Should I dose Arachadonic Acid on off-days?

dpk33

Banned
Awards
I've been told 4 caps of X-Gels pre-workout, and only preworkout. I go to the gym 3x a week, therefore I dose 3x a week. Should I be taking some ARA during the days I don't go to the gym? If so, how much?

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Yes. You should still take ARA on off days. The same number of x-gels on off days, 4.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Typically the pre-wo only dose is used when dosing higher amounts 1.5-2g and when workouts are typically 4-5x week, which gets similar results and the bottle lasts a little longer.

You can dose 1g on off days as well.

dpk33

Banned
Awards
So what is the optimal dose if I workout 3x a week? 1.5g pre? 1g everyday?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
at 3x per week I would personally use 1.5g PWO. Or dose 1g for 4 days. But imo you would get the best results dosing higher on workout days and not dosing on non-workout days, just to make the bottle last longer.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Typically the pre-wo only dose is used when dosing higher amounts 1.5-2g and when workouts are typically 4-5x week, which gets similar results and the bottle lasts a little longer.

You can dose 1g on off days as well.
Dosing on just workout days is far superior than dosing every day in my experience and many others. The every day dosing is antiquated.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dosing on just workout days is far superior than dosing every day in my experience and many others. The every day dosing is antiquated.
This has been my experience as well...it's the only way I'm running it now and for all future ArA runs...

dpk33

Banned
Awards
Ok thanks for the replies everyone. But if I am running 6 caps per dose, can I run 3 bottles back to back to make it 50 doses in total, for this cycle?

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Maybe SNS should update their labeling suggestions then.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Also, if ARA effects inflammatory response only taking it on workout days would seem pretty counter intuitive besides bro science. The only studies regarding it's effectiveness subjects have taken it for 50 days, everyday..not on workout days.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dosing is optional on off days with X-Factor/Arachidonic Acid, all anecdotal feedback has shown similar results between the two dosing protocols.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Maybe SNS should update their labeling suggestions then.
Some companies that sell Creatine still have it labelled that you need a loading phase ;)

In any case, these are our opinions for the best use of the product but you can of course use ArA everyday for 50 days if that works for you. It does have other effects that may make it useful on non-workout days however it is best taken in the pre-workout window so we recommend that so the bottle lasts longer :D

Also, if ARA effects inflammatory response only taking it on workout days would seem pretty counter intuitive besides bro science. The only studies regarding it's effectiveness subjects have taken it for 50 days, everyday..not on workout days.
When you exercise, Arachidonic acid (alongside other fatty acids) are shuttled to skeletal muscle, hence why we suggest using it only in the context of a workout situation. In a resting situation, ArA is also shuttled to adipose tissue alongside skeletal muscle (meaning that there is competition). ArA in the pre-workout window is best as it ensures delivery to skeletal muscle where it performs its best use.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, neuron's thread is all bro science /facepalm

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This. I literally spent the last hour and a half reading through that entire thread.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I just took my first dose today and OH MY EFFING GOD! This thing is like a gift from the workout gods. Pair this with Anabeta Elite and you can up the calories and see the full benefits.

Does ARA have any effects on testosterone (besides the added level of aggression that comes from the added benefit of lifting so much weight) ?

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Well if you can provide anything besides anecdotal evidence that it works when taking it only on workout days i.e. a study, than by all means do so. However I assume if you had one you would have already posted it, so how is that not broscience to only dose on workout days? /facepalm

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
As for Jiigzz, I have been taking ARA for some time now, of multiple different brands. I always research what I take, and read up as much as I can on it. Thank you for your diplomatic answer. That's how reps are supposed to act! Props to you. Warbird on the other hand could take a lesson from you, good thing I don't base my opinions of a company based on various forum reps :)

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
I just took my first dose today and OH MY EFFING GOD! This thing is like a gift from the workout gods. Pair this with Anabeta Elite and you can up the calories and see the full benefits.

Does ARA have any effects on testosterone (besides the added level of aggression that comes from the added benefit of lifting so much weight) ?
What did you notice from your first dose?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well if you can provide anything besides anecdotal evidence that it works when taking it only on workout days i.e. a study, than by all means do so. However I assume if you had one you would have already posted it, so how is that not broscience to only dose on workout days? /facepalm
I have the studies on hand that Neuron posted however, with exception of the Baylor study, they are not on arachidonic acid supplementation per se, but the way fatty acids behaviour in an exercise environment as well as lipoproteins (lipoproteins couple with ArA to be transported). LPL expression to skeletal muscle is increased with exercise which is shown here [http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/268/2/E229].

Basically it means that when you supplement with ArA and then exercise, the LPL is active and shuttles the fatty acid to skeletal muscle instead of adipose (which may occur at rest or if you consume with an insulinogenic food source) where it can be used for the purpose you intend it for.

Another scenario that would favor ArA supplementation (and shuttling of ArA to skeletal muscle) is after a 20 hour fast, however when this is not appropriate, exercise is the best stimulus.

Hopefully this helps.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well, scientific evidence shows it doesn't affect body composition if you take it daily, if you wanna look at it that way :D

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So what exactly on the two mentioned dosing protocols?
I'm assuming one is a gram per day every day for 50 days and the other is a gram pre workout ONLY on work out days?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So what exactly on the two mentioned dosing protocols?
I'm assuming one is a gram per day every day for 50 days and the other is a gram pre workout ONLY on work out days?
Yeah that's it basically.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ArA does not effect testosterone levels.

That's great to hear you're loving it from the first dose, I think within the next year or so almost as many people will know of arachidonic acid as they do other proven ergogens like creatine, beta alanine, bcaa, etc. Nothing else out there compares to ArA!

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established

That's great to hear you're loving it from the first dose, I think within the next year or so almost as many people will know of arachidonic acid as they do other proven ergogens like creatine, beta alanine, bcaa, etc. Nothing else out there compares to ArA!
Completely agreed!

I was telling my buddy about it and he couldn't quite grasp it. So I told him simply that it's an omega 6 fatty acid that increases strength and inflammation and he was like "that sounds stupid." So, more ARA for us!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Completely agreed!

I was telling my buddy about it and he couldn't quite grasp it. So I told him simply that it's an omega 6 fatty acid that increases strength and inflammation and he was like "that sounds stupid." So, more ARA for us!
It is the key essential fatty acid responsible for protein synthesis. Along with protein, there is no more useful supplement on the market.

Agreed, more for the smart/informed!

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Completely agreed!

I think the inflammation part of Ara throws a lot of people off. I think most people think of inflammation as a bad thing because of all of the over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines. Yes, inflammation can be bad but it also sends signals to the body to heal. Some people can't grasp that concept.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Except ped's

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the inflammation part of Ara throws a lot of people off. I think most people think of inflammation as a bad thing because of all of the over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines. Yes, inflammation can be bad but it also sends signals to the body to heal. Some people can't grasp that concept.
Absolutely, the body actually dose a very good job of handling inflammation unless one has an inflammatory disease.

As the Baylor study showed, markers of systemic inflammation were actually reduced during 50 days on X-Factor at 1g per day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely, the body actually dose a very good job of handling inflammation unless one has an inflammatory disease.

As the Baylor study showed, markers of systemic inflammation were actually reduced during 50 days on X-Factor at 1g per day.
This. Prolonged Whole body systemic inflammation = bad, localised inflammation = needed for repair

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I already asked this in an other thread but still didnt get an answer. Is it safe to use ArA when there is a slight chance to have something like a mild gastritis?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am still a little confused on the inflammation part. What exactly is getting inflamed and is there risk to prostate and other organs?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I've done the everyday dosing and the only on workout days dosing now. I saw slightly more positive effects from everyday dosage looking in the mirror, but I also had some severe joint and tendon inflammation (I have sporadic onsets of elbow tendonitis and ARA exacerbates this issue). The strength gains were evident using both dosage protocols, whereas the actual visual confirmation seemed more prominent with the everyday dosage.

I very much appreciated the lack of elbow pain from the workout only dosages though. So...I'm at a loss as to determine what I prefer. I'm going to go with the only on workout days dosage simply because it didn't hurt me as badly.

I definitely saw better results using Compete and Hemavol with it + Micronized GMS.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the best dosage? 1, 1.5, or 2g? To many different dosages.

From what I'm seeing its 2g on workout days only

1g if used every day? Correct?

What would the effects be from 1 to 2g?

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
I've done the everyday dosing and the only on workout days dosing now. I saw slightly more positive effects from everyday dosage looking in the mirror, but I also had some severe joint and tendon inflammation (I have sporadic onsets of elbow tendonitis and ARA exacerbates this issue). The strength gains were evident using both dosage protocols, whereas the actual visual confirmation seemed more prominent with the everyday dosage.

I very much appreciated the lack of elbow pain from the workout only dosages though. So...I'm at a loss as to determine what I prefer. I'm going to go with the only on workout days dosage simply because it didn't hurt me as badly.

I definitely saw better results using Compete and Hemavol with it + Micronized GMS.
Interesting! Did you dose the same amount each cycle and how much?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I already asked this in an other thread but still didnt get an answer. Is it safe to use ArA when there is a slight chance to have something like a mild gastritis?
Perhaps. Perhaps not. When taken PWO it is directed to skeletal muscle but other things may be impacted.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am still a little confused on the inflammation part. What exactly is getting inflamed and is there risk to prostate and other organs?
During the study, inflammation was not notably increased. It wont cause damage but if you have issues with either, the already current inflammation process may be exacerbated.

It really doesnt increase inflammation that much for me

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. That is one thing I am always thinking about with any supplement and what studies have been done.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the best dosage? 1, 1.5, or 2g? To many different dosages. From what I'm seeing its 2g on workout days only 1g if used every day? Correct? What would the effects be from 1 to 2g?
I went with 2 grams and it was great. Many say that they don't see a difference between 1.5 an 2 grams but then again others do.

I would just dose on workout days no matter what dose you choose.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went with 2 grams and it was great. Many say that they don't see a difference between 1.5 an 2 grams but then again others do. I would just dose on workout days no matter what dose you choose.
So ima start at 1.5g and see how that goes so I can see if I feel a difference.

Cool workout days only than. It's going to be a nice pct :)

dpk33

Banned
Awards
So for my second dose of Ara, I tried 6 caps, or 1.5g. I literally had the worst headache after my workout. How likely is it that the ARA is the cause or had some sort of impact on my headache?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So for my second dose of Ara, I tried 6 caps, or 1.5g. I literally had the worst headache after my workout. How likely is it that the ARA is the cause or had some sort of impact on my headache?
I've heard of people commenting on ArA giving them headaches and could not finish their run with it.

What else did you take pre-workout?

dpk33

Banned
Awards
I've heard of people commenting on ArA giving them headaches and could not finish their run with it.

What else did you take pre-workout?
Took it with PES Enhanced, 4 scoops of CL Glycergrow and 2 scoops of Primaforce LCLT

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took it with PES Enhanced, 4 scoops of CL Glycergrow and 2 scoops of Primaforce LCLT
How many scoops of Enhanced did you use? And have you taken nitrates before?

dpk33

Banned
Awards
I used one scoop of Enhanced, and I'm usually stim tolerant. I've taken nitrates before, but do they cause headaches?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used one scoop of Enhanced, and I'm usually stim tolerant. I've taken nitrates before, but do they cause headaches?
Nitrates can cause them. It is always best to start at a low dose with them and work your way up. The headaches could be from the ArA or nitrates.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If worried about headaches with ArA, a few tips.

-Dont exceed the label recommendation of 4 caps
-Dont stack with nitric oxide products/nitrates (or at least keep the dose low)
-Try X-Factor Advanced which was designed to give you the benefits of X-Factor, without the side effects (headache, joint pain)