Coconut oil and fat loss

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i've been using coconut oil for awhile now....i put it in my morning coffee, used to put it in my protein shake, i've also cooked with it and didn't 'mind it, but other ppl swear they taste coconuts when i used it for cooking

it just sucks because my ex gf's aunt runs a health store and got me a gallon of organic coconut oil for $1, i'm running low, have to find where i can get a gallon of it again
    Costco has giant tubs of it cheap here, so they must have them in the US, too. Nutiva brand, organic, etc etc...good stuff!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I start off almost every morning with coconut oil in my oatmeal or shake, I never had it in coffee but I had it in my tea...
    How do you do this?Coconut oil is stored in my fridge and even at room temperature it is solid
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

it melts easily, then just use a blender to make it mix well.
    *** iForce Nutrition Anabolic Minion Member ***
    •   

4. Registered User

Just blend a little longer. There may be small chunks but it doesn't matter. Throw some in your coffee too
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Costco has giant tubs of it cheap here, so they must have them in the US, too. Nutiva brand, organic, etc etc...good stuff!
    costco doesn't exist where i'm from....i have to talk my mother into taking me to sam's club and see if they have anything since she's the only one with a membership
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    This^^^^. I get the Carrington Farms brand. I'm going to try it on a sweet potato later instead of butter
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    This^^^^. I get the Carrington Farms brand. I'm going to try it on a sweet potato later instead of butter
    nothing wrong with butter, and butter is (proportionately speaking) a better fat for boosting test

not saying this applies to you specifically, but:
    if you are avoiding butter simply due to what you "hear" in the media, you have taken a turn down the wrong path indeed

and let me also state the obvious:
    just because coconut butter has unique properties (ie mct formation), this does NOT mean one can consume this fat with reckless abandon....a fat is still a fat, in the grand scheme of things
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    nothing wrong with butter, and butter is (proportionately speaking) a better fat for boosting test not saying this applies to you specifically, but: if you are avoiding butter simply due to what you "hear" in the media, you have taken a turn down the wrong path indeed and let me also state the obvious: just because coconut butter has unique properties (ie mct formation), this does NOT mean one can consume this fat with reckless abandon....a fat is still a fat, in the grand scheme of things
    I'm not avoiding butter, just trying something new
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    How do you do this?Coconut oil is stored in my fridge and even at room temperature it is solid
    It melts in hot food or liquid
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.

I'm a little confused here, So is coconut oil more rapidly absorbed than other fats? Would this possibly facilitate faster absorption of other fat soluble nutrients vs the use of other oils? Or is it just a matter of the energy from the mct's is produced faster?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by McBurly View Post
    I'm a little confused here, So is coconut oil more rapidly absorbed than other fats? Would this possibly facilitate faster absorption of other fat soluble nutrients vs the use of other oils? Or is it just a matter of the energy from the mct's is produced faster?
    I think the mcts in coconut oil are used more easily for energy rather than being stored, making them especially useful first thing in the morning and on keto-style diets.
  12. Registered User

nothing wrong with butter, and butter is (proportionately speaking) a better fat for boosting test

not saying this applies to you specifically, but:
    if you are avoiding butter simply due to what you "hear" in the media, you have taken a turn down the wrong path indeed

and let me also state the obvious:
    just because coconut butter has unique properties (ie mct formation), this does NOT mean one can consume this fat with reckless abandon....a fat is still a fat, in the grand scheme of things
    Well put snags

Quote Originally Posted by McBurly View Post
    No it would not. MCTs are absorbed rapidly because they bypass chylomicrons, which are the fat-soluble nutrient-carrying entity of the gut
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

What are people's thoughts on the whole avoiding carbs with fat approach in respect to this? That's one area I've found tricky, keeping fat and carbs high but separate in my 8 hour eating window (I follow 16/8 fasting protocol).
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    What are people's thoughts on the whole avoiding carbs with fat approach in respect to this? That's one area I've found tricky, keeping fat and carbs high but separate in my 8 hour eating window (I follow 16/8 fasting protocol).
    is one of the (many) reasons I am not a fan of such eating doctrine..
    there is no finite amount of fats you can consume with carbs, w/o adding to bodyfat stores..is individual
    but my own preference, when I have hi carbs conversely I maintain lower fats, and vice versa
    specifically: if I am over 20g fat in a feeding, then I am under 50g carbs carbs concurrently
    if I am having say 75g carb+, I will keep fats lower than 15g (and usually more like 12g or less), and the higher the crabs the lower the fat consumed

in your own pattern of eating however, you cannot do that realistically; just shoot for daily overall splits, in that instance
    and if you want to take your dietary maneuvers to the next level, then start being conscious of not just the macros, but (more importantly) the micros of those macros
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

is one of the (many) reasons I am not a fan of such eating doctrine..
    there is no finite amount of fats you can consume with carbs, w/o adding to bodyfat stores..is individual
    but my own preference, when I have hi carbs conversely I maintain lower fats, and vice versa
    specifically: if I am over 20g fat in a feeding, then I am under 50g carbs carbs concurrently
    if I am having say 75g carb+, I will keep fats lower than 15g (and usually more like 12g or less), and the higher the crabs the lower the fat consumed

in your own pattern of eating however, you cannot do that realistically; just shoot for daily overall splits, in that instance
    and if you want to take your dietary maneuvers to the next level, then start being conscious of not just the macros, but (more importantly) the micros of those macros
    It's not impossible, just requires a bit more thought is all. Since going 16/8, I have leaned out and feel better than I've EVER done in my life, and that's having been a regular gym go-er and eaten 'healthy' for the past 10+ years. It's the best thing I've ever done, bar none, so I'm happy overall with it. As I say though, just requires a bit more thought and planning regards the macro split.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    It's not impossible, just requires a bit more thought is all. Since going 16/8, I have leaned out and feel better than I've EVER done in my life, and that's having been a regular gym go-er and eaten 'healthy' for the past 10+ years. It's the best thing I've ever done, bar none, so I'm happy overall with it. As I say though, just requires a bit more thought and planning regards the macro split.
    Right there with you. 16/8, sometimes 18/6... I take in most carbs post workout and little fat,
    Then my pre bed meal (2 hours pre) has more fat, less carbs... Eating out on this plan has become tough though. Bc u don't know what they cook with usually, and a simple chicken dish could have hidden fat. 'Merica lol
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Flax Oil and Weight Loss
    By mcgwirefan37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
  2. Insulin regulation and fat loss
    By zachs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:04 PM
  3. Vitamin C and Fat Loss
    By BOHICA in forum Weight Loss