Bulking with Alphamine?

C

Christurner14

Awards
What's everyone's thoughts?? Worked whilst losing fat but what about when on a higher carb diet? Worth it?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hink there would be better options when bulking. I might recommend testabolan v2 and something like ara
wich will help keep you lean anyways.

C

Christurner14

Awards
I hink there would be better options when bulking. I might recommend testabolan v2 and something like ara wich will help keep you lean anyways.
I'm taking Xfactor advanced aswell, think it's not worth it then?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk with AnaBeta. Cut with Alphamine. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Im with the rest of the people here, lots of better options.

-X-gels + anabeta + forskolin
-x-gels + glycophase + forskolin
-anabeta + glycophase + forskolin
-recompadrol + x-gels

So many stacks!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna go ABE, X-Gels with Recompadrol for my next stack.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
^ Pretty much the reason why they are pointless on a bulk lol

C

Christurner14

Awards
With recompadrol, you take 3 servings (6 caps) a day right? That's only 15 days!! Could you drop the dose to two servings a day??

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
much better options for a cut or a bulk imo than alphamine

look into something like tropinol xp, kept me lean and dry while calories were still on the higher side of things....good pump and strength increases as well

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulk with AnaBeta. Cut with Alphamine. :)
Anabeta, prime, forskolin and daa with erase

You will not be disappointed.

And use the obvious metabolic powder and recompadrol ;)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to disagree quite a bit with the former posts here. Some fat burners are actually preferred on a bulking routine. For instance, Reduce XT prevents cortisol spikes, which helps prevent adipocyte differentiation and adipogenesis. And during which phase of one's diet do the latter two processes occur with the highest predominance? Bulking.

The same can be said for forskolin, TTA, raspberry ketones, and even EC (beta agonists are plenty useful regardless of energetic state). These products create an unfavorable state for fat storage, and many are tested in individuals fed a high-fat/high-calorie diet.
From the thread linked.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lolz, someone didn't read any of coops posts in the thread I linked.
No, but with all 'fat loss' tailored ingredients, why would you use it? Waaay better supplements out there for a bulk.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, but with all 'fat loss' tailored ingredients, why would you use it? Waaay better supplements out there for a bulk.
Because of the reasons mentioned in the post I quoted.

This is not necessarily to say that alphamine should be used in particular, but a ton of "fat loss" ingredients would be very beneficial while bulking.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glycophase, Recompadrol, and SSv2 to name a few :).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Because of the reasons mentioned in the post I quoted.

This is not necessarily to say that alphamine should be used in particular, but a ton of "fat loss" ingredients would be very beneficial while bulking.
I can't see the link, im on my phone, but lets assume that calorie intake will dictate weight loss or gain in a far superior manner than supplements; in a bulk the idea is to consume in an excess yet fat loss products will only make this feat more difficult, and more expensive.

I really just don't see the point. Its like saying "here, have this product and make bulking even more difficult" lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
El linko. (Spanish for the link)

I can't see the link, im on my phone, but lets assume that calorie intake will dictate weight loss or gain in a far superior manner than supplements; in a bulk the idea is to consume in an excess yet fat loss products will only make this feat more difficult, and more expensive.

I really just don't see the point. Its like saying "here, have this product and make bulking even more difficult" lol.
I'm not sure why the ingredients mentioned in the quoted post would make it difficult to eat the required surplus.

Read coopers posts about how they can slow/prevent fat gain while in a caloric surplus and then it would make sense why they would be beneficial for a bulk.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks for the link jim. The details are in the thread, but the cliffs is that many supplements are studied for their ability to prevent fat gain, not invoke fat loss. Examples in alphamine include oleuropein and chlorogenic acid...and the HICA was studied during a bulking period, and was shown effective in improving LBM in humans.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the link jim. The details are in the thread, but the cliffs is that many supplements are studied for their ability to prevent fat gain, not invoke fat loss. Examples in alphamine include oleuropein and chlorogenic acid...and the HICA was studied during a bulking period, and was shown effective in improving LBM in humans.
But those represent only a portion of the product. And HICA is only one ingrediant. What about yohimbe?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But those represent only a portion of the product. And HICA is only one ingrediant. What about yohimbe?
I use it in my preworkout, whether I'm bulking or cutting. Whoops, guess I'm screwed forever and will never be able to build muscle.....

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm not sure I understand. That is 1/3rd of the product. What about yohimbe? Yohimbe's effects aren't dictated by total caloric intake. It is lipolytic so long as consumed fasted.

The only fat burners out there that won't work on a bulk are those like Shift, thyrocaps, etc that work chiefly through widening the caloric gap.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I use it in my preworkout, whether I'm bulking or cutting. Whoops, guess I'm screwed forever and will never be able to build muscle.....
Thats not the point i was making. Just better products out there better suited for a bulk.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thats not the point i was making. Just better products out there better suited for a bulk.
I agree that alphamine is best suited for a cut, but it will absolutely work for body recomposition on a bulk. It isn't a stim-bomb that works only through appetite suppression or caloric burn. It has legitimate body recomposition ingredients (which is a trend you will see with other PES products, e.g. anabeta elite, forskolin-95, etc).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree that alphamine is best suited for a cut, but it will absolutely work for body recomposition on a bulk. It isn't a stim-bomb that works only through appetite suppression or caloric burn. It has legitimate body recomposition ingredients (which is a trend you will see with other PES products, e.g. anabeta elite, forskolin-95, etc).
I agree, i wasnt bashing alphamine. But i wouldnt recommend it on a bulk.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Why not? There's no reason not to use it while bulking.
Im not going to change my opinion. Whether or not you agree doesn't bother me.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not going to change my opinion. Whether or not you agree doesn't bother me.
I didn't ask you to change your opinion, or to agree.

I asked you WHY you wouldn't recommend it.

Not sure what the animosity was for, I guess you aren't a fan of opposing viewpoints?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I didn't ask you to change your opinion, or to agree.

I asked you WHY you wouldn't recommend it.

Not sure what the animosity was for, I guess you aren't a fan of opposing viewpoints?
Because you are asking me to repeat something i've already said. It may improve lipolysis, or induce in, but in a calorie surplus.you are accumulating triglycerides anyway; that is part of a bulk. It may help limit fat gain, but it cant prevent it. So something like SSv2, glycophase, recompadrol, and forskolin would be preferable.

You can limit how much fat you put on by only increasing as minimal above your TDEE as possible, so i dont see the need for this kind of product in a bulk.

And enough with the strawman and personal attacks.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Because you are asking me to repeat something i've already said. It may improve lipolysis, or induce in, but in a calorie surplus.you are accumulating triglycerides anyway; that is part of a bulk. It may help limit fat gain, but it cant prevent it. So something like SSv2, glycophase, recompadrol, and forskolin would be preferable.

You can limit how much fat you put on by only increasing as minimal above your TDEE as possible, so i dont see the need for this kind of product in a bulk.

I agree with pretty much this whole post except for one thing. Glycophase is chiefly gymnema/banaba, which acts as more of a carb-blocking combo (equivalent of subtracting calories, aka what we both agree is not useful while bulking). It also has berberine which is best used while cutting (AMPK stimulation). Glycophase would thus be best used while cutting. Recompadrol has similar carb-blocking ingredients, but HCA is an anti-obesity compound, so it is best used on a recomp (aptly named). Now I can agree with SSv2. That works great on a bulk due to the G. pentaphyllum.

The first step in understanding the GDAs is understanding how each one works. For instance, many people don't realize that Burn24 works very strongly via inhibition of carbohydrate digestion (enzymatically speaking). The berberine and bergenin are the two real work horses outside of the GI lumen.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree with pretty much this whole post except for one thing. Glycophase is chiefly gymnema/banaba, which acts as more of a carb-blocking combo (equivalent of subtracting calories, aka what we both agree is not useful while bulking). It also has berberine which is best used while cutting (AMPK stimulation). Glycophase would thus be best used while cutting. Recompadrol has similar carb-blocking ingredients, but HCA is an anti-obesity compound, so it is best used on a recomp (aptly named). Now I can agree with SSv2. That works great on a bulk due to the G. pentaphyllum.

The first step in understanding the GDAs is understanding how each one works. For instance, many people don't realize that Burn24 works very strongly via inhibition of carbohydrate digestion (enzymatically speaking). The berberine and bergenin are the two real work horses outside of the GI lumen.
Ah, well then i stand corrected. And this is very interesting info.

Edit: I will add, just to be clear, that I wasn't stating alphamine wouldn't work in a bulk. I was simply stating that there are better suited products (that were developed for the purpose of a bulk) out there. If OP wants to use it, and it works, then awesome.

But if someone asked me what a good bulking stack is; alphamine wouldn't be my first suggestion. For a cut, undoubtedly. Just not in this situation.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Now, maybe this is just me, but if it can help limit fat gain in a bulk, and generally most people want to bulk up and build as much muscle with as little fat as possible, wouldn't it be perfect for bulking?

And again, I'm not talking specifically about alphamine, but when I asked you why I was hoping you would tell me which ingredient in alphamine you wouldn't consider useful for a bulk.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabeta+xgels or ara product+lclt +cook everything in coconut oil

Creatine,fish oil,beta alinine,cop and agmatine are staples of mine so not counted

Favorite natural stack.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Now, maybe this is just me, but if it can help limit fat gain in a bulk, and generally most people want to bulk up and build as much muscle with as little fat as possible, wouldn't it be perfect for bulking?
6Gsz7.gif
Lol jim on Jiigzz like snappy on cat tail

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

And again, I'm not talking specifically about alphamine, but when I asked you why I was hoping you would tell me which ingredient in alphamine you wouldn't consider useful for a bulk.
A proper diet can limit fat gain on a bulk. 250kcals + on maintenance would limit fat gain (to an extent, you cannot fully prevent it), so why not just eat 250 kcals over?

In any case, why are you nitpicking my opinion? If you don't like it, don't follow it. I just don't understand why someone would use a thermogenic in a bulk, i.e. increase BMR above normal baseline. If your a student like me and money is hard to come by, why make bulking that bit more difficult?

Higenamine, caffiene, tembamide and Yohimbine are thermogenic ingredients.

Yohimbine is also claimed to have appetite suppressing effects which is counter-intuitive to a bulk.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A proper diet can limit fat gain on a bulk. 250kcals + on maintenance would limit fat gain (to an extent, you cannot fully prevent it), so why not just eat 250 kcals over?

In any case, why are you nitpicking my opinion? If you don't like it, don't follow it. I just don't understand why someone would use a thermogenic in a bulk, i.e. increase BMR above normal baseline. If your a student like me and money is hard to come by, why make bulking that bit more difficult?

Higenamine, caffiene, tembamide and Yohimbine are thermogenic ingredients.

Yohimbine is also claimed to have appetite suppressing effects which is counter-intuitive to a bulk.

Because, in the thread I linked, Mr.Cooper talks about hoe using some of the supplements considered 'fat burning' ingredients would increase the amount of FFM gained with the same caloric excess. So, having the same excess one would gain more muscle and less fat while using them.

I'm not nitpicking your opinion, you're being overly defensive about it. I'm giving another opinion for the sake of discussion and sharing information that is contrary to your opinion so that other posters can see both sides of the discussion and choose which ever they think sounds more appealing.

Caffeine specifically is very useful for limiting fat gain during a bulk (which is explained in the link thread). And, yohimbe and caffeine are both used frequently in preWO products. Do you go on a stim break every time you try to bulk (this is a serious question)?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Because, in the thread I linked, Mr.Cooper talks about hoe using some of the supplements considered 'fat burning' ingredients would increase the amount of FFM gained with the same caloric excess. So, having the same excess one would gain more muscle and less fat while using them.

I'm not nitpicking your opinion, you're being overly defensive about it. I'm giving another opinion for the sake of discussion and sharing information that is contrary to your opinion so that other posters can see both sides of the discussion and choose which ever they think sounds more appealing.

Caffeine specifically is very useful for limiting fat gain during a bulk (which is explained in the link thread). And, yohimbe and caffeine are both used frequently in preWO products. Do you go on a stim break every time you try to bulk (this is a serious question)?
No, but I would limit the amount of thermogenics I would use. From Coop:

Cardio for caloric burn is indeed a waste on a bulk. Cardio for muscular endurance/type II fiber recruitment (HIIT) or simply cardio to boost cardiovascular function with intent of translating into improved breathing while weightlifting (i.e. squats, lunges, deadlifts) can be beneficial. Again, re-read my posts on the previous page. Supplements that affect the thyroid or induce caloric burn are a waste on a bulk, but those that act through anti-obesogenic mechanisms (i.e. raspberry ketones, TTA, 7-keto) may be beneficial.

In fact, the aforementioned compounds are what truly partition calories to muscle vs adipose. GDAs are generally non-discriminatory and are simply worthwhile as overall health aids.

I know you said "most" fat burners, and this post isn't intended to be critical, so don't take it that way :). Just more info because I'm stimmed up and ambitious today
Now, I agree that anti-obesity ingredients are worthwhile, but not so with all the thermogenics.

Anyway, this is going nowhere. Agree to disagree.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cyrus gets quoted more on Anabolic Minds than PubMed does lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Cyrus gets quoted more on Anabolic Minds than PubMed does lol.
Haha, he sure does. I think he counts as an official resource.

This post was just in the thread he linked.

Alphamine is just different because it contains anti-obesity ingredients AND thermogenics, hence the dscussion. Personally, I would rather use RK or other anti-obesity ingredients solo than run a product that includes them as well as thermogenics.

In these tough times, I even have to limit my HIIT in order to consume enough to bulk and I would prefer people performed HIIT (which induces physiological adaptations to increase lipolysis) rather than a supplement. Try consuming alphamine AND do HIIT and bulk lol