Least effective supplements

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Hate to pile on the Versa-1 wagon, but I'm another who didn't see anything. I have a whole bunch of things that haven't worked or I didn't think were nearly worth a repurchase. Sometimes I blame supplements themselves and sometimes I realize it's probably just me. Good example is Enhanced, it absolutely doesn't sit well with me. I get really weird and constant "hiccuppy" type burps and have a hard time training. Obviously the issue is with me and not the supplement in this case. Tried all sorts of different ideas on it.

    Over the years I've started to develop a "phobia" towards trying anything new except for perhaps a few companies. If something comes out and gets good reviews and people are talking about it for a while that's when I will try. I used to want to be the first to run the newest stuff. Now I wait to make purchases after everyone else has guinea pigged it
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!


  2. Versa-1...

    Never. Again.

  3. 10th on versa-1.
    •   
       


  4. Pump-HD
    No-Xplod
    Craze
    C4
    Black Powder
    Nitrix

    I got a ton of preworkouts I had never heard of before of samples from the Arnold last year. Threw most of them away as they didn't seem to do or provide much of anything besides having some poor prop blends.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  5. Curious if anyone would include protein powders they thought to be ineffective. People have their preferences, but I feel that they're more due to taste than any other factor, including efficacy.
    BOARD TYRANT

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Curious if anyone would include protein powders they thought to be ineffective. People have their preferences, but I feel that they're more due to taste than any other factor, including efficacy.
    I have been sticking with Dymatize Elite XT lately.
    Lots of others give me problems. Mainly throat and GI problems.
    Turns out a lot of companies use wheat gluten in their powders and disguise it as glutamine peptides.
    Syntha 6 would be one of them.

  7. I'm so glad to not see Alphamine in this thread. It's my first time taking it and it looks very promising.

  8. Pretty much any bsn product, anything with dendrobium, most non dmaa preworkouts
    The Swole Stoner

  9. anything by LG sciences

  10. Smilax, EAS v2g

  11. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    What in your experience are some of the least effective supplements you've used in the past couple years?
    We've all been there, spent our hard earned money and saw little to no results.
    Let's hear it!
    Pf3 by MAN,bio grow by isatori,any oral igf1s including deer antler,all creatines except monohydrate,hcl,or nitrate,green tea extract*much rather fix cinnamon and ginger green tea to drink* ecdysterone,and finally I feel cla is useless for me now due to the studies seem to cater more to the obese.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  12. I forgot about ecdysterone too!
    BOARD TYRANT

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    I forgot about ecdysterone too!
    As did I! Fell for that one. Arginine + Glutamine
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  14. Waste of money in my experience:
    1. HGH Mass
    2. Versa-1 ( probably just a non-responder)

  15. Remember during beta testing when fears of Versa-1 being another Pink Magic (in terms of efficacy) were hotly denied? Dare we make that assumption again, here?

    I really wanted this supp to work, maybe I should revisit it but use it in conjunction with something else.

    Sometimes hype works TOO well and the supp, while useful, can't match the expectations it garnered.
    BOARD TYRANT

  16. versa 1 did nothing for me personally.
    Ecdy products never did much for me and hicamax.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  17. Versa
    Glutamine
    Enhanced

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxhd View Post
    Glutamine
    You would have hated Gakic by muscletech
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  19. Versa was hyped up so much people may have been taking dirt and just noticing the placebo effect

    I never spend a dollar on it though

  20. A list of what actually works is much much shorter.

  21. Versa 1, cellmass NT, musclepharm Hybrid N.O, TestFreak, creatine decoanate, CLA, ZMA

  22. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    A list of what actually works is much much shorter.
    What he said
    PES
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://facebook.com/pescience

  23. Quote Originally Posted by gibbons2 View Post
    anything by LG sciences
    Did you ever try there pre workout anadraulic state gt. stuff was strong...but tasted terrible

  24. Quote Originally Posted by bigadam73 View Post

    Did you ever try there pre workout anadraulic state gt. stuff was strong...but tasted terrible
    Oh god the taste! It worked but it was like sand and horrid!

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Remember during beta testing when fears of Versa-1 being another Pink Magic (in terms of efficacy) were hotly denied? Dare we make that assumption again, here?

    I really wanted this supp to work, maybe I should revisit it but use it in conjunction with something else.

    Sometimes hype works TOO well and the supp, while useful, can't match the expectations it garnered.
    We have an entire forum full of non responders I think lol.

    I would rather spend my money on Anabeta Elite and ArA. I know they work! No trying to be an underdog and fix a broken product there lol...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by bigadam73 View Post

    Did you ever try there pre workout anadraulic state gt. stuff was strong...but tasted terrible
    was good, not high on stims and some of the thickest stuff ive ever drank. almost gagged my first time
  27. Least effective supplements


    Quote Originally Posted by good2Badawg View Post
    was good, not high on stims and some of the thickest stuff ive ever drank. almost gagged my first time
    Yes it tasted like puke...the things we will do for a killer workout

    Oh driven sports activate xtreme was a huge waste of money
    Versa 1 sucked. I believed the hype
    Jacked micro sucked

  28. Anything from USP, hype machine and sheep

  29. Quote Originally Posted by bigadam73 View Post

    Jacked micro sucked
    In what way?

    What did you expect that you didn't get?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    We have an entire forum full of non responders I think lol.
    Raising hand. I don't know what it is with my body chemistry but I have to dose everything higher than the recommended doses to get any effect. Not just supplements either. I have to dose OTC medications and prescription medications higher than recommended for them to be effective. I just finished up a first run with Anabeta Elite and didn't notice much. No hunger increase, no strength gain, just a little additional muscle fullness.

  31. Ik everyone here are PES lovers and so am I but Anabeta Elite is on my list. I ran two bottles before and didn't see anything.

    Might give it one last shot

    Versa 1- is on the list if taken alone. Great product stacked with a pre workout IMO
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  32. Not really a supplement but AI Cynostane did nothing for me
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  33. Practically everything I bought in the 80's LOL, you younger guys have no idea how good you have it.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
    Raising hand. I don't know what it is with my body chemistry but I have to dose everything higher than the recommended doses to get any effect. Not just supplements either. I have to dose OTC medications and prescription medications higher than recommended for them to be effective. I just finished up a first run with Anabeta Elite and didn't notice much. No hunger increase, no strength gain, just a little additional muscle fullness.
    How long did u run it for? I noticed minor changes till about day 20 then it was off to the races after that.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  35. alphamine...unless feeling like crap is effective
    versa 1
    hghup....again do negative effective count as effective?
    powerfull
    zma doesn't do anything for me either, similar effects to hghup

    daa is pretty useless for gym results too even though it does boost libido and well being

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    alphamine...unless feeling like crap is effective
    versa 1
    hghup....again do negative effective count as effective?
    powerfull
    zma doesn't do anything for me either, similar effects to hghup

    daa is pretty useless for gym results too even though it does boost libido and well being
    Haven't heard very many complaints with Alphamine....on any forum. Maybe I could send a sample of the international version.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider

  37. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Haven't heard very many complaints with Alphamine....on any forum. Maybe I could send a sample of the international version.
    i know, i was recommending it to friends based on reviews, then i tried it and wasn't happy with it myself

    like anything thats sent to me, i'll gladly accept samples and give honest feedback

  38. How could I forget about dark matter by mhp!

    That stuff just made my craps all sorts of wired colors.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    How long did u run it for? I noticed minor changes till about day 20 then it was off to the races after that.
    I ran two 120 count bottles. The first bottle at 4 capsules a day. When I started the second bottle I upped it to 5 capsules a day. I did notice some additional muscle fullness, similar to taking a GDA, but that was about it. I suspect if I upped the dose to 6 capsules a day I'd benefit even more but at the point the cost:benefit ratio is questionable.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Haven't heard very many complaints with Alphamine....on any forum. Maybe I could send a sample of the international version.
    No appetite control or thermo effect even at 3 scoops for me. I'd have commented but any mention of Alphamine brings Touey out of hiding.
    BOARD TYRANT
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
  2. Most Effective Supplement?
    By Jon Devine in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
  4. WebMD: 9 Least Effective Exercises
    By yeahright in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
  5. Effective Supplements:
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Log in
Log in