BCAA Advice

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Modern BCAA+
    Cor beta BCAA
    Aminolast
    Xtend
    Strive (this is as comprehensive of a AA supplement as you are going to get)
    This...

Core ABC too from CORE

Top notch products, very cost effective and solid formula's.

being 2:1:1 is the only researched blend of amino's on the market,
    "2:1:1 is the proven scientific ratio. Higher leucine doesn't mean better results, sometimes it can become refractory."

A good read:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1%3A1+Research
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com

2. good reply, cheers bro!
    •   

3. BCAA peptides are the best way to go.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    This...
    "2:1:1 is the proven scientific ratio. Higher leucine doesn't mean better results, sometimes it can become refractory."
    So adding extra leucine would actually counter any positive/beneficial effects and potentially cause negative ones? Or would it simply not do anything additional and be a waste?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    So adding extra leucine would actually counter any positive/beneficial effects and potentially cause negative ones? Or would it simply not do anything additional and be a waste?
    At a certain point it won't give additional benefit
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    At a certain point it won't give additional benefit
    I have a bag of the stuff to use up which I got dirt cheap a while ago, so what's the most effective way to use it? I've been adding a few grams to my PWO. Or am I as well to plant magic beans in my garden haha?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    I have a bag of the stuff to use up which I got dirt cheap a while ago, so what's the most effective way to use it? I've been adding a few grams to my PWO. Or am I as well to plant magic beans in my garden haha?
    I would dose the leucine between meals TBH.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    I'd say 5-10g at a time pre w/o and post w/o is beneficial, more than that is probably just going to waste.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

9. I am curious about excess Aminos converting to glucogenesis
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    I would dose the leucine between meals TBH.
    This
    as layne shows in his MPS Study
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com
    •   

11. Heres a thought....and nobody has mentioned it-

buy your own bulk Leucine, valine, and iso- and make the blends your self.

try 2:1:1, then 3:1:1 then 4:1:1 and so on and so fourth- then get freaky with it. If you respond well to 4:1:1 (which I do) try 4:1:2 or 4:2:1- mix and match at your will.

then when you find your own proprietary blend- just keep making it and that way you have the absolute best blend for you-and its the most cost effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

12. Stick to what works. Peptides at 50% bcaa. Or amino patches which I like as well.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    that would apply to the great majority of studies out there, not just ones sponsored/paid for by certain companies or interest groups too much stock is put into "studies", by the ppl who cannot think for themselves or are not intuitive enough to use a product and be able to personally notice if xyz product is beneficial and efficacious for them
    This

14. I use to use xtend like crazy, but now my go to is NOW BCAA and mixing that with Compete for my intra.
    Now after reading all this, sounds like Lucien the way to go? Buy in bulk and consume between meals? Is there a time before or after meals it should be consumed?
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

15. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    I use to use xtend like crazy, but now my go to is NOW BCAA and mixing that with Compete for my intra.
    Now after reading all this, sounds like Lucien the way to go? Buy in bulk and consume between meals? Is there a time before or after meals it should be consumed?
    Yes, leucine is supposedly the way to go Unless of course you have a BCAA deficiency (during a cut, type of diet, etc.).

16. As I'm sure I recall reading in numerous sources, I'm sure leucine alone isn't as effective as leucine WITH the other aminos. It still needs them to work effectively as I understand it, but leucine is the key one.

17. I like the flavors of Xtend pretty well if I am going to go the BCAA route. I also use Compete pretty often, while it isn't a BCAA product you should look in to it for your purposes. I also really like Powershock it has BCAA and Nitrates in it. (Get lemon lime if you go powershock though or you will wish you had)

Add some additional Leucine to whatever you take.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    As I'm sure I recall reading in numerous sources, I'm sure leucine alone isn't as effective as leucine WITH the other aminos. It still needs them to work effectively as I understand it, but leucine is the key one.
    You're correct although most typical bodybuilding diet will consist of a balance of all 3.

This is regarding people who have the 40/40/20 macro split or less protein. The protein whores* 50% or more of your caloric intake is protein* will have more leucine and less isoleucine and valine. Especally if primarily meat eaters.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Yes, leucine is supposedly the way to go Unless of course you have a BCAA deficiency (during a cut, type of diet, etc.).
    Correct
    spaced 4-6 hours (meals) with BCAA inbetween 5g Leucine.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post
    Whats a good BCAA to take in terms of ratio, price and quantity? I want something thats affordable but good quality and will last at least 5-6 weeks. Brands etc please?
    Inner Armour has a pretty good BCAA powder for the price. Taste could be better though...

21. If you prefer pills checkout CTDLABS BCAA3750. All good products mentioned.
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I would do a bulk leucine with a good amino blend like Core ABC/Cellucor Cor BCAA/SCivation Xtend to bump leucine intake.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com

23. Did you choose a BCAA product that worked well for you. I know of a few that are decent just wondering if you picked one. I also have two pre workouts that you could see some value in using. Let me know ill do everything I can to help.
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Did you choose a BCAA product that worked well for you. I know of a few that are decent just wondering if you picked one. I also have two pre workouts that you could see some value in using. Let me know ill do everything I can to help.
    Pre-workout? This is a bcaa thread?

Confused...
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Pre-workout? This is a bcaa thread? Confused...
    Come on Bob, it's a PWO/BCAA/anavar product. An all-in-one sorta thing.
  26. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Come on Bob, it's a PWO/BCAA/anavar product. An all-in-one sorta thing.
    AH
    that magical anavar..

My bad
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com

27. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Did you choose a BCAA product that worked well for you. I know of a few that are decent just wondering if you picked one. I also have two pre workouts that you could see some value in using. Let me know ill do everything I can to help.

this guy....

conversation between two guys, talking about deer they killed while hunting last w/e:
    "yep, she sure was a big one"

other guy, readying to say something back, but gets interrupted:

[enter musclegauge]
    "wow yeah that sounds pretty intense! I also like to use Muscle Mass by Muscle Gauge, it really fills me up when I need nutrition and can't eat! being on anavar is insane! be sure to let me know if you have questions on our products"

shrewd

28. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

this guy....

conversation between two guys, talking about deer they killed while hunting last w/e:
    "yep, she sure was a big one"

other guy, readying to say something back, but gets interrupted:

[enter musclegauge]
    "wow yeah that sounds pretty intense! I also like to use Muscle Mass by Muscle Gauge, it really fills me up when I need nutrition and can't eat! being on anavar is insane! be sure to let me know if you have questions on our products"

shrewd
    Lols!

Ill just have what ever snags takes to look so dang good
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Repped and on spread. Fukin Lost it...
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    anabolicminds.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Some BCAA advice
    By jhferry in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:58 PM
  2. PLEASE !! some advice on CEE and BCAA's
    By frezel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4