1. I did not go out of my way to hide what was going on. It was improperly labeled and we admitted that. There was no deep agenda to hide the truth. That is a major difference.
2. I don't have a criminal record. I had a decorated Military career (Marines), a Top Secret clearance (10 years) and a letters of reference. This was weighed during the process. I also agreed to leave the industry and not look back. Matt has a previous felony for killing that girl with DNP. I do not think a second felony will lead to a simple fine.
3. We licensed our products and were informed how to label them. We had letters from these formulators saying their products were DSHEA and/or not illegal. Matt on the other hand is formulating these products himself (or his team is with him involved). Again that is a big difference.
4. We had to spend a lot of money with the govt and various analysts reviewing if the SX ingredient broke the analog act. Which it did not in the end. ETH on the other hand is related to meth and will absolutely infringe on the analog act. No question about that. Again a major difference.
5. I was recently subpoenaed to testify in front of a grand jury about Cahill. I won't say anything more about that.
These are just a few reasons (there are many more) why I think Matt and potentially his wife will get another felony and jail time in about year.