Leucine supplementation?

Christurner14

Awards
As anyone used straight Leucine before and got results? For example 4g with each meal?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're better off taking it between meals or when you can't have a good meal. Five grams three times a day. One serving pre-workout on an empty stomach, one post workout 30 minutes before a meal, and one pre-bed. Or if you wake in the middle of the night, maybe take a serving, instead of the pre-bed one.

Reactions: mw1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
T-Bone with the solid recommendations as always.

No need to take it with meals, but it is useful pre and post workout and in between meals.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-Bone with the solid recommendations as always.

No need to take it with meals, but it is useful pre and post workout and in between meals.
This. :D

3-5g pre-workout from SNS Leucine Powder or Analyzed Supplements Leucine Tabs is how I get mine nowadays. ;)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
This. :D

3-5g pre-workout from SNS Leucine Powder or Analyzed Supplements Leucine Tabs is how I get mine nowadays. ;)
MAN Sports f-leucine works better ;-)

Seriously though, I only use man sports and SNS

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're better off taking it between meals or when you can't have a good meal. Five grams three times a day. One serving pre-workout on an empty stomach, one post workout 30 minutes before a meal, and one pre-bed. Or if you wake in the middle of the night, maybe take a serving, instead of the pre-bed one.
This

Spread meals 4-6 hours apart
dose 5g between

Here:

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/protein_size_&_frequency.pdf

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$40 for 100g of fermented leucine? No thanks. Can get SNS much cheaper and use Analyzed Supplements Tabs when I don't want powder. :)

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

What's it's texture/mix ability like?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking to try the SNS brand Leucine as maybe an addition to my pre workout...

Personally, I just take a scoop and put in my mouth and wash it down with water. I never mix it. Leucine doesn't mix well, it shouldn't anyway.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Another option is always to just use a high leucine content BCAA product between meals, I've been doing this with USP BCAA+ for some time now. More expensive option but has other benefits and I've become a bit addicted to the watermelon

Can be found on sale buy 2 get one free atm, on a certain unmentionable site

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another option is always to just use a high leucine content BCAA product between meals, I've been doing this with USP BCAA+ for some time now. More expensive option but has other benefits and I've become a bit addicted to the watermelon

Can be found on sale buy 2 get one free atm, on a certain unmentionable site
5g is all you need.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
$40 for 100g of fermented leucine? No thanks. Can get SNS much cheaper and use Analyzed Supplements Tabs when I don't want powder. :)
These are the 2 products I'm looking at. When you dose the caps, you take 5 or more or less? Just curious on other people dosing I guess

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are the 2 products I'm looking at. When you dose the caps, you take 5 or more or less? Just curious on other people dosing I guess
.045-.06 g/kg of bodyweight (I usually just do .05 g/kg bc that is the easiest math :p). That works out to 3-5g (3 for a littler guy like me and 5g for some of the bigger guys :)).

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another option is always to just use a high leucine content BCAA product between meals, I've been doing this with USP BCAA+ for some time now. More expensive option but has other benefits and I've become a bit addicted to the watermelon Can be found on sale buy 2 get one free atm, on a certain unmentionable site
I really want to just throw 4 scoops in my gallon jug and drink the watermelon all day....but sadly I contain myself and have 1 scoop, 4x's/day :-D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, about fermented leucine products

Did you know that virtually all amino acid supplements have been generated via fermentation since the 1960s and that fermented leucine is just a buzzword?

Furthermore, the fermentation process took over because it is more cost effective than enzymatic and extraction based amino acid synthesis.

So ask yourselves, why are companies taking something that is cheaper to produce and selling it at dramatically inflated prices and claiming any sort of benefit over other leucine products (which are in extreme likelihood also fermented)?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Personally, I just take a scoop and put in my mouth and wash it down with water. I never mix it. Leucine doesn't mix well, it shouldn't anyway.
What T-Bone said. Its rather rough tasting so dropping in a scoop and chasing it works best for me.

But Leucine is the alpha amino acid in that most of the data you see regarding BCAA and mTOR activation is because of Leucine.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, about fermented leucine products Did you know that virtually all amino acid supplements have been generated via fermentation since the 1960s and that fermented leucine is just a buzzword? Furthermore, the fermentation process took over because it is more cost effective than enzymatic and extraction based amino acid synthesis. So ask yourselves, why are companies taking something that is cheaper to produce and selling it at dramatically inflated prices and claiming any sort of benefit over other leucine products (which are in extreme likelihood also fermented)?
Love these kind or facts. Simple. To the point. Thanks man!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

if you let it sit it mixes. Tastes bitter. Can't drink is by itself. I add crystal lite.

Christurner14

Awards
So it's effective just on its own then? Might buy some now

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Apparently the sarcasm was overlooked in that post......

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

You could give Supersize a try. Preworkout with leucine nitrate. Gives a great pump and sweet price. :) just saying lol.

I love sns powder at Np great deal as always.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Double

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually take a scoop with meals. Sns Leucine will last you a lonnnnnggggg time.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I just take a scoop and chase it. Maybe I'm just a man but doing that has never bothered me. The texture and mixability is comparable to most bcaa powders

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Love me 5 tabs Analyzed Leucine when I wake up in the middle of the night.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
Same here! Mine never mixes at all, sits right on top of the water...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So, about fermented leucine products

Did you know that virtually all amino acid supplements have been generated via fermentation since the 1960s and that fermented leucine is just a buzzword?

Furthermore, the fermentation process took over because it is more cost effective than enzymatic and extraction based amino acid synthesis.

So ask yourselves, why are companies taking something that is cheaper to produce and selling it at dramatically inflated prices and claiming any sort of benefit over other leucine products (which are in extreme likelihood also fermented)?
People don't understand that fermentation is what allows mass production of biological entities and compounds. You'd be surprised where your vaccines are coming from.

Been using SNS 5g preworkout every workout for a while now

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
.045 - .06g/kg of Leucine is what I believe Layne Norton mentions. 5g should suffice for most.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Layne Muscle Protein Synthesis PDF/Powerpoint
Plus he has a podcast as well that goes into an hour long with Dr Wilson off Muscle College Radio

Easy to goggle and find. They are very good listens/reads.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I keep a bottle Analyze Supplements on my night-table with a tall glass of water for when I wake up in the middle of the night. I'll slam down 5g and go right back to bed.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established