Oxyelite pro (new version) powder &pills illness

Page 2 of 11 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Maybe they're all on Ice in Hawaii in addition to OxyElite. One thing Dog the Bounty Hunter taught me: everyone's on Ice.
    Eh brah, no put everyone in one basket. I wouldn't believe someone who look like dog the bounty hunter . I'm a local from hawaii and I speak for everyone from here. Who is a member of this forum.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post

read the article Carefully and then reason...
    I say tainted pineapple...cuz everyone in Hawaii is on the p'apple amirite?

FWIW, I just finished a tub of oxy powder earlier this week...no abnormalities...just extreme lower body sweating...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  3. Registered User

I would advise strongly against taking it until it gets sorted. Remember the FDA letter of food grade pesticide? That has a strong link to liver damage. I used jacked micro and bronkaid and my ast and alt levels were over 300 for 2 months. Stopped bronkaid and micro. Problem solved. Either way it is too coincidental for me that 30 people have this problem. I would be cautious for now.
    Check out Island Supplements.com for all your supplement needs.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.

Out of the 1000s of individuals who have used this product there's only a handful of reports where individuals got sick. No insight to their previous health history, activity levels, or exact info of all the symptoms associated. I just don't like the way it looks as I honestly cant see USP marketing an unsafe product to the masses. If you are truly worried and live in that area maybe a Direct email can score you a tested batch of the product and more info can be provided as well.
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Out of the 1000s of individuals who have used this product there's only a handful of reports where individuals got sick. No insight to their previous health history, activity levels, or exact info of all the symptoms associated. I just don't like the way it looks as I honestly cant see USP marketing an unsafe product to the masses. If you are truly worried and live in that area maybe a Direct email can score you a tested batch of the product and more info can be provided as well.
    Either way... I would at least "hold off" until it gets sorted out.. Personally. Coffin or weight loss? Tough call. The FDA isn't exactly available with the shutdown. People will do what they want though. It just appears the common denominator is oep. If it's not oep then you can jump right back on it. Alphamine would make a nice if not better transition to hold you over if need be.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I finished a tub of Oep powder early last week...I'm alive...I'M ALIVE!!! (Runs down the hallway singing)
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

I'm from hawaii, but I don't get my supps from here. Only from Nutraplanet
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    I finished a tub of Oep powder early last week...I'm alive...I'M ALIVE!!! (Runs down the hallway singing)

So far anyway, right?
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Sorry for long thread, but hope to contribute to an issue near and dear to me:

The good and bad about the dietary supplement industry is that it is not regulated (officially) by the FDA. As proof, any / all dietary supplements will contain the words: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)" on the label.

First and foremost, I feel horrible for those whom suffered liver failure (brutal), as well as USP Labs whom is about to face a litigation nightmare. I suspect the individuals whom suffered liver failure will have some commonality such as use of other liver toxic agents, possible pre-existing liver issues, used excessive amounts of the product, etc. (all speculation of course). This would however explain why not everyone that uses OxyElite Pro suffers liver failure. That said, if you've taken OxyElite Pro for any length of time, is it a horrible idea to go to a lab and have your liver enzymes checked...why not? It's quick, inexpensive and not a bad idea regardless.

Not singling out USP Labs, however a common practice I personally don't like is when supplement companies trademark otherwise meaningless names, such as USP Labs did with "AlphaShred" in OxyElite Pro. It tells the consumer nothing and seems an attempt to deceive the uneducated consumer. Don't get me wrong, I understand why it's done. In such a competitive industry where anything can be copied due to the components being naturally occurring...it's a theoretically smart piece of marketing. For example, one cannot patent the orange. It's a fruit that grows on a tree. However a company can trademark their "brand" of oranges; perhaps "America's Best Oranges!" The reality is, they are still just oranges. The fact is, consumers often pay more for the branded orange (humans are odd).

Back to USP Labs, to their credit, they do clearly indicate all compounds featured under the trademark "AlphaShred". In review, none of them stand out as having known liver toxicity. That said, all supplements taken orally must pass the digestive tract. Unless acidic / digested inside the stomach, the drug is broken down and metabolized at the liver (first pass metabolism). This is where many supplements are largely metabolized into waste (literally), while other compounds are converted into more powerful metabolites. These are called "prodrugs". One example that comes to mind is GBL, a prodrug of GHB.

Perhaps it will be found that one or more of the compounds in OxyPro Elite are stressful to the liver; so is acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol). Even so, people take acetaminophen like candy and an estimated 500 deaths are attributed to liver failure each year due to acetaminophen! The difference? The FDA requires that all acetaminophen products contain a statement something like "Acetaminophen is known to be toxic to the liver. Never exceed the recommended dose. Do not take if you have a pre-existing liver condition.", etc. So I guess it's okay. It may have something to do with the $100 billion company that owns Tylenol, Johnson & Johnson.

Of course, this will give the FDA a reason to impose more regulations and red tape on the dietary supplement industry. By the way, I know first hand that this is not always good for protecting public health! For example, topical (transdermal) administration of natural components avoids first pass metabolism as it passes through the dermis, directly into the blood. However, the FDA does not recognize a dietary supplement in the form of a topical gel or lotion. It's either a "cosmetic" or a "drug". If any systemic benefit / claim is inferred by a topical product, it's only a matter of time before the FDA sends the company a seize and desist letter. This is sad as the fact is, topical supplements are generally safer than oral supplements if for no other reason than any adverse effect is immediately noticed on the organ it passes through...the skin! It takes a while to notice liver damage before it's too late.

The bottom line: "consumer beware". Read the ingredients of the supplement before you use it, if it's a trademarked proprietary blend, unless it states what that blend consists of, I'd pass. We all know the best diet aid available for weight loss is a properly balanced, limited calorie diet with regular exercise, and the price cannot be beat!

It will be interesting to see how the FDA reacts to this in the upcoming weeks, how much the media hypes it (incorrectly of course), and what the end result is. In the meantime, I hope the above information is helpful to some.
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Raize View Post
    Sorry for long thread, but hope to contribute to an issue near and dear to me:

The good and bad about the dietary supplement industry is that it is not regulated (officially) by the FDA. As proof, any / all dietary supplements will contain the words: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)" on the label.

First and foremost, I feel horrible for those whom suffered liver failure (brutal), as well as USP Labs whom is about to face a litigation nightmare. I suspect the individuals whom suffered liver failure will have some commonality such as use of other liver toxic agents, possible pre-existing liver issues, used excessive amounts of the product, etc. (all speculation of course). This would however explain why not everyone that uses OxyElite Pro suffers liver failure. That said, if you've taken OxyElite Pro for any length of time, is it a horrible idea to go to a lab and have your liver enzymes checked...why not? It's quick, inexpensive and not a bad idea regardless.

Not singling out USP Labs, however a common practice I personally don't like is when supplement companies trademark otherwise meaningless names, such as USP Labs did with "AlphaShred" in OxyElite Pro. It tells the consumer nothing and seems an attempt to deceive the uneducated consumer. Don't get me wrong, I understand why it's done. In such a competitive industry where anything can be copied due to the components being naturally occurring...it's a theoretically smart piece of marketing. For example, one cannot patent the orange. It's a fruit that grows on a tree. However a company can trademark their "brand" of oranges; perhaps "America's Best Oranges!" The reality is, they are still just oranges. The fact is, consumers often pay more for the branded orange (humans are odd).

Back to USP Labs, to their credit, they do clearly indicate all compounds featured under the trademark "AlphaShred". In review, none of them stand out as having known liver toxicity. That said, all supplements taken orally must pass the digestive tract. Unless acidic / digested inside the stomach, the drug is broken down and metabolized at the liver (first pass metabolism). This is where many supplements are largely metabolized into waste (literally), while other compounds are converted into more powerful metabolites. These are called "prodrugs". One example that comes to mind is GBL, a prodrug of GHB.

Perhaps it will be found that one or more of the compounds in OxyPro Elite are stressful to the liver; so is acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol). Even so, people take acetaminophen like candy and an estimated 500 deaths are attributed to liver failure each year due to acetaminophen! The difference? The FDA requires that all acetaminophen products contain a statement something like "Acetaminophen is known to be toxic to the liver. Never exceed the recommended dose. Do not take if you have a pre-existing liver condition.", etc. So I guess it's okay. It may have something to do with the $100 billion company that owns Tylenol, Johnson & Johnson.

Of course, this will give the FDA a reason to impose more regulations and red tape on the dietary supplement industry. By the way, I know first hand that this is not always good for protecting public health! For example, topical (transdermal) administration of natural components avoids first pass metabolism as it passes through the dermis, directly into the blood. However, the FDA does not recognize a dietary supplement in the form of a topical gel or lotion. It's either a "cosmetic" or a "drug". If any systemic benefit / claim is inferred by a topical product, it's only a matter of time before the FDA sends the company a seize and desist letter. This is sad as the fact is, topical supplements are generally safer than oral supplements if for no other reason than any adverse effect is immediately noticed on the organ it passes through...the skin! It takes a while to notice liver damage before it's too late.

The bottom line: "consumer beware". Read the ingredients of the supplement before you use it, if it's a trademarked proprietary blend, unless it states what that blend consists of, I'd pass. We all know the best diet aid available for weight loss is a properly balanced, limited calorie diet with regular exercise, and the price cannot be beat!

It will be interesting to see how the FDA reacts to this in the upcoming weeks, how much the media hypes it (incorrectly of course), and what the end result is. In the meantime, I hope the above information is helpful to some.
    Do you know of any topical that has been pulled due to FDA oversight of the cosmetics law? I don't
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  11. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Do you know of any topical that has been pulled due to FDA oversight of the cosmetics law? I don't
    That's because they go after topicals for what they really are~ drugs. Its easier for them to seize something like topical formestane because its an unapproved drug.
    @Raize- While u had an interesting theory , I have to disagree with topicals being safer than oral. Topicals are harder to test for quality(purity) and quantity of ingreds.

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  12. Registered User

Just because its a trans-dermal doesn't make it safe on the liver.
    S.N.S. Rep

13. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Correct- there have been topical phs in the past with nasty sides

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  14. Registered User

Having over 30 people with complete liver failure from a product, that's something worth looking into. Maybe recall the product, or allow people ship back unused portions for a new product of choice?. After something like this I wouldn't be like, "Yeah, you're good, keep taking it, you'll be fine."...Yeah I think I just made the decision for myself. I'm stopping this product...To continue taking it at this point with my background would be considered "going Full Retard".
    S.N.S. Rep

15. Registered User

[QUOTE="T-Bone;4193962"]Having over 30 people with complete liver failure from a product, that's something worth looking into. Maybe recall the product, or allow people ship back unused portions for a new product of choice?. After something like this I wouldn't be like, "Yeah, you're good, keep taking it, you'll be fine."...Yeah I think I just made the decision for myself. I'm stopping this product...To continue taking it at this point with my background would be considered "going Full Retard".[/QUOTE

Agreed. Too many shady stories in the past..craze...cough cough. Along with countless others. Smarter to wait until it's cleared up. IMHO of course
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    First, I'm not intent on a 'topical are safer than oral' supplement debate; rather pointing out the FDA doesn't always have eye on public safety. This is simply one example I'm very familiar with.I am involved in topical project where our biggest combatant seem to be the FDA. I have several letters from FDA pointing out that cosmetic products alluding to systemic claims are therefore drugs. Our products have thus been removed from several online retailers, and sales have been hurt tremendously. I'm sure there are better examples, however this i one I'm personally very familiar with so though I'd share.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

Having over 30 people with complete liver failure from a product, that's something worth looking into. Maybe recall the product, or allow people ship back unused portions for a new product of choice?. After something like this I wouldn't be like, "Yeah, you're good, keep taking it, you'll be fine."...Yeah I think I just made the decision for myself. I'm stopping this product...To continue taking it at this point with my background would be considered "going Full Retard".
    On the news this morning, the FDA removed all oxyelite pro off the shelves in the United States.

So, could they have found something in it that's causing this, ingredients , contamination?

Don't know how to post a link, maybe t-bone can post a link about that?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    On the news this morning, the FDA removed all oxyelite pro off the shelves in the United States.

So, could they have found something in it that's causing this, ingredients , contamination?

This is news to me, couldn't find anything via Google. Are you sure you didn't misread this since most articles about this recent case also refers to the FDA forcing the destruction and confiscation of OG OEP (with the DMAA) a little whiles back.

Would definitely like to see the news on this if the FDA did indeed force a recall of all OEP's on shelves this morning.
  20. Registered User

Man. If it's true what legal recourse could individuals have? The hospitalized ones? I hope it's not true but who knows
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4066158.html

I know, huffington post, but hey it was the first link I found.
    S.N.S. Rep

22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4066158.html

I know, huffington post, but hey it was the first link I found.
    This certainly is disconcerting...
  23. Registered User
    S.N.S. Rep

24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

RE: T-Bone Link: Very odd. Hepatitis? Leads one to consider unsanitary laboratory / manufacturing facility..? Also, are there really "counterfeits" of OxyElite Pro on the market?? I've been called naive, but this is pretty crazy if true.

This story gets more and more interesting! Thanks for link.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

Thanks t-bone
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

If all the cases are local I'd say counterfeit
    The Swole Stoner
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.

Shiiiit...
    Took a full run of the OEP with DMAA but I feel fine..
    It was some good stuff.. I took it according to the label though..
  28. Registered User
    Board Sponsor

Def doesn't make it safe. I would go with a liver support system product for sure to protect your organs. You don't want to have a reaction to anything. It's honestly the best way to do things. Good luck with your training and goals.
  29. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Anyone ever think it may have been food ingested

My thinkin here;

Your taking this to lose weight. There for diets are hopefully healthier and contain more fish and other foods that are served raw specifically in Hawaii. In fact I remember seeing on food network a Hawaiian food (leaf) that if not cooked long enough is toxic.

So maybe they are eating similar foods that caused some sort of issue
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Anyone ever think it may have been food ingested My thinkin here; Your taking this to lose weight. There for diets are hopefully healthier and contain more fish and other foods that are served raw specifically in Hawaii. In fact I remember seeing on food network a Hawaiian food (leaf) that if not cooked long enough is toxic. So maybe they are eating similar foods that caused some sort of issue
    Possibly. Heck, at this point anything is possible. That is a good thought though. I just strongly suggest holding off from oep until it's sorted out. I hope it's some dumb fish instead of supps but who knows. My only connection is FDA letter clearly talking about food grade pesticide. That tends to be extremely harsh on the liver. It could be counterfeit too. I just have a bad taste from DS screaming counterfeit
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thoughts on Oxyelite Pro new formula/also using C4
    By xxZer0xx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
  2. OxyElite Pro Super Thermo Powder now at Nutra!
    By T-Bone in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 11:36 AM
  3. The New OxyELITE Pro...?
    By Uziel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  4. OxyElite Pro brand new sealed
    By roblasane in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
  5. Replies: 5