CL Pronom 23

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got those once and a life time deals. Bought some Pronom 23 for 30 bucks each for 4 lbs.2 tubs. One vanilla and one chocolate.

I know the vanilla cake batter is awesome but I also got one chocolate. What can I expect taste wise?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The chocolate reminded me of swiss hot chocolate, I quite liked it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a few samples of it and didn't like it all. I figured I needed to give it a second chance so I purchased 3 tubs on sale, one chocolate and two vanilla. Vanilla is absolutely disgusting. It has a strong artificial taste...The chocolate is not much better but it's tolerable. It was cheap and its protein, so I'm powering through it...It's really that bad. I was swayed by the reviews saying how great it tasted.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's cheap, it tastes and mixes like you'd expect bargain protein to taste and mix, albeit better than some other bargain brands.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. I had a few tubs a while back and didn't have a problem with it taste wise. Actually, I really liked it. Nothing too sweet, and the mixability was fine.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a sample of the vanilla. It seemed really salty and reminded me of Long John Silver fish batter.

Yup, WTF. I like CL products, but something was way off

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't ever had the chance to try it, but thought it was generally regarded as a pretty tasty and quality protein...these reviews are surprising to me :eek:

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a sample of the Chocolate. Cupcake or Cake Batter or something. Was one of the tastiest and best in terms of mixability for a chocolate protein shake I've ever had. Never tried the vanilla.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never got to try the chocolate. Idk I'm kinda a vanilla snob, but the fish batter is what got me. Maybe my tastes buds were off that day. Or maybe someone at work rubbed my shaker all over their LJS.

I have recently been enjoying OxyElite Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. It is one of the best vanillas I have ever had. Makes my eyes and skin a little yellow though. Haha jk on that part obviously.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never got to try the chocolate. Idk I'm kinda a vanilla snob, but the fish batter is what got me. Maybe my tastes buds were off that day. Or maybe someone at work rubbed my shaker all over their LJS.

I have recently been enjoying OxyElite Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. It is one of the best vanillas I have ever had. Makes my eyes and skin a little yellow though. Haha jk on that part obviously.
The only time I really like vanilla protein is when I used ISO-100 and mixed it with strawberry/fruit punch Pure Karbolyn. A delicious tasty treat. But I'm all for chocolate!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only time I really like vanilla protein is when I used ISO-100 and mixed it with strawberry/fruit punch Pure Karbolyn. A delicious tasty treat. But I'm all for chocolate!
How bout White Chocolate.. wink wink.. wait wut?

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Haven't ever had the chance to try it, but thought it was generally regarded as a pretty tasty and quality protein...these reviews are surprising to me :eek:
Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm, without a doubt, sure the guys are telling it like it is, but I remember my tubs being craveworthy good.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm, without a doubt, sure the guys are telling it like it is, but I remember my tubs being craveworthy good.
I'll put up my review once I have used both a couple times.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been mixing the chocolate with maraschino cherries, light cream and some whole milk. Otherwise, its undrinkable. I'd rather eat a bowl of yellow gold powder.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been mixing the chocolate with maraschino cherries, light cream and some whole milk. Otherwise, its undrinkable. I'd rather eat a bowl of yellow gold powder.
OMG I was a beta tester for yellow gold. They sent me some in what appeared to be a prescription pill bottle. I was furious that they didn't mention how horrible it tasted. I was at work, and dry heaved for 30 mins

amarula

Awards
I'm having chocolate cupcake batter. Very good flavour and probably the best mixing of all proteins that I've used. The powder is like ON's whey or XF ultra peptide

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Just got three tubs of Chocolate Cupcake Batter in the mail today. Will report back after I try it tomorrow.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I've used 2 tubs of the Vanilla. Mixes great and tastes good with water; has a kind of artificial after taste but still one of my favorite proteins.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is the real story and why there are such varying opinions. The formula (specifically flavoring ingredients) changed. I love CL and buy all of their stuff. They're one of the few companies I trust. However, the pronom change was for the worse. They switched from sunflower oil to coconut oil and the new flavor tastes no bueno. I'm with t-bone... Got an amazing deal so I am plowing through my 5 tubs. Only reason I bought so many was because the old flavor was AMAZING. unbeknownst to me there was a flavor change. I love vanilla and the new one is a huge difference from the originals. I have a chocolate but haven't opened it. It's hard to mess up chocolate though. Some sites still have the old tubs of the bomb flavored vanilla with sunflower oil. New ones are coconut oil. Hope this helps clarify.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is the real story and why there are such varying opinions. The formula (specifically flavoring ingredients) changed. I love CL and buy all of their stuff. They're one of the few companies I trust. However, the pronom change was for the worse. They switched from sunflower oil to coconut oil and the new flavor tastes no bueno. I'm with t-bone... Got an amazing deal so I am plowing through my 5 tubs. Only reason I bought so many was because the old flavor was AMAZING. unbeknownst to me there was a flavor change. I love vanilla and the new one is a huge difference from the originals. I have a chocolate but haven't opened it. It's hard to mess up chocolate though. Some sites still have the old tubs of the bomb flavored vanilla with sunflower oil. New ones are coconut oil. Hope this helps clarify.
The sample packets were of the new vanilla I believe

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The sample packets were of the new vanilla I believe
they had both. The newer packets are obviously newer formula. I think they probably started it like 2 or 3 months ago with the new flavor... Just speculation though as I had a few of the originals I went through for a while. Let me know how your chocolate tastes :)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
they had both. The newer packets are obviously newer formula. I think they probably started it like 2 or 3 months ago with the new flavor... Just speculation though as I had a few of the originals I went through for a while. Let me know how your chocolate tastes :)
Are the ones with np's orange triad with freebies the new vanilla?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only ask because the one im getting is the new version as per the website I ordered from.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That i don't know. Do you know if it had the new or old label? The first sample packets had the gray original CL labels. The new packets look like the new tubs... Mainly white.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
That i don't know. Do you know if it had the new or old label? The first sample packets had the gray original CL labels. The new packets look like the new tubs... Mainly white.
OH MY GOD! Thank you.Mainly white! :arms:

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also if any CL reps are reading you mite want to spread the word about slight change in flavoring.Also have the sites like np update the profile specifically on the sample packets because it still list it as the old profile.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh. This makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to question my tastebuds haha

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely good to know! Thanks all....

Renegade, Y U No tell us!!! :ntome:

:)

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Checked my 3 tubs. All says Sunflower Oil. Sounds like I got the good stuff. Can't wait to crack it open tonight.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Checked my 3 tubs. All says Sunflower Oil. Sounds like I got the good stuff. Can't wait to crack it open tonight.
Yeah. You got the good ones IMO. I have seen a lot of reviews though and people still love pronom. I'm assuming some of those have to be the new tubs?.......So don't let me shy you away. I personally loves the old flavor though.