Betaine

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts about this? It's gaining some good press. Apparently its the next creatine -_-

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use 2g ED. Not sure what it does for me bodybuilding wise, but I use it for homocysteine.

Mike

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Thanks CB. I tried sending you a pm but your inbox is full

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use 2g ED. Not sure what it does for me bodybuilding wise, but I use it for homocysteine.

Mike
Are you using betaine hcl or which version?for which brands should i look out?im looking for a natty supp that increases strength.im not sure which out of these would be the best:

Taa
Cop
Betaine

Im already taking crea and beta-alanin and have good experiences with ursolic based products and ara too.citrulline malate doesnt do that much for me.same goes for agmatine.

Should betaine be taken everyday and how much would be needed for perfornance enhancement?

manstr

manstr

Awards
Are you using betaine hcl or which version?for which brands should i look out?im looking for a natty supp that increases strength.im not sure which out of these would be the best: Taa Cop Betaine Im already taking crea and beta-alanin and have good experiences with ursolic based products and ara too.citrulline malate doesnt do that much for me.same goes for agmatine. Should betaine be taken everyday and how much would be needed for perfornance enhancement?
Do not take 2 grams of betaine hcl. What everyone is referring to is betaine anhydrous aka tmg(trimethylglycine)

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Seems like this stuff is more effective in promoting positive mood and energy than ergogenic benefits.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seems like this stuff is more effective in promoting positive mood and energy than ergogenic benefits.

With respect to mood, yes, it is referred to as poor man's SAM-e.

bruce_wayne

Awards
What about Betaine Nitrate? Would this have similar effects?

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
What about Betaine Nitrate? Would this have similar effects?
Whatever the nitrate is bonded to is going to have minimal contribution. Ex: potassium nitrate has negligible potassium concentration. Same for betaine

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
I love Betanine, feel allot stronger, less muscle fatigue as well getting way more reps than usual

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS will have you guys some capped Betaine Anhydrous very soon..............at a great price as always
Mw droppin bombs

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Duplicate

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Was just looking into trying this out too, great timing. And SNS quality, this is good news indeed

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Pass the free samples for broke college students this way. -_-

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I remember a mention of how it synergizes with DAA, perhaps that would be good to shed some light on.

Anyhow, SNS betaine is on the horizon and prices will be to die for :)

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Another supplement that I am now waiting for..
Is there an insider email I can get in on?!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Another supplement that I am now waiting for..
Is there an insider email I can get in on?!
Check out our Facebook page and like it! We have the insider email tab right there to sign up on ;)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out our Facebook page and like it! We have the insider email tab right there to sign up on ;)
Betaine will stack nicely with quite a few.of our products ;)

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Anyone have some reputable study links handy for betaine? I'd like to read up.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess this was cancelled?
No we had issues with the betaine busting open the caps(about 10% of each bottle) so we had the manuf chemist work with it to try and remedy the problem. We then looked at tabs but decided on powder finally. We had to order new labels, tubs etc for the powder but im expecting it in about 3 weeks.
..Be on the look out for promos cause we will be giving a lot away

xLGx

Awards
No we had issues with the betaine busting open the caps(about 10% of each bottle) so we had the manuf chemist work with it to try and remedy the problem. We then looked at tabs but decided on powder finally. We had to order new labels, tubs etc for the powder but im expecting it in about 3 weeks.
Good news. Definitely see SNS being a price leader with betaine anhydrous.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just hurry up already. ;)

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
thanks dude. Looking forward to it

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Good news. Definitely see SNS being a price leader with betaine anhydrous.
You can count on that. :D

Mw explained the delay well. The wait will be worth it.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Nice, better price for powder, I assume, too. Anxious for this one.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Soooo we're one week away (?)

amarula

Awards
You can count on that. :D

Mw explained the delay well. The wait will be worth it.
Interested. Do you guys think that it's important to split dosages when using this? Or one can have 2500mg in one sip?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here...though knowing Synapsin splits his dose up, kinda tempted to do that our at least try it...
I'm just following what the study stated, not to mention I don't want to possibly get diarrhea from taking it all at once :) My preworkout mix usually contains a high dose of Agmatine as well.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ive been using 3g pre workout and haven't experienced ANY diarrhea/GI issues. Im usually sensitive to these type of things but not with betaine
Yeah, appears to vary from user to user.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, no issues here for me either....

Swolljaboi

Awards
I dosed it mixed with my pre and had no problems. I swear I could not lose weight while on the stuff. I was leaning out and I swear I was losing fat but the scale read the same for 6 weeks straight.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dosed it mixed with my pre and had no problems. I swear I could not lose weight while on the stuff. I was leaning out and I swear I was losing fat but the scale read the same for 6 weeks straight.
This is similar to what we observed in our study: reductions in body fat and increases in lean mass in the betaine group but not the placebo group. My speculation is that the biggest contributor to lean mass increases are the effects of betaine on cellular swelling. Our review was accepted for publication in the journal Amino Acids. The DOI is DOI: 10.1007/s00726-014-1748-5. Keep a lookout.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I'm going to run it again ad part of my pct for my Stano/epi cycle. Between the lean mass increases and cortisol control properties I've read about it should be a killer addition to pct.