creatine bcaas test?

J

Jimmer777

Awards
Alright so this may be a dumb question but is there a UA that will show if your taking creatine or bcaas? I know it's not on the list of things normally looked for but is it something that can be tested for?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Creatinine will show up on some tests, but it's not something I'd worry about. BCAAs are just amino acids so they are not going to show up on anything.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Creatinine will show up on some tests, but it's not something I'd worry about.
lol uhhh

creatinine is a measurement not of creatine, but rather of kidney function...yes altho someone taking creatine (esp high levels) may show a skewed creatinine level, and this can be a false read in some instances, for the most part thorough testing will show if there is any merit to a high creatinine value -- and it is INDEED most certainly something you should worry about, if such is the case for you

OP -- as for BCAAs showing on a "test", why would you ask this?
understand BCAA is a component of protein, something we all ingest from food items...
I do not understand your query here

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright so this may be a dumb question but is there a UA that will show if your taking creatine or bcaas? I know it's not on the list of things normally looked for but is it something that can be tested for?
Why, might I ask?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
creatinine is a measurement not of creatine, but rather of kidney function...yes altho someone taking creatine (esp high levels) may show a skewed creatinine level, and this can be a false read in some instances, for the most part thorough testing will show if there is any merit to a high creatinine value -- and it is INDEED most certainly something you should worry about, if such is the case for you
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring too. lol

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Yes, that's exactly what I was referring too. lol
yes I assumed as much
just the way you wrote it, if I was unknowledgeable on the subject what I would take away from your post is "as long as i'm on creatine if I have a high creatinine level, I should not worry"

1+2 /=/ 3 here, in that instance
simply clarifying the issue

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Creatine occurs naturally in your body and bcaas are part of any complete protein source nor are either of these supplements banned by any sporting organization so no they won't show up on any drug screen for two reasons one is that they can't the other is that no one has a reason to try