Your Best Sleep Aid

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Your Best Sleep Aid

Weird no new topic on sleep aids with such hectic tempo of life most of us live.

I read on few other forums that high reviews gets Abyss Unparalleled that even Mr. Cooper gives a thumbs up.

Then less than a week Sleephoria was released at Nutraplanet which many also waited long time.

And few also say good things about Lights Out.

Now I'd like to hear your feedback what have you tried as sleep aid and what works so far the best for you.

I'll probably gonna buy next week Abyss if it gets to UK seller.

Sleephoria will probably not gonna be available in UK so fast but will be interested in your feedback as well.

2. Registered User
    Answers

I have enough Abyss UP to last me a year.

Does that tell you how much I enjoy it?
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

Can you write your experience with Abyss?

Mainly do you have major sleep issues or just when under stress so more of a sleep aid occasionally or as a serious long term remedy?

How do you cycle on/off periods, how much you take, what time before you go to sleep, how it effects your sleep...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

Nimbus Abyss UP is the best pure sleep supplement I've ever used. I took Coops advice and added 2mg's of melatonin to on days where I can sleep in. I've been alternating it monthly with HGH-Up.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

just missed the bogo on AUP? it may never happen again sadly... great product.
  6. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AppNutJeff View Post
    Nimbus Abyss UP is the best pure sleep supplement I've ever used. I took Coops advice and added 2mg's of melatonin to on days where I can sleep in. I've been alternating it along with HGH-Up.
    And 2mgs fixes the sleep problem?? If so I think I need to cancel my order of Abyss because 2mg melatonin wont do crap for me

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahh123 View Post
    Can you write your experience with Abyss?

Mainly do you have major sleep issues or just when under stress so more of a sleep aid occasionally or as a serious long term remedy?

How do you cycle on/off periods, how much you take, what time before you go to sleep, how it effects your sleep...
    I plan to use it for 8-12 weeks with 4-8 weeks off in between cycles. Will try and use it to coincide with my higher stress periods of the year (both higher training stress and work stress).

I don't really have sleep issues. I don't need much to really help me fall asleep, as I have a pretty good sleep schedule and pre-sleep routine. I was interested in Abyss due to its possible effects on stress and recovery. I did note some very restful sleep within the first week. From that point on I have noted exceptional recovery from my weight lifting sessions. I routinely track my recovery through several markers and have been very impressed with how effective Abyss has been at keeping me humming along my training plan and recovering better than I was with higher weights during this current training run compared to a very similar one without Abyss several months ago.

On a side note I love the undisclosed doses of quality ingredients that team Nimbus has put together in here and look forward to their future projects as well (new stim free burner looks soild as well).
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Abyss Unparalleled all the way. Requires minimal cycling, induces sleep, improves depth of sleep, reduces stress, and invokes some pretty cool dreams.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Abyss Unparalleled all the way. Requires minimal cycling, induces sleep, improves depth of sleep, reduces stress, and invokes some pretty cool dreams.
    1) How do you suggest cycling to be done and how long cycle of taking it - 8 or 12 weeks?

2) And when taking it - do you take it every day or 5 days on/2 days off?

3) How about dose - do you take 1 cap or 2 caps or is there a big difference between taking 1 or 2 caps?
  10. Registered User
    Answers

1) How do you suggest cycling to be done and how long cycle of taking it - 8 or 12 weeks?

2) And when taking it - do you take it every day or 5 days on/2 days off?

3) How about dose - do you take 1 cap or 2 caps or is there a big difference between taking 1 or 2 caps?
    Every 4 months I'd say.

Every night. It has benefits with continuous use.

2 caps. The difference is a full dose of actives vs not
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Every 4 months I'd say.

Every night. It has benefits with continuous use.

2 caps. The difference is a full dose of actives vs not
    Can you explain 4 months cycle cause now I'm confused.

Did you meant to take every day for 4 months (16 weeks) then take 2 months (8 weeks) break before repeating such cycle?

Or you meant 3 months on then 1 month off for this cycle to last 4 months (before you start next such 3 months on/1 month off cycle)?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I deal with sleep, stress, and anxiety issues. Abyss UP helps me with all. I don't wake up feeling drunk if my sleep is interrupted and still feel rested if I can only get 5 hours in. I remember more dreams too. All are happy and/or funny.Currently on my third bottle. Need to give it a few days to really kick in for stress and better awake time and after a couple of weeks it really comes together.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Can you explain 4 months cycle cause now I'm confused.

Did you meant to take every day for 4 months (16 weeks) then take 2 months (8 weeks) break before repeating such cycle?

Or you meant 3 months on then 1 month off for this cycle to last 4 months (before you start next such 3 months on/1 month off cycle)?
    4 on, 1 off.

Every day.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ccnAbolic View Post
    I deal with sleep, stress, and anxiety issues. Abyss UP helps me with all. I don't wake up feeling drunk if my sleep is interrupted and still feel rested if I can only get 5 hours in. I remember more dreams too. All are happy and/or funny.Currently on my third bottle. Need to give it a few days to really kick in for stress and better awake time and after a couple of weeks it really comes together.
    Great feedback - I have also occasional problems with sleep, stress, and anxiety issues so now I'm determined to try it too.

What's your dosing - 1 cap or 2 caps and how long before bed you take Abyss?

Did you try also 3 caps or stack with something else like melatonin or Lights Out?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

4 on, 1 off.

Every day.
    Did you maybe try taking 3 caps before bedtime and what was difference compared to taking 2 caps?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Great feedback - I have also occasional problems with sleep, stress, and anxiety issues so now I'm determined to try it too.What's your dosing - 1 cap or 2 caps and how long before bed you take Abyss?Did you try also 3 caps or stack with something else like melatonin or Lights Out?
    2 caps 45 min before bed. My experience in general is don't take sleep aids too soon. Fighting sleep caused undesirable effects. Have done 1-2 mg melatonin if i had stims too late.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I have tried Lights Out, HGH Pro, 3z , REssurect PM, and Powerfull. The best of which was Lights Out. I had some intense dreams and woke up the next morning ready to go.
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Was wondering how all these sleep aids - mainly Abyss Unparalleled affect your libido?

Most of these sleep aids have 5-HTP that converts to serotonin that's known libido killer.

Plus raising serotonin levels will with time lower dopamine which again is bad for libido.

How did taking Abyss or any other 5-HTP containing sleep aid or melatonin - for a month or 2 every day affected your libido?
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Was wondering how all these sleep aids - mainly Abyss Unparalleled affect your libido?

Most of these sleep aids have 5-HTP that converts to serotonin that's known libido killer.

Plus raising serotonin levels will with time lower dopamine which again is bad for libido.

How did taking Abyss or any other 5-HTP containing sleep aid or melatonin - for a month or 2 every day affected your libido?
    No negative effect thus far. Not being exhausted and stressed must make for a net gain, though I am no scientist.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Alpha-GPC and TMG have improved my sleep quality. I take them during the day for anxiety reduction/noot effects and this "seems" to carry over into a better regulated sleep cycle. Otherwise I dose melatonin at 3-9mg at night.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

The only product I have tried is Lights Out. Works well for me, though I dont have anything to compare it to. I dont really have sleep issues, though I like to take it when college classes are in session.

NO issues with libido that I have noticed.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

REM-PM by MAN is a nice comprehensive product. Although I'm curious why so many people have a hard time sleeping; I have so much going on in a typical day that I'm exhausted at the end if it!
    BOARD TYRANT
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah with Lights out having l-Dopa i'd expect libido to actually gone up.

But I'm wondering with 5-HTP products with 5-HTP converting to serotonin how this sleep aids affect libido after a month or longer time of using it?

Cooper - you taking Abyss for months now so would like to hear your reply how Abyss affects your libido?
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Too often, things are removed from their context and applied to subclinical scenarios.

A great example is estrogen. People "know" that estrogen is needed to build muscle and that if you drive it too low, your "gains" are reduced. People also "know" that low estrogen causes poor immune function. Both of these things are actually quite wrong: they have been extracted from scenarios in which supraphysiological androgens are administered, and only in such scenarios does estrogen play a role in muscle building or preserving immune function. In normal men given clinical AIs, no issues with muscle mass gain or immune function are noted.

Back to this topic, the whole notion of compromised libido with high serotonin levels is drawn from the introduction of SSRIs to the market. The increase in synaptic 5HT from a full-dosed clinical SSRI vs a few hundred mgs of 5-HTP is not even close to comparable. If it was, we'd be prescribing 5-HTP to people with depression. So similar to the scenario with estrogen, there should be zero noticeable effect on libido with 200mg of nightly 5-HTP.

This can be extrapolated to tons of other things. It's the reason why testosterone or GH boosters won't make you pack on muscle like AAS, etc. It's all about the degree of physiological effects, not the shared goal/endpoint.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Too often, things are removed from their context and applied to subclinical scenarios.

A great example is estrogen. People "know" that estrogen is needed to build muscle and that if you drive it too low, your "gains" are reduced. People also "know" that low estrogen causes poor immune function. Both of these things are actually quite wrong: they have been extracted from scenarios in which supraphysiological androgens are administered, and only in such scenarios does estrogen play a role in muscle building or preserving immune function. In normal men given clinical AIs, no issues with muscle mass gain or immune function are noted.

Back to this topic, the whole notion of compromised libido with high serotonin levels is drawn from the introduction of SSRIs to the market. The increase in synaptic 5HT from a full-dosed clinical SSRI vs a few hundred mgs of 5-HTP is not even close to comparable. If it was, we'd be prescribing 5-HTP to people with depression. So similar to the scenario with estrogen, there should be zero noticeable effect on libido with 200mg of nightly 5-HTP.

This can be extrapolated to tons of other things. It's the reason why testosterone or GH boosters won't make you pack on muscle like AAS, etc. It's all about the degree of physiological effects, not the shared goal/endpoint.
    Great info thx.

And aside the theory - did you personally notice any change in libido after taking Abyss for months?
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Great info thx.

And aside the theory - did you personally notice any change in libido after taking Abyss for months?
    I sure did. But this is a function of dietary status. I went from cutting to bulking, and as expected, libido improved.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Too often, things are removed from their context and applied to subclinical scenarios.A great example is estrogen. People "know" that estrogen is needed to build muscle and that if you drive it too low, your "gains" are reduced. People also "know" that low estrogen causes poor immune function. Both of these things are actually quite wrong: they have been extracted from scenarios in which supraphysiological androgens are administered, and only in such scenarios does estrogen play a role in muscle building or preserving immune function. In normal men given clinical AIs, no issues with muscle mass gain or immune function are noted.Back to this topic, the whole notion of compromised libido with high serotonin levels is drawn from the introduction of SSRIs to the market. The increase in synaptic 5HT from a full-dosed clinical SSRI vs a few hundred mgs of 5-HTP is not even close to comparable. If it was, we'd be prescribing 5-HTP to people with depression. So similar to the scenario with estrogen, there should be zero noticeable effect on libido with 200mg of nightly 5-HTP.This can be extrapolated to tons of other things. It's the reason why testosterone or GH boosters won't make you pack on muscle like AAS, etc. It's all about the degree of physiological effects, not the shared goal/endpoint.
    Thanks for putting all that into perspective. I take 5HTP daily for mild depression and was beginning to wonder. I kinda figured that SSRI's were an order of magnitude higher given the laundry list of side effects we hear about.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

folks, quick question..
    on weekdays i dont go out but on weekends i do. and i goto bed drunk..
    do you think it would be safe to take it drunk, and would it still function?
    any experience?
    thanks.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drtorque View Post
    folks, quick question..
    any experience?
    thanks.
    I wouldn't take a sleep aid with alcohol trolly.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I wouldn't take a sleep aid with alcohol trolly.
    Me neither, strong first post though.

First and foremost, I rep for FINAFLEX.
    I have to throw G8 into the mix here for a great sleep aid. I don't remember my dreams when I use it (I rarely do anyway) but the depth of sleep and the feeling of being refreshed upon waking is amazing.
    I have never tried another sleep aid, so I am biased.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

folks, quick question..
    any experience?
    thanks.
    You seriously have trouble falling asleep when your drunk? I pass the F right out lol

Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  32. Registered User
    Answers

coop do you see a reason not to use 5-htp, gaba and l-dopa at the same time?
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Weird no new topic on sleep aids with such hectic tempo of life most of us live.

I read on few other forums that high reviews gets Abyss Unparalleled that even Mr. Cooper gives a thumbs up.

Then less than a week Sleephoria was released at Nutraplanet which many also waited long time.

And few also say good things about Lights Out.

Now I'd like to hear your feedback what have you tried as sleep aid and what works so far the best for you.

I'll probably gonna buy next week Abyss if it gets to UK seller.

Sleephoria will probably not gonna be available in UK so fast but will be interested in your feedback as well.
    ZMA helps me sleep much better man. I take my own concoction of 5HTP, ZMA and Melatonin. Also look into sleep hygiene
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    coop do you see a reason not to use 5-htp, gaba and l-dopa at the same time?
    Good question on which I'd be interested in an answer as well.

Especially since few tried stack of Abyss (has 5-htp and gaba) and Lights Out (has l-dopa).

Then also nice stack would be Abyss and Endosurge (divanil and l-dopa).
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

200mg of 5htp from abyss UP would wreak havoc on me.. Too bad bc the reviews are all great. But even 50-100mg of 5htp ruins my libido and hurts my dopamine levels as evidenced in prolactin results on blood work.. Shux.

Reduction pm and REM PM are my favorites. And reduction just got discontinued.......1 cap of rem pm is my sweet spot bc two contains too much 5htp!

Gonna try out sleephoria sooner or later..

Even lights out has too much 5htp for me

Pfull is great stuff.... And I always liked alri lean dreams as well.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

folks, quick question..
    any experience?
    thanks.
    I do this almost every sat night..... I wake up fine and often not hung over. I try to drink as much water as I can during the night and before bed tho. I don't take it at peak drunkeness lol
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

As far as a sleep aid, I highly recommend REM 8.0. Formutech has really designed a formula that will hit you quick and keep you out. As far as cycling I would use it a week or two on and then one off. Phenibut needs to be cycled. Being a drink instead if capsules you can really tell when it hits. You become relaxed and fall asleep quickly. With melatonin or even ZMA, you have to get asleep and it will help you stay asleep and get a sound sleep. But the problem still is getting you body to calm to fall asleep. REM 8.0 really does a great job.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

I think it's time for coop and PES to bang out a sleep sup.. N throw some olive leaf ext. in there and taraxacum
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

I just came across this and ordered a bottle for the hell of it.. By BPI- nite burn it's called

Name:  image-958432090.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  306.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I really liked musclepharms bulletproof. Haven't tried any others save for the basics, zma, melatonin, 5-htp
    The Swole Stoner
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best sleep aid that wont negativly impact hormone levels
    By Buffgammaman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 09:49 PM
  2. X-Dreams: The best sleep aid I've ever used.
    By natty texan in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
  3. Best Sleep Aid
    By GetDatFool in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 10:23 PM
  5. Best Sleep Aid
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25