Warped Fish Oil Capsules

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm halfway through a bottle of fish oil and noticed a bunch of them are warped. Not all of the them but a few here and there. I've got a refund coming to me, but wondering if I should keep taking them. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I left them in my truck when it was warm outside. Some stuck together, some warped. I put them in the fridge (seemed like a good idea?)

Anyways, I still took them and I'm not dead.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I left them in my truck when it was warm outside. Some stuck together, some warped. I put them in the fridge (seemed like a good idea?)

Anyways, I still took them and I'm not dead.
Yeah it was a bottle I ordered back in August. Left in the cabinet till a little while ago when I put them in the fridge. All fish oils I keep in the fridge after opening.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it was a bottle I ordered back in August. Left in the cabinet till a little while ago when I put them in the fridge. All fish oils I keep in the fridge after opening.
Prick one, if it smells, toss the lot.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im pretty sure this is common.. just opened some mint F/O and there is a couple flatties. so I ate them..
am I gun die?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A warped one or a normal looking one?
Either. Fish oil has the stuff removed that real fish has that makes you gag after eating it when its spoilt.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either. Fish oil has the stuff removed that real fish has that makes you gag after eating it when its spoilt.
Ok I pierced one with a knife. It just smells like fish, not very strong though. I have to take a huge whiff and put my nose right up to it to actually smell anything.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ok I pierced one with a knife. It just smells like fish, not very strong though. I have to take a huge whiff and put my nose right up to it to actually smell anything.
I lol'd and kinda gagged at teh same time here

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You'll know if it smelled rancid. If its a light fish smell then it should be ok. Its like buying fish from the store, the less like fish it smells, the fresher it is.