Unsealed tubs..?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
My wife's friend got 2 tubs of protein powder from BB.com that was unseald?! She's getting 2 new ones but said she give me the unsealed ones if I want them. Will it be safe to use them or should I not take them? They look the same as always but I'm not sure...

What do you guys think? Have this ever happened to any of you?

jack84

Awards
Just call them and send it back to them.their customer service is pretty good they would most likely comply.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Are the seals stuck to the underside of the lid?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I probably wouldn't. There was no shrink wrap or inner seal?
I haven't had the chance to take a look at them yet but it was no plastic seal sound the lid.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Just call them and send it back to them.their customer service is pretty good they would most likely comply.
She already did and having 2 new ones on the way but she wants to give me the 2 unsealed ones and I don't know if should use them or not..?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I haven't had the chance to take a look at them yet but it was no plastic seal sound the lid.
Check the underside of the lid when you get the chance. Sometimes the seal comes loose when you open it for the first time and gets stuck there.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check the underside of the lid when you get the chance. Sometimes the seal comes loose when you open it for the first time and gets stuck there.
This has happened frequently to me, but either way if there was no shrink wrapped seal then that's probably a bad sign since even if the seal got stuck in the lid it could have been stuck there from someone else opening it.

Reactions: mw1

gmanall

Awards
IMO it should be good, that happens a lot with supplements, hasn't killed me yet.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had a ton of protein come without a plastic seal on the top. I thought that some brands just come like that. Others the inner seal drys out and sticks to cap when you open it. Wouldn't ship it back or ask for a replacement for that, wouldn't think I would get it. Retailer would most likely think you're just trying to get free stuff. If I found a foreign object in my protein, that would be a different story.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This has happened frequently to me, but either way if there was no shrink wrapped seal then that's probably a bad sign since even if the seal got stuck in the lid it could have been stuck there from someone else opening it.
That's true. The gamble game ;)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Hahaha! So I got the tubs from my wife's friend today, the plastic seal was on but the paper seal was stuck in the lid, lol! She just started to train and this was the first time she ordered protein so when she couldn't find the paper seal she freaked out, lol!

I'm not complaining, I got 7lb protein for free and she have new ones on the way :)

Thanks guys for helping out!