Leucine supplementation?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Leucine supplementation?


    As anyone used straight Leucine before and got results? For example 4g with each meal?


  2. You're better off taking it between meals or when you can't have a good meal. Five grams three times a day. One serving pre-workout on an empty stomach, one post workout 30 minutes before a meal, and one pre-bed. Or if you wake in the middle of the night, maybe take a serving, instead of the pre-bed one.
    •   
       


  3. Is it worth a buy?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Christurner14 View Post
    Is it worth a buy?
    I think so.. Hopefully nutraplanet gets more in soon. It's not something dramatic but will definitely help you hang on the muscle mass in the long run, especially while dieting.

  5. T-Bone with the solid recommendations as always.

    No need to take it with meals, but it is useful pre and post workout and in between meals.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    T-Bone with the solid recommendations as always.

    No need to take it with meals, but it is useful pre and post workout and in between meals.
    This.

    3-5g pre-workout from SNS Leucine Powder or Analyzed Supplements Leucine Tabs is how I get mine nowadays.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    This.

    3-5g pre-workout from SNS Leucine Powder or Analyzed Supplements Leucine Tabs is how I get mine nowadays.
    MAN Sports f-leucine works better ;-)

    Seriously though, I only use man sports and SNS
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You're better off taking it between meals or when you can't have a good meal. Five grams three times a day. One serving pre-workout on an empty stomach, one post workout 30 minutes before a meal, and one pre-bed. Or if you wake in the middle of the night, maybe take a serving, instead of the pre-bed one.
    This

    Spread meals 4-6 hours apart
    dose 5g between

    Here:

    http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/u...-Tech-2008.pdf
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/prote..._frequency.pdf
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  10. $40 for 100g of fermented leucine? No thanks. Can get SNS much cheaper and use Analyzed Supplements Tabs when I don't want powder.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  11. I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

    What's it's texture/mix ability like?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

    What's it's texture/mix ability like?

    Personally, I just take a scoop and put in my mouth and wash it down with water. I never mix it. Leucine doesn't mix well, it shouldn't anyway.
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Another option is always to just use a high leucine content BCAA product between meals, I've been doing this with USP BCAA+ for some time now. More expensive option but has other benefits and I've become a bit addicted to the watermelon

    Can be found on sale buy 2 get one free atm, on a certain unmentionable site
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    $40 for 100g of fermented leucine? No thanks. Can get SNS much cheaper and use Analyzed Supplements Tabs when I don't want powder.

    Yep.
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Another option is always to just use a high leucine content BCAA product between meals, I've been doing this with USP BCAA+ for some time now. More expensive option but has other benefits and I've become a bit addicted to the watermelon

    Can be found on sale buy 2 get one free atm, on a certain unmentionable site
    5g is all you need.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    $40 for 100g of fermented leucine? No thanks. Can get SNS much cheaper and use Analyzed Supplements Tabs when I don't want powder.
    These are the 2 products I'm looking at. When you dose the caps, you take 5 or more or less? Just curious on other people dosing I guess

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    These are the 2 products I'm looking at. When you dose the caps, you take 5 or more or less? Just curious on other people dosing I guess
    .045-.06 g/kg of bodyweight (I usually just do .05 g/kg bc that is the easiest math ). That works out to 3-5g (3 for a littler guy like me and 5g for some of the bigger guys ).
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Another option is always to just use a high leucine content BCAA product between meals, I've been doing this with USP BCAA+ for some time now. More expensive option but has other benefits and I've become a bit addicted to the watermelon Can be found on sale buy 2 get one free atm, on a certain unmentionable site
    I really want to just throw 4 scoops in my gallon jug and drink the watermelon all day....but sadly I contain myself and have 1 scoop, 4x's/day :-D
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  19. So, about fermented leucine products

    Did you know that virtually all amino acid supplements have been generated via fermentation since the 1960s and that fermented leucine is just a buzzword?

    Furthermore, the fermentation process took over because it is more cost effective than enzymatic and extraction based amino acid synthesis.

    So ask yourselves, why are companies taking something that is cheaper to produce and selling it at dramatically inflated prices and claiming any sort of benefit over other leucine products (which are in extreme likelihood also fermented)?
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

    What's it's texture/mix ability like?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Personally, I just take a scoop and put in my mouth and wash it down with water. I never mix it. Leucine doesn't mix well, it shouldn't anyway.
    What T-Bone said. Its rather rough tasting so dropping in a scoop and chasing it works best for me.

    But Leucine is the alpha amino acid in that most of the data you see regarding BCAA and mTOR activation is because of Leucine.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  21. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    So, about fermented leucine products Did you know that virtually all amino acid supplements have been generated via fermentation since the 1960s and that fermented leucine is just a buzzword? Furthermore, the fermentation process took over because it is more cost effective than enzymatic and extraction based amino acid synthesis. So ask yourselves, why are companies taking something that is cheaper to produce and selling it at dramatically inflated prices and claiming any sort of benefit over other leucine products (which are in extreme likelihood also fermented)?
    Love these kind or facts. Simple. To the point. Thanks man!
    *strong supplement shop rep*

    Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

    What's it's texture/mix ability like?
    if you let it sit it mixes. Tastes bitter. Can't drink is by itself. I add crystal lite.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  23. So it's effective just on its own then? Might buy some now

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Christurner14 View Post
    So it's effective just on its own then? Might buy some now
    Yep. It is the amino responsible for protein synthesis
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  25. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    $40 for 100g of fermented leucine? No thanks. Can get SNS much cheaper and use Analyzed Supplements Tabs when I don't want powder.
    Apparently the sarcasm was overlooked in that post......
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel
    I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

    What's it's texture/mix ability like?
    You could give Supersize a try. Preworkout with leucine nitrate. Gives a great pump and sweet price. just saying lol.

    I love sns powder at Np great deal as always.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  27. Double
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  28. Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post

    if you let it sit it mixes. Tastes bitter. Can't drink is by itself. I add crystal lite.
    I normally just toss it in with my preWO, no mixing issuez for me...

  29. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You're better off taking it between meals or when you can't have a good meal. Five grams three times a day. One serving pre-workout on an empty stomach, one post workout 30 minutes before a meal, and one pre-bed. Or if you wake in the middle of the night, maybe take a serving, instead of the pre-bed one.
    I usually take a scoop with meals. Sns Leucine will last you a lonnnnnggggg time.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

    What's it's texture/mix ability like?
    I just take a scoop and chase it. Maybe I'm just a man but doing that has never bothered me. The texture and mixability is comparable to most bcaa powders
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Leucine supplement boosts fat burning
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 06:15 PM
  2. Supplementing with bulk l-leucine.
    By KRNMuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 12:09 AM
  3. Should we be supplementing with leucine regularly?
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 11:01 PM
  4. Leucine Supplementation
    By Giantz11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM
  5. Strangest supplement ad
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Log in
Log in