Galantamine

klind14

Awards
Has anyone recently used galantamine on a daily basis (or is it not safe for daily use and something like cdp choline should be used instead)? If so, what dosage did you find to be most effective for focus, memory and brain fog issues? I'm also considering stacking it with noopept.

klind14

Awards
Domore,

Thank you for the response. That article (and the auther's posts in another forum) is what first got me interested in using galantamine. However, since it's pretty pricey, I thought I'd see if others have already tried it and what their experiences were. I'm currently thinking 8 mg twice each day...either alone or combined with 10 mg of noopept.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some reason I feel absolutely nothing from my galantamine. They are 8mg caps. I have taken 16mg

I can feel 200mcg of huperzine but nothing from 16mg galantamine

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have a small batch on hand. I've tried one 8mg dose so far in the morning and the first half of the day felt like I had taken a huge dose of ALCAR + caffeine for several hours but then my mood soured badly and I felt depressed and negative for the rest of the day. I haven't tried it again but will this week.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
Looked into this stuff a while ago for lucid dreaming purposes. Never pulled the trigger though, still semi-interested in peoples experiences with it

domore

Awards
For some reason I feel absolutely nothing from my galantamine. They are 8mg caps. I have taken 16mg

I guess we can chalk one up for individualistic nature of nootropics; individual selection and dosing is key to nootropics.

I do prefer galantamine over huperzine based on galantamine's ability to increase Ach and to modulate nAch receptors.

If one is going to use galantamine, a good place to start is 4mg, and then pyramid to 16mg. However, I think a simple choline source (e.g., citicoline, Alpha GPC, phosphatidylcholine) would be sufficient for what most people want to achieve.

Source: neuron and coop

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Same with me.

klind14

Awards
Well, a friend of mine actually had some galantamine capsules (he never tried them) and I decided to give it a try. I took one 8 mg capsule this afternoon. An hour later I experienced extreme brain fog. However, it started going away after an hour or two. Afterwards I just felt calmer and in a better mood (nothing extreme...just happier). I'll continue with one or two capsules each day to see if the results improve.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I'm a pretty big fan. Usually just at 8mg per day. Sometimes up to 16mg. As with most things it won't rock your world, but it definitely helps me.

klind14

Awards
haiz69,

Did you take the 8 mg/day at one time (like first thing in the morning) or split in two 4 mg doses (morning and afternoon)? I'm thinking about doing the later option with cdp choline (250 mg) and noopept (10 mg). I just found the last couple days that 8 mg at once is a bit too strong for me.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I took 8mg at a time in the AM. My stack typically also consists of piracetam, ALCAR, Alpha-GPC, Theanine, and Ani/oxiracetam.

Also take Bacopa/Ashwaganda/Rhodiola.

klind14

Awards
Haiz69,

Did you find it necessary to still take alpha gpc with your stack when also taking galantamine or were the effects of galantamine sufficient for the racetams in yor stack? I'd like to take as few nootopics as necessary to help with my memory/anxiety/focus problems and wonder if galantamine (8-16 mg per day) alone with noopept would work just as well or better than cdp choline (either alone or combined with a lower dose of galantamine).

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Haiz69,

Did you find it necessary to still take alpha gpc with your stack when also taking galantamine or were the effects of galantamine sufficient for the racetams in yor stack? I'd like to take as few nootopics as necessary to help with my memory/anxiety/focus problems and wonder if galantamine (8-16 mg per day) alone with noopept would work just as well or better than cdp choline (either alone or combined with a lower dose of galantamine).
It probably isn't necessary to continue to take the GPC, but I like depending on how many other racetams I am stacking. If you are just using a few you should be fine.

I would suggest just starting with the galantamine and adding a choline source if you feel it is necessary. You will know pretty quickly if you need it or not.

klind14

Awards
haiz69,

Thank you for your reply. However, I've decided to go back to my original stack of Aniracetam and CDP Choline (also might include a low dose of Vinpocetine), 3 times each day. Even though I'd only been taking the galantamine and noopept for one week, I just didn't care much for the results. I realize it's not really enough time to really evaluate them but I was also getting a little concerned about jumping too fast into some of the stronger nootropics and thought it might be smarter to go with something a little more established or tested by others.

If anyone has other ideas at to what might stack well with Aniracetam and CDP Choline (and possibly Vinpocetine), please feel free to suggest away. I'd really be insterested in something that might help with my overall tired feeling due to sleep deprivation (which isn't likely to improve anytime soon due to my newborn son).

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with Aniracetam + CDP. That is one of my favorite stacks.

Noopept isn't my favorite nootropic personally. Good for certain things, but it isn't something I use as often as Ani/Oxi.

As for overall tired feelings, I assume you don't mean a stimulant - or do you? For a variety of purposes I love Bacopa/Ashwagandha. Increases in memory/vitality/reduced anxiety. So many positives of each.

klind14

Awards
Definitely not a stimulant. They help with the tired feeling but also increase my anxiety too much. Thank you for the suggestion of Bacopa and Ashwagandha. I'll have to read up on those a litttle more since I'm not very familiar with them. Have you found them to work better than rhodiola rosea (which only made me tired...I may have been taking too high a dose though)?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I prefer the two I mentioned to Rhodiola. Bacopa could make you a bit sleepy, but I have never personally noticed it. Ashwaganda (Sensoril brand is my #1) would be great.

Check out examine.com for some information.

klind14

Awards
Great! Thank you very much for the recommendation and link for additional information (that site is great).

klind14

Awards
Haiz69,

Ashwaghanda definitely sounds like the perfect adaptogen for me. I'm going to order some of that and give it a try (Jarrow with Sensoril). What dosage have you found to be most beneficial? Dosages online seem to vary between 500 mg and 750 mg. I'm thinking maybe 675 mg (225 mg three times per day). So, my stack so far is Aniracetam (750 mg), CDP Choline (250 mg) and Ashwaghanda (225 mg) three times each day. The only other item I was thinking about adding to the stack is Vinpocetine (5 mg) or Ginkgo Biloba (120 mg). Do you have experience with either one of those or do you think they would even add anything beneficial to the stack?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
You can take 2-3 a day. You could start with 2 and work up from there if you feel like you need to. Not sure if funds are an issue or not. Ginko I have had mixed results with personally. I would go with Ashwaghanda to start and then add from there. Vinopectine in reasonable doses is a good addition.

Personally, other than Ashwaghanda I would add 2 grams of ALCAR per day. Absolutely ADORE the stuff.

klind14

Awards
Haiz69,

Thank you again for all the great information you've provided. After reading up on Ashwagandha today, it definitely sounds like a great product. I went ahead and ordered it. I'll take your recommendation and start with Ashwagandha and add anything else (Aniracetam, CDP Choline, Vinpocetine and/or ALCAR) after evaluating its effects first. Money is somewhat of an issue. Also, I would like to limit the number of seperate products I have to take each day (don't want to be taking half a dozen things at once) to help with my focus, memory, anxiety, etc. issues. So, Ashwagandha seems like a great place to start (especially with it being so cheap).

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Vinpo has been working very well for me stacked with piracetam or ani and Alpha-GPC. I'm a long time ashwagandha fan but have recently started using Bacopa in the AM and I have felt a fantastic sense of relief from stress coupled with a notable mental boost in alertness and overall cognitive performance. Mood has been pleasant and more than anything, pleasant in a stable sort of way.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Haiz is good people.

As always, you want a quality extract for any adaptogen. PES Alpha-T2 gives you the full studied dose and extract of Bacopa, proven in humans to improve mood, cognition, and more.

klind14

Awards
Bacopa also sounds interesting. I might give that a try after Ashwagandha.

I just checked out Alpha-T2. I'm not very familiar with most of the items it contains. I'll have to do more research on those.

klind14

Awards
Haiz69 (or anyone else that's tried Ashwagandha),

Have you been taking Ashwagandha on an empty or full stomach? I've been finding conflicting information on how best to take it.

klind14

Awards
Bioman - Thank you. I was wondering if that's why there were so many conflicting opinions on other sites (and between various product directions). I'll just take it with food then since that seems like the easiest way to space three capsules each day (with breakfast, lunch and dinner).

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I take mine with food.