Cissus and strained pec

J

Joe_P

Awards
I am not sure what exactly I am straining, but I have a strained pec where the shoulder tie in is and I am wondering if cissus will help and at what dosage. I am a long armed bencher and have had this problem on and off at times.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you could try it.. id go for Joint help tho as it seems to blunt the acute pain of sore joints..
that said .. it sounds like a muscle problem. have you ever torn anything? maybe take some time off benching and see if you can find something that doesn't agrivate it.

J

Joe_P

Awards
you could try it.. id go for Joint help tho as it seems to blunt the acute pain of sore joints..
that said .. it sounds like a muscle problem. have you ever torn anything? maybe take some time off benching and see if you can find something that doesn't agrivate it.
Never torn anything and don't want to. I am a pretty good bencher for my body type and would like to stay that way. I have been taking it easy but am getting itchy to start ramping up my bench training.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never torn anything and don't want to. I am a pretty good bencher for my body type and would like to stay that way. I have been taking it easy but am getting itchy to start ramping up my bench training.
I've got the same problem brother. Long arms and that same shoulder pain from time to time. Besides a good joint/tendon supplement try some Myofascial release therapy on the shoulder tie in with a tennis ball.....stand against a wall (near a corner so you can lean forward as much as possible on the good side)with a tennis ball on the site that's giving pain. Lean into the ball moving side to side slowly. Hurts like hell but it does help after continued use. Rotator cuff exercises and dumbbells instead of barbell for majority of lifts also helped me.

X

xhrr

Awards
could opt for nsaids for a short amount of time to see if it helps. Cissus may help since it has analgesic properties but you need to let it heal if it is strained. Your not going to lose a ton of strength if any over the course of a week or two.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Supplements 4
akboom87 Serious Nutrition Solutions 17
LJ57 Supplements 24
Wordz_Worf Supplements 20
K Weight Loss 21