Count me in for using ALCAR every day without fail. Such a versatile supplement, and it's very affordable. I use pre workout, whenever I study, whenever I go to class, and even at work.

Reactions: mw1
Johnston

Johnston

Awards
As with most supplements, is ALCAR something you adapt to after prolonged use and therefore no longer see the benefits?

feather319

feather319

Awards
As with most supplements, is ALCAR something you adapt to after prolonged use and therefore no longer see the benefits?

Not to my knowledge. I've read it is good to cycle and I've also read you don't need to. I've taken it daily for over 5 years. I tried a break but can feel my brain awaken within 15 minutes of using it so I don't cycle anymore.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you mean by most? Off the top of my head I count very few things you adapt to. As far as ALCAR goes, no, you will continually see benefit. That's why I dose every single day, and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I dose 1 g pre wo am the other dose later in the day.