Oxyelite pro (new version) powder &pills illness

Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So I guess, no more Versa-1, Oep Advanced, or anything with aegeline in it?

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.co...ements-am.aspx

Even though they couldn't prove it was Aegeline that caused the illnesses?. That is upsetting. Kinda pisses me off cause I wanted to try the Oep Advanced. FDA seems be just a big schoolyard bully. Shoot first, ask questions later I guess.
    Maybe my reading skills have gone to hell, but correct me if I'm wrong, did that article in the link basically suggest that the contaminated batch theory does not apply here as the issue involved different lots of product?

2. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So I guess, no more Versa-1, Oep Advanced, or anything with aegeline in it?

http://www.naturalproductsinsider.co...ements-am.aspx

Even though they couldn't prove it was Aegeline that caused the illnesses?. That is upsetting. Kinda pisses me off cause I wanted to try the Oep Advanced. FDA seems be just a big schoolyard bully. Shoot first, ask questions later I guess.
    So what about enhanced?
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    So what about enhanced?

I don't know about enhanced. Hopefully they don't bother PES.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

So what about enhanced?
    I think only USP is on the FDA radar. Which comes as no surprise, the FDA really seem to like USP a lot.

5. But they're affiliated...
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    •   

6. Just to clarify. Aegeline is not in Alphamine correct?
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    But they're affiliated...
    In what way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Afi140 View Post
    Just to clarify. Aegeline is not in Alphamine correct?
    I don't believe so

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    In what way? I don't believe so
    Thanks
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    In what way?

I don't believe so
    Sister companies hahaha!!!

And someone a page or two back said no I think
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

10. You guys missed that thread...I believe Spaniard was joking.

11. Or brother companies... step children... in laws... kissing cousins if you will
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

12. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

Sister companies hahaha!!!

And someone a page or two back said no I think
    I haven't seen anything to imply that, except for mw1 posting it and never backing any of it up.

It doesn't necessarily mean they aren't, but all the PES reps stand by the fact that they aren't affiliated.

13. My curiosity is for enhanced... same ingredient possibly affiliated company. I've still never tried it so I'm wondering if maybe I should pick a tub up just in case.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I haven't seen anything to imply that, except for mw1 posting it and never backing any of it up.

It doesn't necessarily mean they aren't, but all the PES reps stand by the fact that they aren't affiliated.
    Time will show...just like Craze

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    mike at competitiveedgelabs dot com

15. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    My curiosity is for enhanced... same ingredient possibly affiliated company. I've still never tried it so I'm wondering if maybe I should pick a tub up just in case.
    Pick up a tub. You will love it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

16. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Pick up a tub. You will love it
    Deff going to wait and see how everything pans out first.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

17. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Deff going to wait and see how everything pans out first.
    Oh yeah well if the cases are link to the aegeline then that is a wise move.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

FWIW, my buddy used versa 1 for an 8 week run right after its release, no liver failure.

I've been using enhanced regularly all month, no liver failure.

So, the aegeline idea seems fairly farfetched based on my experience with the ingredient.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

The problem the FDA had/has with Aegeline is that it supposedly is not found in the food supply, so it's not DSHEA compliant. The reason for the confusion, is that aegeline is the only common ingredient in the products that supposedly caused the liver problems/non-viral hepatitis. So the doctors are just assuming based on clearing circumstantial evidence, that aegeline is the cause.

FDA="Aegeline is not found in the food supply!, It's not DSHEA compliant!"

Doctors="Aegeline must be the cause of sickness because it's the only commonality in all the products!"

20. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    The problem the FDA had/has with Aegeline is that it supposedly is not found in the food supply, so it's not DSHEA compliant. The reason for the confusion, is that aegeline is the only common ingredient in the products that supposedly caused the liver problems/non-viral hepatitis. So the doctors are just assuming based on clearing circumstantial evidence, that aegeline is the cause.
    Not worth it man lol... I like my health
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

21. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So its just speculation? That's pretty poor.

22. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

FDA="Aegeline is not found in the food supply!, It's not DSHEA compliant!"

Doctors="Aegeline must be the cause of sickness because it's the only commonality in all the products!"
    That isn't true, is it?

I could've sworn that they said it wasn't just the new OEP and that the OG version with DMAA was also the formula used in some of the cases. Although, I know you followed this much more closely than I did.

23. I trust PES and my two tubs have treated me well so i'll continue to use.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That isn't true, is it?

I could've sworn that they said it wasn't just the new OEP and that the OG version with DMAA was also the formula used in some of the cases. Although, I know you followed this much more closely than I did.

It is true. They did mention the original version with DMAA, but that was just for history's sake because supposedly it caused heart attacks or something like that. I believe it was just part of the story when they were discussing the history of Usp Labs.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I trust PES and my two tubs have treated me well so i'll continue to use.
    A lot of people trusted DS... a lot of people trust USP, not saying one way or another on what I think. I've just learned to be cautious in the supplement world.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

26. I'm sure the FDA doesn't like the fact USP fought them on DMAA, so any chance to go after them would be a treat. Regardless it does seem odd that this only occurred in Hawaii. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it and don't just let it fade away, leaving everyone clueless as the cause. Were all the cases acute hepatitis?

27. Quote Originally Posted by McBurly View Post
    I'm sure the FDA doesn't like the fact USP fought them on DMAA, so any chance to go after them would be a treat. Regardless it does seem odd that this only occurred in Hawaii. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it and don't just let it fade away, leaving everyone clueless as the cause. Were all the cases acute hepatitis?
    It has been stated that because Hawaii is small, that localizing the issue would be far easier than if it occurred in the U.S. Over here in NZ, a million miles from the U.S, we have had one case of the exact same thing occurring in someone who had used the product. That to me is to much of a coincidence.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    My curiosity is for enhanced... same ingredient possibly affiliated company. I've still never tried it so I'm wondering if maybe I should pick a tub up just in case.
    Damn it I just sold my last tub of enhanced.

29. It's not just in Hawaii anymore. According the article I posted there are now 56 confirmed cases total.

Quote Originally Posted by Article linked
    CDC is reportedly aware of other cases in the mainland United States associated with OxyElite Pro. A spokesperson for the health agency told INSIDER CDC had confirmed 56 cases as of yesterday. She declined to provide further details, including the number of individuals who have been hospitalized.

30. It was said Versa-1 was found to contain a designer steroid during it's initial release.
    Any truth to that? (Ill see if I can find the link).

Companies have done that in the past, spike the initial batches, people gain from the product, praise how great it is in their logs, then the remaining batches are herbal and don't do too much. Shady and dangerous if that really was the case with Versa-1.

"and VERSA-1, which the group's tests on a sample purchased in February found the anabolic agent methylclostebol".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...story/3179113/
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thoughts on Oxyelite Pro new formula/also using C4
    By xxZer0xx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 04:05 PM
  2. OxyElite Pro Super Thermo Powder now at Nutra!
    By T-Bone in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM
  3. The New OxyELITE Pro...?
    By Uziel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
  4. OxyElite Pro brand new sealed
    By roblasane in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
  5. Replies: 5