'mild pct' after pulse cycle

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
so i did a pulse cycle of epistane (this is wk8). 8 weeks, 3x/week. and from my understanding the point of a pulse cycle is so that pct is not required (among other things like lowered side effects), which is why i did a pulse cycle. i had done a straight 4-week super-dmz (og) cycle last year w/a 'proper' pct (using clomid from the now defunct MP Research) and i ended up fat. ANYWYAS, i have decided to do a 'mild pct'. so here goes, pls lmk what ur thoughts. thanks.

PES - Erase
Muscletech - D.A.A.
Beast Sports - Creature
Muscle Pharm - Z-Core PM

OH and btw...if you've never actually done a pulse cycle, don't bother sharing ur thoughts, as they are irrelevant.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
for a pulse id just use reversitol, erase or complete PCT. all are over the counter and should be plenty for you to get leveled out.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
thanks. so what i've got listed is straight then, right?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I guess?

I don't understand the point of pulsing, but whatever. Couldn't you just run half as long a cycle and not do a pct according to pulse logic?

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
I guess?

I don't understand the point of pulsing, but whatever. Couldn't you just run half as long a cycle and not do a pct according to pulse logic?
Originally Posted by Dr.D
A lot of guys have been asking me to clarify my method on this cycling technique, so here's a good explanation if you're interested in trying this. It can generally be applied to any steroidal compound.

What is "pulse" cycling? Pulsing is a method of dosing a product designed to intentionally avoid potential long term side effects such as HPTA suppression and liver damage. This technique is usually applied as a means of toxicity control when potent corticoids are used on children requiring long term therapy. However, this method can really be applied to anyone using any oral steroid with great success and significantly reduced side effects. With pulsing, the serious, long term side effects of chronic oral treatment are avoided and short term side effect, like acne and mineral retention, are milder that usual. This also allows for higher doses to be used since the dosing is less frequent. For example, if you would normally take a product at 30mg/day for a week, that means a total intake of 210mg/week. With pulsing, you might take 40mg on work out days only 3 times per week and that only comes out to 120mg/week total! This provides the needed benefits of the product at the most crucial times, which are just before and just after a work out, and offers a means of strongly attenuated suppression of endogenous steroid production. In other words, you can pulse a compound for 6-8 weeks usually before you realistically need to start thinking about a conventional post cycle therapy. In fact, after a 4 week pulsing cycle, PCT should not even be required in most cases!

Basically, if you dose every day (ED) in perfectly spaced doses, you will achieve 100% effect, 100% short term side effects and 100% long term side effects. If you dose every other day (EOD) like the pulse protocol, you still get about 60% effect and 75% short term sides but only about 40% of the long term sides. That's not a bad trade off and very economical on the body and the wallet too! Of course, if you would have gained 10 pounds on a normal 1 month cycle, this means you will only gain about 6 pounds pulsing, but it also means you can do this for twice as long as a normal cycle. That equals about 2 months worth of worry free dosing, so the net effect is a gain of about 12 pounds over 2 months instead of 10 pounds over 1 month. This structure offers fewer sides and a milder post cycle therapy requirements (if even needed at all) plus the slower gains tend to have a better residual that is more likely to be permanent compared to faster gains. It's a great long term strategy and good for newer users too looking to run fast, clean cycles for 1 month with no PCT needed later.

There are two good approaches to it:
1) EOD
2) 2 days on / 2 days off

Depending on your workout schedule, I would use one of these two options for optimal pulsing efficiency. Doses can usually be high (like 40-50mg instead of 20-30mg) but take them close together preferably before 6pm. It's not crucial you take the last dose before 6pm, but the earlier the better at avoiding shut down. Take half of the total dose pre work out and half post work out instead of spread out evenly over the whole day like a normal cycle. If an odd dose is to be used, like 30mg, take the majority pre work out (so 20mg pre/10mg post). When pulsing, dose at least 3 times per week but not more than 4 times.

Also important to remember is nutrition. Have a good, high calorie post work out meal and eat sufficient protein, especially on off days. Off days are also a good time to take a cortisol antagonist or even just low dose DHEA (25-50mg) if you are a slow healer or hard gainer especially. Although pulsing is a great way to avoid suppression, if you are extra sensitive to shut down or using a compound that will normally cause very fast shut down, an AI based test booster can be administered on off days or daily to further punctuate the hormonal "bounce back" in the quest to avoid the need for post cycle therapy post cycle. The bounce back phenomenon is an effect that is often noted when pulsing. It is not uncommon for testicular size and testosterone levels to increase above baseline on consecutive off days or after the cycle is over. This is like a built in PCT effect you may experiences after properly pulsed hormone use. As a teen, I was able to employee this method successfully for 3 years without needing a PCT, so I can say it works very well! In pulsing, it is also important to remember that the smaller number of dose exposures means faster liver clearance. Normal safety ancillaries like healthy oils and lipid supplements are advised, but be modest with liver products like milk thistle. They are generally counter productive and therefore not advised while pulsing, except with very toxic or potent compounds. Cycle safe!

Example of a 3x/wk pulse M,W,F:

Week/Dose(mg)
1 (10,20,30)
2 30
3 30-40
4 30-40
5 30-50
6 30-50
7 30-60
8 30-60

Example of a 4x/wk pulse Sat,Sun & Wed,Thur:

Week/Dose(mg)
1 (10,20,30,30)
2 30
3 30-40
4 30-40
5 30-50
6 30-50
---

And from my understanding of 'pulse logic' - No, you can't.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
idk who Dr.D is, and dont care. I would do a proper pct regardless. He's not the one who has to deal with the long term outcomes.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
If you use anabolics you run a legit PCT. Period. Pulsing is geared to reduce sides. It'll shut you down just the same. If you don't want to go buy so e clomid for 30 bucks and risk losing everything and grow some tits, go for it. In all seriousness clomid and nolva are insurance for any steroid cycles.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
If you use anabolics you run a legit PCT. Period. Pulsing is geared to reduce sides. It'll shut you down just the same. If you don't want to go buy so e clomid for 30 bucks and risk losing everything and grow some tits, go for it. In all seriousness clomid and nolva are insurance for any steroid cycles.
jus wondering...have you ever done a pulse cycle?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
My first question is who is Dr. D? I ask because if it is some D-bag in his basement typing this up and just going by theory, sounds bad to me. Has always been my belief that if one does anabolics, PCT is a MUST. Using things like reversitol, intimidate, and tropinol are good to use. But its your body, and if you think you dont need a PCT, I would hate for you to be wrong.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
what did u pulse, and what did ur pct look like?
Did superdrol once and epi once. I ran a standard pct with either clomid or nolva erase and daa. Don't remember what I had on hand but I do know I used a SERM

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pulse cycles IMO, are a terrible idea. Hmm, lets fluctuate hormones all over the place? Whenever I fluctuate hormones by adding things in or taking them out, life sucks for a few days. I feel like crap and side effects kick up into high gear.

I have though, recovered just fine with Reversitol V2 and Intimidate in the past on msten.

Mike

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so i did a pulse cycle of epistane (this is wk8). 8 weeks, 3x/week. and from my understanding the point of a pulse cycle is so that pct is not required (among other things like lowered side effects), which is why i did a pulse cycle. i had done a straight 4-week super-dmz (og) cycle last year w/a 'proper' pct (using clomid from the now defunct MP Research) and i ended up fat. ANYWYAS, i have decided to do a 'mild pct'. so here goes, pls lmk what ur thoughts. thanks.

PES - Erase
Muscletech - D.A.A.
Beast Sports - Creature
Muscle Pharm - Z-Core PM

OH and btw...if you've never actually done a pulse cycle, don't bother sharing ur thoughts, as they are irrelevant.
You should be fine with what you have listed. How did you like your pulse cycle btw.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
My first question is who is Dr. D? I ask because if it is some D-bag in his basement typing this up and just going by theory, sounds bad to me. Has always been my belief that if one does anabolics, PCT is a MUST. Using things like reversitol, intimidate, and tropinol are good to use. But its your body, and if you think you dont need a PCT, I would hate for you to be wrong.
he is a respected member of this board and hes been on for a while. i tried to link up his profile, but since i'm new to this forum i was unable to. do a search if u care to "Dr.D"...oh and what i re-posted was written by him, he says he has used this method himself.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
You should be fine with what you have listed. How did you like your pulse cycle btw.
Thank YOU VERY much! the pulse cycle was kool...obvi no comparison to the super-dmz cycle i did.

the gains were mild. i was able to shed fat and keep lean muscle. began at 187 @ 21%, now at 166 @ 15%, had i done a better job on my diet i may have had better results. increase in strength was awesome. i plan to do another epi pulse cycle in a few months.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of your assumptions or those of Dr. D if you don't get blood work they are nothing g but assumptions! You should just assume you have suppressed your natural hormones to do anything less is irresponsible and will do nothing but encourage others to take this horrible idea seriously.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
Regardless of your assumptions or those of Dr. D if you don't get blood work they are nothing g but assumptions! You should just assume you have suppressed your natural hormones to do anything less is irresponsible and will do nothing but encourage others to take this horrible idea seriously.
which "horrible idea"? cos if ur referring to pulsing or even how i'm doing my mild pct as a "horrible idea"...dont bother answering, as you are an idiot. using anabolic steroids, then using SERMS is a horrible idea in itself. essentially - fcukin w/ur hormones jus for the sake of bodybuilding is a horrible idea. hmm...increase testosterone, decrease estrogen...repeat...

so dont act as if you are smarter than me or anyone else jus cos u do straight forward cycles. messing w/the endocrine system is not smart AT ALL - in ANY form. ESPECIALLY when you're using 'research chemicals' and w/o a actual M.D.'s supervision. i dont go around saying 'oh yeh pusling is awesome - its better than not pulsing.' this isnt my first rodeo. it IS my first pulse cycle. this isnt an attack of criticism on anyone here xcept YOU, moron.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check out Alphamax to run after your Pulse, has 75mg Arimistane, 50mg 95% Forksolin, L-Dopa and Divanil. Give it a try, youll love it!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Try some Intimidate SRT on your PCT for the pulse cycle. Should help quite a bit.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
he is a respected member of this board and hes been on for a while. i tried to link up his profile, but since i'm new to this forum i was unable to. do a search if u care to "Dr.D"...oh and what i re-posted was written by him, he says he has used this method himself.
many respected (and non-respected) members will have differing opinions to share -- that is what this forum is all about, to discuss/discover ideas and theories

just because one dissents from the view that YOU yourself would like to see encouraged, does not make it wrong, or moronic, or asinine

seems like you need to chill a bit..

this
I side with this, personally

which "horrible idea"? cos if ur referring to pulsing or even how i'm doing my mild pct as a "horrible idea"...dont bother answering, as you are an idiot. using anabolic steroids, then using SERMS is a horrible idea in itself. essentially - fcukin w/ur hormones jus for the sake of bodybuilding is a horrible idea. hmm...increase testosterone, decrease estrogen...repeat...

so dont act as if you are smarter than me or anyone else jus cos u do straight forward cycles. messing w/the endocrine system is not smart AT ALL - in ANY form. ESPECIALLY when you're using 'research chemicals' and w/o a actual M.D.'s supervision. i dont go around saying 'oh yeh pusling is awesome - its better than not pulsing.' this isnt my first rodeo. it IS my first pulse cycle. this isnt an attack of criticism on anyone here xcept YOU, moron.
again (personally), I don't care for the idea of pulsing either -- so, you have many nays here, in that regard

I would reiterate the idea tho:
a proper PCT is required ANY time you do steroids, and how you dose does not matter in the grand scheme of things, you are taking unnecessary chances by not utilizing proper hormonal protocol

i had done a straight 4-week super-dmz (og) cycle last year w/a 'proper' pct (using clomid from the now defunct MP Research) and i ended up fat.
your getting fat had nothing to do with any compound you were doing, and everything to do with what you were feeding your face with

a better understanding of nutritional intake would seem to help you greatly, i'd encourage you to peruse this line of investigation

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established

I shouldn't even respond to this ridiculously uneducated response but...

Really I'm the moron while you're advocating a roller coaster for your endocrine system with ZERO blood work? You have no idea at all if you are suppressed and are still defending this idea as a good one with no SERM!

I'm not getting in a pissing match on a board with some kid who has obviously never done any real research. For your own well being do some reading.

:banghead:

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
I shouldn't even respond to this ridiculously uneducated response but...

Really I'm the moron while you're advocating a roller coaster for your endocrine system with ZERO blood work? You have no idea at all if you are suppressed and are still defending this idea as a good one with no SERM!

I'm not getting in a pissing match on a board with some kid who has obviously never done any real research. For your own well being do some reading.

:banghead:
...but you did, kid.

and YES you are most def the moron, since i never ever once advocated pulsing, infact i even stated that i did not say pulsing was better. i said that I did a pulse cycle and I needed advice.

or is it jus that you dont know what the word advocate means? let me help you out.

ADVOCATE:
verb (used with object) 1. to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument

are you referring to the re-post of Dr.D's post as my advocation? if so, look at it again dummy. it was posted cos some guy had said he didnt understand the logic of pulsing. i think YOU are the one who needs to do some reading and apparently re-reading. and do it s-l-o-w-l-y as not to hurt ur self

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
your getting fat had nothing to do with any compound you were doing, and everything to do with what you were feeding your face with

a better understanding of nutritional intake would seem to help you greatly, i'd encourage you to peruse this line of investigation
thank you...i have.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
More than enough mate. I've run several epistane pulse cycles and I've only ever used a single AI and have recovered very quickly. And I have added muscle, not as easily or as quickly as a standard cycle, but I was happy with a gain of 6-8 lbs over 6 weeks.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
...but you did, kid.

and YES you are most def the moron, since i never ever once advocated pulsing, infact i even stated that i did not say pulsing was better. i said that I did a pulse cycle and I needed advice.

or is it jus that you dont know what the word advocate means? let me help you out.

ADVOCATE:
verb (used with object) 1. to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument

are you referring to the re-post of Dr.D's post as my advocation? if so, look at it again dummy. it was posted cos some guy had said he didnt understand the logic of pulsing. i think YOU are the one who needs to do some reading and apparently re-reading. and do it s-l-o-w-l-y as not to hurt ur self

OK ill just repeat myself for you...

"Regardless of your assumptions or those of Dr. D if you don't get blood work they are nothing but assumptions! You should just assume you have suppressed your natural hormones to do anything less is irresponsible and will do nothing but encourage others to take this horrible idea seriously."

Your are making assumptions ! You are unable to argue that, Want to try? OK post blood work...UNTIL THAT TIME YOU CAN KEEP NAME CALLING....

And please, if you want to go down the road of picking apart posts lets take a look at your posts? "cos" I am thinking "u jus" might not look to good after that "xcept" The question is will "u" even see the irony?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As others have said, dont risk longer shut down than needed, do a proper pct dont half ass it.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I used Reversitol V2 and Intimidate SRT on my 1st cycle PCT and had good results!