Nootropic Noob. Help me out!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Nootropic Noob. Help me out!

So I want to try to get into nootropics because I know they're probably a lot better for you than prescription drugs, alcohol, and party drugs. I have researched them a little bit, but I still don't know much. So this is what I'm looking for, anti depressant, anti anxiety/social anxiety, something to help with my ADD, and some sort of party drug for going out. I can't drink alcohol at the moment because of health issues and with all the **** they're spiking molly with nowadays, I'm never touching that **** again. So help me out, I'm a total noob. Oh, and I don't want anything that's gonna kill my libido, I have enough issues there already.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

What were you thinking of using nootropic wise? I have experimented with quite a few. I wouldn't really call it a nootropic necessarily but taking 25 mg of pregnenolone a day definitely gives a mood boost, and clearer thought. I've tried piracetam as well, I didn't notice too much from it even when coupled with a choline source. Noopept + Choline or racetams + focus xt is a good place to start. There are a lot of people on here who have FAR greater knowledge when it comes to the physiology of nootropics, and a lot of good threads on it. Do a little research and see what ya think.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

The only ones I've ever tried are Focus XT (which I use now) and the common ones like Kava, PEA (In supplements), Phenibut and Picamilon (In supplements). I'm just looking to expand and try something a little stronger. I was looking into Noopept, but I know a lot of Nootropics can negatively impact libido, so I'm trying to be careful. I've done a lot of reading on google and they seem pretty interesting, I just know very little about them. I've been looking into Piracetam, but maybe I would want to go for a stronger racetam. Idk, i just dont have enough knowledge to make a decision
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    The only ones I've ever tried are Focus XT (which I use now) and the common ones like Kava, PEA (In supplements), Phenibut and Picamilon (In supplements). I'm just looking to expand and try something a little stronger. I was looking into Noopept, but I know a lot of Nootropics can negatively impact libido, so I'm trying to be careful. I've done a lot of reading on google and they seem pretty interesting, I just know very little about them. I've been looking into Piracetam, but maybe I would want to go for a stronger racetam. Idk, i just dont have enough knowledge to make a decision
    I know this is ugly but posted from my phone so. .

Piracetam was helpful with adhd, but my stack of choice for studying has been piracetam, pea, and huperzine A. Sometimes I change that up and use Oxiracetam instead of Piracetam, Aniracetam was not really of much use with my ADHD for what ever reason. phosphatidylserine long term has been just about as good as my ADHD meds at times.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23495677/
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Oh and none of these items had any impact on my libido.
    ForeRunner Labs
  6. Registered User
    Answers

If you need help with anxiety, I recommend Aniracetam ( That's what it improves most, but the first week or so you'll experience a sleepy feeling, just wait for it to kick in ), and stack that with Pramiracetam (Strongest racetam, but very safe) or you can try Phenylpiracetam but it has a severe receptor down-regulation . Pramiracetam probably helps the most for studying and memory/ focus, and it's the most intense so if you need to get some stuff done, Pramiracetam is good. Piracetam is very mild, you have to experiment with your own dosages to see what works best for you (As for all racetams), but it does increase mood, and creativity. If you're looking for a stimulant "Party" type drug, id recommend Adrafinil or Sulbutiamine (Both mild stimulants, 'Sulb' is more like drinking a big cup of coffee and it will get you through the day with energy, it's actually a source of caffeine, and Adrafinil converts to Modafinil in the liver, which kindof gives off an adderall effect, just not as strong, but if you want to party, Adrafinil will keep you up all night, and also it helps a lot if you need something before a big situation where you need to be on your A game. The Airforce uses Modafinil so they dont even get tired on the job). Also, you MUST use a good Choline Source. I recommend Alpha GPC. By the way, do not stack all these together. If you'd like, you can message me and ill create a stack for you that will work perfectly for what's going on with you.
  7. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Focus xt and Huperzine A will help with ADD/studying while Picamilon is great for general anxiety. For days with extreme anxiety then Phenibut XT is great.
    As far as a "party type" noop I cant help you there
    We have some sample packs of Phenibut XT if you would like to try it

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Also a newb to noop's but just curious about what people think of this Adrafinil, Piracetam, and Aniracetam stack?? From what i've been reading in here aniracetam may not do much so maybe replace with Huperzine A?
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Dietary Supplement: L-Theanine at proper dose helps ease anxiety as does certain flavones (alpha-Naphthoflavone for instance).

Gray Market: Clobenzorex (Itravil)

Pharmaceutical: Nuvigil or Adderall (Personal preference based on my experience)
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post
    What were you thinking of using nootropic wise? I have experimented with quite a few. I wouldn't really call it a nootropic necessarily but taking 25 mg of pregnenolone a day definitely gives a mood boost, and clearer thought. I've tried piracetam as well, I didn't notice too much from it even when coupled with a choline source. Noopept + Choline or racetams + focus xt is a good place to start. There are a lot of people on here who have FAR greater knowledge when it comes to the physiology of nootropics, and a lot of good threads on it. Do a little research and see what ya think.

Interesting info. I will look in to this as well. Thanks!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Focus xt and Huperzine A will help with ADD/studying while Picamilon is great for general anxiety. For days with extreme anxiety then Phenibut XT is great. As far as a "party type" noop I cant help you there We have some sample packs of Phenibut XT if you would like to try it
    I'd like to try phenibut to help deal with stress..
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    Phenibut is a tricky bitch....not really just don't take it more then once or twice a week and take choline with it to avoid head aches

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
    ForeRunner Labs
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

I have tried the powder version of Pheni, but all it did was put me to sleep. Woke up with terrible headaches as well.

Has anyone tried Kratom tea?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Phenibut is a tricky bitch....not really just don't take it more then once or twice a week and take choline with it to avoid head aches

Just saw your post. I experienced headaches too without an ounce of the "feel goods"
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    I have tried the powder version of Pheni, but all it did was put me to sleep. Woke up with terrible headaches as well.

Has anyone tried Kratom tea?
    Kratom from PHF is amazing for a supplement once in a great while I'll pop 3, some have had addiction issues with both these.
    ForeRunner Labs
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Just saw your post. I experienced headaches too without an ounce of the "feel goods"
    Oh and I dose a bit higher to get a benzo like feeling. Take your time start low take it once a week with choline and find your dose.

ForeRunner Labs
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

Phenibut is a tricky bitch....not really just don't take it more then once or twice a week and take choline with it to avoid head aches Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
    What else would u suggests to deal with stress. This is new territory for me..
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

It depends what kind of stress we are talking here. If its a once in a while thing phenibut is great to kick back and relax once in a while at 225 3 grams is benzo realm for me. For more of a long term fix think of it like mood stabilizers(St. johns wart, 5htp, p5p) Mild anxiety here and try L-Theanine its kind of hit or miss for me though and I find myself taking tons at once..
    ForeRunner Labs
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Focus xt and Huperzine A will help with ADD/studying while Picamilon is great for general anxiety. For days with extreme anxiety then Phenibut XT is great.
    As far as a "party type" noop I cant help you there
    We have some sample packs of Phenibut XT if you would like to try it
    This.

Luckily focus XT contains huperzine a which makes it an excellent noot.

SNS also stocks phenibut and picamilon just so you know.

Demiurge + FXT is my go-to study stack that doesn't affect my libido, but idk about other people
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  20. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Message me your name and shipping info and I will get you a sample out

Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  21. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Kratom from PHF is amazing for a supplement once in a great while I'll pop 3, some have had addiction issues with both these.
    Kratom can be quite dangerous. I doubt it will be on the market for too long

22. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

SNS Picamilan is available in 50 and 150 mg dosages...definitely worth trying

23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Answers

SNS Picamilan is available in 50 and 150 mg dosages...definitely worth trying
    I think this is what I'm going to try.. Any recommendation on dosing??
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I have read the same.. picked some up on their presale and still have yet to finish it off. Honestly it reminds me of a weak version of vicodin.
    ForeRunner Labs
  25. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I think this is what I'm going to try.. Any recommendation on dosing??
    For stress I like 150mgs once twice a day as needed

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Oh and I dose a bit higher to get a benzo like feeling. Take your time start low take it once a week with choline and find your dose.
    Appreciate the advice. I will give it a try.

Dangerous? How?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Dangerous? How?
    Kratom can actually darken the skin on your cheeks with continued use but I'm not sure how common this side effect is. Any one have any recommendations for something to stay focused and alert? I mentioned a stack in a previous post on the thread was hoping someone could give some input...
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  28. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Dangerous? How?
    just a quick C&P:
    Case 1. A 55 year old man (Thai) had with 20 years started to use kratom. In the last few weeks he complained about cramps and mental confusion. He was thin, had dark discoloration on both cheeks and also showed consciousness disturbances, delusions, and hallucinations.

Case 2. A 32 year old Thai, who was employed as a worker, started with 22 years to consume kratom daily. In the last two years he has used in addition alcohol. He suffered from paranoia and states of confusion. After two weeks of treatment, the result was satisfactory.

Case 3. A 31 year old married Thai, who was employed as a worker, consumed kratom since 14 years of age. He complained about nausea and headaches. He suffered among others from hallucinations, paranoia, and states of confusion.

Case 4 and 5. These two patients developed likewise psychoses. They suffered from several dependencies: kratom, alcohol, amphetamines, and heroin. Within ten years after withdrawal, they had no relapse.

The Malaysian “Ministry of Health” had 1994 a second study over 54 consumers prepared, who had used kratom for 1 to 20 years. Almost all investigated individuals (94.3 %) related to have taken opioids and marijuana before they switched to kratom. The patients indicated to have suffered from withdrawal symptoms when trying to break the kratom consumption. But they also indicated that the withdrawal symptoms were milder and shorter than with opioids. There were also health tests and biochemical tests done, which confirmed that the consumers were in good health and showed no deviations to relevant values.

The scientists now have a multitude of reports on hand through the increasing spreading of kratom outside of Asia. This way it is possible to collect information which was not influenced by faith and tradition. This new source of information makes it possible to understand and research the manifold effects of kratom as well as to clarify and correct some mistakes and contradictory reports from scientific articles. Many testimonies of Western consumers though confirm the previous research data and reports.

GUIDELINES FOR CONSUMPTION

To avoid a possible dependency and habit formation, kratom should not be used more than about once per week.

Kratom should also not be combined with other stimulants (cocaine, yohimbine, amphetamine – also called speed -, as well as caffeine) and drugs which suppress the nervous system (opiates, alcohol, or benzodiazepine), because of the danger of overstimulation or too strong a sedation that can cause breathing difficulties or standstill.

Kratom should in addition not be combined with MAO inhibitors – MAOIs – (Peganum harmala, passionflowers, or antidepressants), since the combination of MAOIs with monoamines can evoke fatale reactions, although this has not been scientifically researched yet for kratom. MAO inhibitors have the effect of balancing certain brain transmitter substances. In this process they inhibit the so-called monoamine oxidase (MAO) and thus influence the reduction of certain brain transmitters. If one consumes body-foreign monoamines, they will not be broken down normally which can lead to a dangerous increase in blood pressure.

29. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Dangerous? How?
    just a quick C&P:
    Case 1. A 55 year old man (Thai) had with 20 years started to use kratom. In the last few weeks he complained about cramps and mental confusion. He was thin, had dark discoloration on both cheeks and also showed consciousness disturbances, delusions, and hallucinations.

Case 2. A 32 year old Thai, who was employed as a worker, started with 22 years to consume kratom daily. In the last two years he has used in addition alcohol. He suffered from paranoia and states of confusion. After two weeks of treatment, the result was satisfactory.

Case 3. A 31 year old married Thai, who was employed as a worker, consumed kratom since 14 years of age. He complained about nausea and headaches. He suffered among others from hallucinations, paranoia, and states of confusion.

Case 4 and 5. These two patients developed likewise psychoses. They suffered from several dependencies: kratom, alcohol, amphetamines, and heroin. Within ten years after withdrawal, they had no relapse.

The Malaysian “Ministry of Health” had 1994 a second study over 54 consumers prepared, who had used kratom for 1 to 20 years. Almost all investigated individuals (94.3 %) related to have taken opioids and marijuana before they switched to kratom. The patients indicated to have suffered from withdrawal symptoms when trying to break the kratom consumption. But they also indicated that the withdrawal symptoms were milder and shorter than with opioids. There were also health tests and biochemical tests done, which confirmed that the consumers were in good health and showed no deviations to relevant values.

The scientists now have a multitude of reports on hand through the increasing spreading of kratom outside of Asia. This way it is possible to collect information which was not influenced by faith and tradition. This new source of information makes it possible to understand and research the manifold effects of kratom as well as to clarify and correct some mistakes and contradictory reports from scientific articles. Many testimonies of Western consumers though confirm the previous research data and reports.

GUIDELINES FOR CONSUMPTION

To avoid a possible dependency and habit formation, kratom should not be used more than about once per week.

Kratom should also not be combined with other stimulants (cocaine, yohimbine, amphetamine – also called speed -, as well as caffeine) and drugs which suppress the nervous system (opiates, alcohol, or benzodiazepine), because of the danger of overstimulation or too strong a sedation that can cause breathing difficulties or standstill.

Kratom should in addition not be combined with MAO inhibitors – MAOIs – (Peganum harmala, passionflowers, or antidepressants), since the combination of MAOIs with monoamines can evoke fatale reactions, although this has not been scientifically researched yet for kratom. MAO inhibitors have the effect of balancing certain brain transmitter substances. In this process they inhibit the so-called monoamine oxidase (MAO) and thus influence the reduction of certain brain transmitters. If one consumes body-foreign monoamines, they will not be broken down normally which can lead to a dangerous increase in blood pressure.

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Well, alright then!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    Kratom can actually darken the skin on your cheeks with continued use but I'm not sure how common this side effect is. Any one have any recommendations for something to stay focused and alert? I mentioned a stack in a previous post on the thread was hoping someone could give some input...
    I just started taking Ripped Cocktail by Lecheek and so far my focus is right on!
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I just started taking Ripped Cocktail by Lecheek and so far my focus is right on!
    Was thinking about something more for work. Looking into Adrafinil, Piracetam and alpha GPC... I mix up my own pre workouts for the gym which definitely gets me amped and focused but not in a way that is suitable for a desk job lol.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    Was thinking about something more for work. Looking into Adrafinil, Piracetam and alpha GPC... I mix up my own pre workouts for the gym which definitely gets me amped and focused but not in a way that is suitable for a desk job lol.

OKAY....I am officially out of this thread...I promise!!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Pramiracetam+5-htp+modafinil/armodafinil=Killer mind stack
    Selegline+Pramiracetam+lexapro (escitalopram) =awesome

right now im just using my lexapro+modafinil and its awesome. I love it!

but PRAMI is by far the best racetam out there in my experience. Look into brotha and let us know how it goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

but PRAMI is by far the best racetam out there in my experience. Look into brotha and let us know how it goes!
    Thanks for the info man. I'll let you guys know what I end up with and I will log it for everyone interested.
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

What an absolutely ridiculous stack to recommend to a newbie.
    PES
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Sulbutamine on it's own is nothing really to wright home about but with caffeine it's actually really good for focus!
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

For anyone interested I started a log:

Brain Candy log (adrafinil, piractam and alpha GPC)
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Sulbutamine on it's own is nothing really to wright home about but with caffeine it's actually really good for focus!
    I love sulbutamine. Gives me a better "kick" than caffein. Clearer head too.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    I love sulbutamine. Gives me a better "kick" than caffein. Clearer head too.
    Do you feel anything on it's own?!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me out im needing some upper back thickness
    By good_guye28 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 07:25 AM
  2. Help Me Out: Mid M1,4ADD Cycle Question
    By skeptical in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 04:50 AM
  3. PLEASE help me out with a stack bros