Anacyclus Pyrethrum

1. Registered User
    Answers

Anacyclus Pyrethrum

Hello all, this is my first post here on the forum so bear with me as I become familiar with all the members and policies.

I will start out seeking advice on a hypothetical question.

I have used PES Anabeta serval times, I love the product, it works, and PES is a great company. Now what I don't love is the price tag lol, now I know PES offers great deals all the time and I have jumped on many of them.

If you look at PES Anabeta, the active ingredient Anacyclus pyrethrum, which is simply the plant Spanish Chamomile. I found a website where I can buy a 30 pack of seeds of Spanish Chamomile for $2.95.

What I am wondering is, can I grow these plants and make a herbal tea out of them and receive some of the benefits Anabeta delivers? I realize Anabeta is an extract of Anacyclus pyrethrum so I probably would have to drink gallons and gallons of tea just to equal a dosage of Anabeta. I'm just curious if orally drinking a tea consisting of Anacyclus pyrethrum would deliver some of the benefits.

A second question, I have always been intrigued in science and chemistry so how hard would it be for me to make my own extract from the plants and what would be the process involved in doing it.

This is all hypothetically speaking and for fun, I mean no disrespect to PES or any sales companies.

Thanks
    -WW-

2. Registered User
    Answers

Just wait for sales on Anabeta. Last time it was on sale for around $24.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Just wait for sales on Anabeta. Last time it was on sale for around $24.
    Thanks T-Bone. I am going to continue to purchase Anabeta. I'm looking to make the tea and my extracts simply for fun and the sake of experimentation. Just wanted to know if it was at all possible.

The same applies for all herbal ingredients, such as Bulbine or Fadogia.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I have no idea about the teas, but wouldn't think it would be worth the effort. Not to mention, it might not taste so great.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Oh, the plights of the unaware. Anabeta doesn't work because of anacyclus pyrethrum. That is just a plant. You could eat all the spanish chamomile seeds in the world and reap no benefit.

Anabeta works because of the compounds found in Anacyclus pyrethrum. Compounds that must be extracted via specific procedures in order to get sufficient quantities. You can never get the proper amount of actives from consuming the plant alone. This is the same reason why people notice more from Anabeta than other anacyclus products as well: extraction is everything.

An example would be attempting to reap the energy effects of 1,3 DMAA by eating geraniums. It doesn't work like that.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Thank you Mr. Cooper

I feel stupid now

At least my first post was some what of an interesting question and not asking if creatine is a steroid haha.

Exactly how hard would the extraction process be? Again I'm not considering doing this to save money because Anabeta is already at a good price, I'm looking to do this simply for fun.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

You would need to know what we extract it for first.

You won't be able to do it at home unfortunately.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Best extraction method requires an internet connection and computer. Order Anabeta. Patiently wait for a mailman with a package. Tackle said mail man, throw back 2 caps then hit the gym.

Lol trying to get your own extraction would be a whole lot of work you neither have the tools or methods to do and as awesome as PES is they won't be sharing their secrets.

Interesting idea in general though, I'm sure there are some herbs around that could be made into a tea for assorted benefits I just don't know which. Could be a fun hobby/project
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Best extraction method requires an internet connection and computer. Order Anabeta. Patiently wait for a mailman with a package. Tackle said mail man, throw back 2 caps then hit the gym.

Lol trying to get your own extraction would be a whole lot of work you neither have the tools or methods to do and as awesome as PES is they won't be sharing their secrets.

Interesting idea in general though, I'm sure there are some herbs around that could be made into a tea for assorted benefits I just don't know which. Could be a fun hobby/project
    lol, the 'Nutraplanet extraction method'.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    You would need to know what we extract it for first. You won't be able to do it at home unfortunately.
    I need to get a mole inside PES....Touey will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Best extraction method requires an internet connection and computer. Order Anabeta. Patiently wait for a mailman with a package. Tackle said mail man, throw back 2 caps then hit the gym. Lol trying to get your own extraction would be a whole lot of work you neither have the tools or methods to do and as awesome as PES is they won't be sharing their secrets. Interesting idea in general though, I'm sure there are some herbs around that could be made into a tea for assorted benefits I just don't know which. Could be a fun hobby/project
    Haha lol that would be the best method of extraction.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    lol, the 'Nutraplanet extraction method'.
    Lol touché
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Answers

True atleast your first question wasn't a questions about muscle tech or another best preworkout question.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg6 View Post
    Thank you Mr. Cooper

I feel stupid now

At least my first post was some what of an interesting question and not asking if creatine is a steroid haha.

Exactly how hard would the extraction process be? Again I'm not considering doing this to save money because Anabeta is already at a good price, I'm looking to do this simply for fun.
    Any question is a good question; and now you have learned something

You could always buy your own plants then use them as a reminder to buy Anabeta
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Any question is a good question; and now you have learned something You could always buy your own plants then use them as a reminder to buy Anabeta
    Thanks Jiigzz!

Here's a question what would happen if I grow these Spanish chamomile plants and then feed them a solution of uncapped Anabeta's and water?!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg6 View Post
    Thanks Jiigzz!

Here's a question what would happen if I grow these Spanish chamomile plants and then feed them a solution of uncapped Anabeta's and water?!
    You will have created the holy grail of plants lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anacyclus Pyrethrum
    By HITFrank in forum Supplements
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  2. Anacyclus Pyrethrum products: MAN vs. PES
    By p5sky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29